Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Eclipse

Page: 1 of 1
 ElizLestrad
10-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Ok, Ive seen the preview for FoC, as Im sure many people have, showing the completed/controlable Eclipse in battle. And Ive read the manual showing that the Eclipse is a new hero unit for the Empire (Though I thought it would go to the Consortium due to Zann's speech in the preview) but I cannot figure out how to get it in either Skirmish or Galactic Conquest. Anyone lucky enough to figure this out?
 Crezzer Fett
10-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Its campaign only. Not available in skirmish or Galactic Conquest. I know...kinda sucks!
 ElizLestrad
10-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Dang. I was afraid of that. It seems kinda dumb though that theyd make the completed model for the preview then not have it as a useable unit. Oh well.
 Sithman1138
10-26-2006, 4:00 PM
Just wait a day or two and a mini-mod will re include it in all it's glory
 Dervishx3
10-26-2006, 7:01 PM
I'm looking into it right now. I managed to get it into Galactic Conquest, but whenever I start a battle with it the game crashes, meaning I modified something wrong.
 ElizLestrad
10-26-2006, 7:41 PM
The other thing I think was wierd was I saw the video of FoC being shown at the Expo and the LA dude said something about the maps being bigger and you being able to zoom out farther to accomidate for the size of the larger ships, but it doesnt look like they changed anything.

I was actually kinda surprised when the Executor warped in and it took up half the mini-map...LoL. Maybe thats why the Eclipse wasnt made playable.
 whiteflash
10-27-2006, 4:31 AM
they have mad the maps 30-40% bigger
 Doomgiver3
10-27-2006, 2:26 PM
did anyone else notice that the executor is white instead of a nice shade of black
 PoiuyWired
10-27-2006, 3:26 PM
How would this intersect with the canon EU world...?
 mattwild
10-27-2006, 4:56 PM
It's a dark purple / black colour as it should be.
 The Death Star
10-27-2006, 5:56 PM
I hope someone Mods the game soon so the Eclipse is available in GC. I'm stuck on the campaign mission where you must release Silri (the Sith Witch) Those Damn Rancors keep killing Tyber and Urai (Lol im a n00b!)
 Crezzer Fett
10-27-2006, 7:01 PM
The Executor is white in your game Doomgiver because you have the shader on low, crank it up a bit, and it should appear normal.
 FunSolo
10-27-2006, 7:11 PM
hm, it looks like the same colour like all the other star destroyers got, but its supposed to be more dark if i remember it right. correct me if im wrong, but i think it was a bit more dark in movies, on screens n stuff.
 Dervishx3
10-27-2006, 8:03 PM
Well, I got it in.

One problem though... it doesn't have hardpoints, it breaks the game, and it's in the state of being under construction.

So, yeah. Still working at it.
 mattwild
10-27-2006, 8:49 PM
Hmm... is there no complete model in the game files anywhere? Or maybe it might be released in an update? I quite like the idea of being able to build it, but perhaps L5 and only at Kuat.
 EmperorJello
10-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Well, the first trailer showed a completed Eclipse firing the superlaser. They must have gotten the model for that somewhere, unless it's nothing but a pre-rendered cutscene they made up.

But yeah, the incomplete Eclipse as seen in the campaign wouldn't be good for GC. It should be finished, at the very least, and have some real guns. The superlaser firing rate also ought to be dramatically reduced.
 LenaMarieD
10-29-2006, 12:49 AM
I think this was another case of BS False Advertising, it was very disapointed to find out despite what we've been led to believe and all the hyping its recieved the eclipse is really not playable aside from this POS incompete version. Im annoyed Petro would screw their fans like this.

I hope you modders have success, I like many many many others would love to play with this beautiful ship.
 The Death Star
10-29-2006, 6:42 AM
http://everythingeaw.com/showthread.php?p=823#post823)

The Eclipse Mod. You have to be a member of the forums to unlock it. But its damn good nonetheless.
 wedge2211
10-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I think this was another case of BS False Advertising, it was very disapointed to find out despite what we've been led to believe and all the hyping its recieved the eclipse is really not playable aside from this POS incompete version. Im annoyed Petro would screw their fans like this.
They've been telling us and telling us that the Eclipse would be a campaign-only cutscene sort of unit. For the past couple months, every time someone has signed up for these forums just to ask whether or not the Eclipse would appear as a buildable unit in Galactic Conquest or Skirmish, one of the developers has responded and said no. And their reasons for implementing the ship in this way are good ones. They haven't mislead us in the slightest. It's not their fault if you saw what could easily have been a clip from a cutscene in the trailer and misinterpreted what it meant.
 Sithman1138
10-29-2006, 2:14 PM
Is the Ecplise mod for FoC or EaW?
 Darth_Extas
10-29-2006, 2:46 PM
I agree with Wedge on this. For I have constantly heard the developers say it would be a Campaign-Only Unit. I wonder if the official star wars sight will add anything, they did last time Empire at War was released. Officially it is in FoC
 The Death Star
10-29-2006, 3:35 PM
Is the Ecplise mod for FoC or EaW?

For Forces of Corruption. Hopefully this mod should quench peoples' thirst for the Eclipse.
 Executor1608
10-29-2006, 3:54 PM
All I have to say is that the Eclipse is a beast despite it's lacking hardpoints.
Page: 1 of 1