Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some balance issues...

Page: 2 of 2
 TearsOfIsha
11-10-2006, 8:58 AM
Actually, I've not had much bother with the Corrupt faction (beyond their magic base destroying ray activates when you clear corruption from certain planets). I'm mainly having problems with the empire. Petro appear to have forgotten that if you allow the AI to bring in 10 star destroyers at once, then the battle becomes unwinnable.
 Lundquist
11-10-2006, 10:24 AM
I don't understand how someone can claim that the ZC isn't overpowered. I was just playing GC with the Rebel side, and I attacked Bothawui with the following force:

Home One
Sundered Heart
4x Calamari Cruisers
4x Mc30c
1x Assault Frigate
1x Nebulon Frigate
7x Corellian Corvettes
6x Corellian Gunboats
10x B-Wings

the ZC had:
1x Level 4 space station
2x V class frigates

In that battle I managed to take down 1 Vengeance Frigate before my entire forces were completely destroyed - With all my ships constantly firing at a Veangence frigate it took about 5 minutes to bring it down. Before that, my fleet had just ripped through an entire imperial fleet with 4 SD and several other ships, with no big losses.
Doesn't that seem overpowered?

The groundbattles I find is balanced fine though - it just sucks that Luke, Yoda or Obi-Wan can't be used in raidparties:/
 TearsOfIsha
11-10-2006, 3:08 PM
Sounds like another bug. The Vengence cruisers are those weird, cross shaped mass-driver toting things, yeah? They do appear tough - but I've found a fully equipped Assault Frigate is enough to bring them down. Some Y-wings are a big help.

Oh, and you say you had 4 MC30s shooting out the same time 5 minutes? There's definitely something went wrong there, I've brought down an ISD with that many before in about 2 minutes....
 mattwild
11-10-2006, 6:17 PM
Now that is very true, MC30s will make absolute bloody mincemeat of anything resembling a capital ship.
 YertyL
11-11-2006, 4:57 AM
Haha, I just found a funny illustration of the ZC's imbalance:
http://www.esl.eu/de/empireatwar/foc/1on1/news/30106/)
It's a german cup and they explicitly exlude the ZC as a party for balance reasons:

# Start: 08.11.06 18:00
# Zeit zwichen den Matches: Zwei Tage
# Zann Konsortium verboten!

I just find it funny that they appear to be so OP that they have to be excluded from a match if it is to be fair.
 TearsOfIsha
11-11-2006, 5:50 AM
Haha, I just found a funny illustration of the ZC's imbalance:
http://www.esl.eu/de/empireatwar/foc/1on1/news/30106/)
It's a german cup and they explicitly exlude the ZC as a party for balance reasons:

I just find it funny that they appear to be so OP that they have to be excluded from a match if it is to be fair.

I think that pretty much says it all really. At least the devs are watching these forums - I think the next patch will at least make up for mistakes. Good lord, they need to get a new testing team - the exp pack feels like it's an alpha version.
 Lundquist
11-11-2006, 7:00 AM
hmmm... I think some of the mods I took over from "regular" EAW screwed it up a bit. I now AM capable of taking out those ships and bases - however, I still think it's insanely more tough then taking out what's supposed to be the equivalent in Imperial forces.
Page: 2 of 2