Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber colors

Page: 1 of 1
 wasa7
11-03-2006, 4:41 AM
Hello all. Perhaps many others had already ask for this but where is the lightsaber blade color info of a particular saber?

What I mean is that if I want to change the blade color of a hilt, lets say from red to blue, what files do I have to edit without changing the w_lsabrered01.tga file? Do I have to edit the .mdl and .mdx files for that particular saber with MDLops? I'm 97% sure that is not in the .uti file... or is it?

Anyways, thanks in advance!
 ChAiNz.2da
11-03-2006, 9:08 AM
easiest thing to do is use MDLOps' (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#skmo) "renamer" function. There's a tutorial in the readme that shows you how to do it :)

but yes, to answer your question.. the info for telling the saber what color to use is contained in the .mdl file. Hex editing can change the color, but MDLOps is much easier...

Renamer usage:

1) start mdlops

2) click 'select file'

3) browse to directory that has your .MDL file.

Select the .MDL and click 'open'

4) click on 'read model'

5) click on 'renamer'

6) type in a new texture name in the "New name" box

7) click on the mesh that needs its texture renamed

8) click "change name"

9) when you are done changing names, click "write model"

The model will be written to the same directory as

the original with the name model-rbin.mdl and

model-rbin.mdx
 maverick187
11-03-2006, 11:16 AM
If you hex edit the .mdl file, all you have to do is use the find function, and locate the four entries of "w_lsabrered01" (or 8 entries for double-blades) and rename them "w_lsabreblue01"... true MDLops is easier for most, but its always nice to know another way to do things :)
 wasa7
11-03-2006, 1:46 PM
Thanks you both! I'll give it a try right now...
Page: 1 of 1