Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which one is the easiest SCUMM game?

Page: 1 of 1
 benton
11-10-2006, 1:05 PM
Hi there,

I have just installed the PocketSCUMM engine on my Smartphone. Would like to start with a very easy game to play (easiest puzzles) in order to get a taste of the platform, and to get used to the interface on the Smartphone as well.

Thanks in advance,

-Benton
 Scummbuddy
11-10-2006, 2:33 PM
Monkey Island 1 or Day of the Tentacle would be my suggestions for the first game to play in the SCUMM series.
 jp-30
11-10-2006, 3:07 PM
I'd say Full Throttle may be the easiest of the SCUMM games. Maybe...
 Samnmax221
11-10-2006, 3:45 PM
I'd say Full Throttle may be the easiest of the SCUMM games. Maybe...
I don't think a smartphone can handle Full Throttle, I know the DS version can't.
 clone2727
11-10-2006, 4:40 PM
Well, technically, the HE games are much easier. But, the easiest for me was CMI.
 Udvarnoky
11-10-2006, 5:14 PM
I would say Loom is the easiest, but it's also kind of an oddball game. I'm pretty sure when it was released it boasted about being friendly to beginners and being the first Lucas adventure that you couldn't get stuck in (assuming you write down all those drafts, of course).
 benton
11-10-2006, 5:14 PM
Thanks for all the responses.

What does 'HE' stands for? I' can't find a match for this on SCUMM'S game compatibility chart. Seems that this is the first puzzle I won't able to solve :( :)

Cheers,

-Benton
 jp-30
11-10-2006, 5:29 PM
Humongous Entertainment - Ron Gilbert's kids game series - Fredie Fish, Pyjama Sam, Spy Fox etc.

All quality games, actually...
 Udvarnoky
11-10-2006, 5:30 PM
The early ones, anyway.

Yeah those games actually used a form of the SCUMM engine and are thus also compatible with SCUMMVM.
 James Isaac
11-11-2006, 5:37 AM
I'd also say that Full Throttle is the easiest, however if a smartphone can't handle it then I'd recommend Monkey Island 1
 ThunderPeel2001
11-11-2006, 9:14 AM
I'd also say that Full Throttle is the easiest, however if a smartphone can't handle it then I'd recommend Monkey Island 1

I'd strongly disagree that Full Throttle is the easiest... It may be the shortest, but unfortunately it suffers from a LOT of annoying puzzles that aren't necessarily logical (as I discovered when I recently replayed it).

LOOM was commonly known at the time of its release as being an "easy" adventure. (Sierra even lampooned its easiness in one of their games.) Monkey Island 1 is certainly a friendly place to start, but it's not the easiest.

Loom is the way to go.
 clone2727
11-12-2006, 12:23 PM
I'd strongly disagree that Full Throttle is the easiest... It may be the shortest, but unfortunately it suffers from a LOT of annoying puzzles that aren't necessarily logical (as I discovered when I recently replayed it).

What? Loom is definitely the shortest.

LOOM was commonly known at the time of its release as being an "easy" adventure. (Sierra even lampooned its easiness in one of their games.) Monkey Island 1 is certainly a friendly place to start, but it's not the easiest.

Loom is the way to go.

I change my mind, Loom is the easiest.
 Glokidd
11-20-2006, 1:59 AM
Well i certainly wouldn say that Zak was the easiest :D pretty obscure that one. Embarrasingly enough it was like 10 years before i found out there was more than one playable character *shakes head and hides face*. Too many years in katmandu :(

I would also recommend loom, it was the first game i ever finished, and really built my confidence in my ability to figure out puzzles in adv. games. Either that or monkey island 2 purely for its ability to suck you into the storylne right away. In that sense its sorta the 'easiest' to get into
 cocomonk22
12-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade!
Page: 1 of 1