Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

.rim building?

Page: 1 of 1
 SithRevan
11-08-2006, 2:41 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering how you would go about buillding a .rim file, because I am making a mod that involves modification of the .are files and unfortunatly when you compile them into a .mod file they don't work. So does anybody know how to do this? I got a program that does make the .rim file but when I compile them and put them into the game they just refuse to work. The program is the rim builder that Eiz made that you can find here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=122049&highlight=List+Downloads%3A+Mods+Tools). Thanks for the help guys!
 Miltiades
11-08-2006, 3:01 PM
Compiling it into a .mod file works fine with me. The only problem here is, when warping to another module (via the console or on the normal way) or exiting the game, I get an error and I have to close the game.

Anyway, are you sure you placed every necessary file into the .mod file? And in upper right corner of the ERF/MOD builder in Kotor Tool, did you put the output file to MOD? and saved the file under mymodule.mod, not just mymodule? (Replace mymodule by your own module of course ;) )
 SithRevan
11-08-2006, 3:29 PM
Actually I forgot to say it up there but I am not compiling the whole module just the files that are in the .rim of the module. That is why I am assuming it will not work, and my main problem is getting it to compile with the program I mentioned up there. If you or anybody else could help me with that I would really appreciate it. Oh yeah also I just wanted to mention this is for K2 NOT K1, I do not know if that has any bearing over it but I though I would just make sure everybody knew about it.
 stoffe
11-08-2006, 3:29 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering how you would go about buillding a .rim file, because I am making a mod that involves modification of the .are files and unfortunatly when you compile them into a .mod file they don't work.

You could try the simple ERF/RIM Editor linked to in my signature, it can create new RIM files and let you modify (add/replace/delete content) existing ones. It should work, at least it did for the Arena mod I've used it for.

Be aware that it's a bit primitive and rough around the edges still though. If you use it, remember not to move any files you've added to the RIM/ERF file until after you've saved it, since the content file data is not read until you save and the location paths will be invalid if you move the files before they have been saved into the ERF/RIM. And if you use drag n drop to drag a lot of files out of an ERF/RIM file, don't let go of the mouse button until the progress bar has reached the end (the current version extracts the files before it lets you drop them at the desired destination).
 SithRevan
11-08-2006, 3:32 PM
Thank you stoffe you are a saint, that is exactly what I needed!:thumbsup:
Page: 1 of 1