Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fire a script on entering any module?

Page: 1 of 1
 SithRevan
11-06-2006, 2:51 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering how would you fire script on entering any module besides 001EBO, 002EBO, 101PER, and a couple other choice modules that I don't want the script to fire on? If this is possible how would you go about doing it, if you guys could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!:)
 stoffe
11-06-2006, 3:27 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering how would you fire script on entering any module besides 001EBO, 002EBO, 101PER, and a couple other choice modules that I don't want the script to fire on? If this is possible how would you go about doing it, if you guys could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!:)

Assign your script to the OnEnter event in the ARE file of those areas (and execute any original OnEnter script that might be set there from inside your own script instead with ExecuteScript() by checking which area it is the player has entered (GetModuleFileName()).
 SithRevan
11-06-2006, 3:32 PM
Oh thanks stoffe, but won't you have to repackage all of the modules you do that to in a .mod file for the .are file to work?
 stoffe
11-06-2006, 3:43 PM
Oh thanks stoffe, but won't you have to repackage all of the modules you do that to in a .mod file for the .are file to work?

You can edit the ARE file and put it back in the RIM file you extracted it from. Less work that way. (Just make a backup of the RIM files in question first, just in case. Since the ARE file is located in the smaller of the two RIM files that store module data that's fairly easily done).
 SithRevan
11-06-2006, 3:49 PM
OK thanks stoffe that really helps!:D
Page: 1 of 1