Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Got my copy, did you get yours?

Page: 1 of 1
 Nakatomi2010
10-24-2006, 3:33 PM
I went to Target and Wal-Mart this morning and they didn't have copies, Target didn't know when they'd get it and Wal-Mart said that they can't check their stock, so they checked their website which sais "Available 10/24/06", but also said "Coming soon" and out of stock...

Circuit City said no it's not out, and their website doesn't even mention the game. Best Buy's website says it comes out on November 10th, the EBGames near where I live said tomorrow... However, the EBGames near where I work said Today and they had one left, so I just got my copy...

Anyone else run into availability issues?
 Executor1608
10-24-2006, 5:07 PM
Nice!!! Best buy says November but I got it from the store Today
!! :D YAY
 lordzack
10-24-2006, 8:40 PM
I'm getting mine tommorow. I woul've got it today, but my sister wasn't feeling up to it.
 darthcarth
10-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Yeah luckly eb games had one lol just like you.
 Marathon
10-24-2006, 10:57 PM
i tried best buy first then gamestop neither had it yet then i went to target and on the shelf there was one last copy i got it and went to check out as fast as i could go [ while watching for anyone that might try to steal my game ]
i haven't gotten to play yet though since my mom loaned me the money for it and she won't let me have it till i pay her back
 darthcarth
10-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Let me tell you thisits totaly unbalanced good story horrible balace.
 Executor1608
10-24-2006, 11:18 PM
nah I really wouldn't say horrible balance... Yes consortium is strong but playing as rebs or imps you can be strong too. You just have to use the right strategies.
 Rust_Lord
10-25-2006, 1:13 AM
Well blow me down the shipment arrived and I now have 1.5 hours to go before I can get home to play it. The first rumblings of unbalanced play dont alarm me too much as long as it relates to the campaign. I expected this...but unbalanced skirmish games would be a different story....
 Solid Snake
10-25-2006, 7:40 AM
its available at best buy today :) cant wait for it!! also when is battlefront 3 comming out???
 ImpElite
10-25-2006, 9:34 AM
its available at best buy today :) cant wait for it!! also when is battlefront 3 comming out???

Battlefront Three????? I didn't know they were making a Battlefront three.....

I don't have my copy of FOC yet, I might have to wait till X-mas.
 lordzack
10-25-2006, 11:57 AM
I think Battlefront 3 was just annouced, so it probably won't be for a long while now. However, I will have to wait one more day for Forces of Corruption it seems.
 ghost665_uk
10-25-2006, 1:34 PM
i suppose i would gotten it today but i cancelled my order, i would have probably only played it for a week then put it on the shelf just like EaW
 Darth_Extas
10-25-2006, 1:53 PM
Mine is coming Friday, I preordered it thanks to amazon! (Standard Shipping) is why it is coming on friday.
 The_Eradicator
10-25-2006, 3:02 PM
ill get mine next mouth as i am outtacash lol and i wont be wating for BF3 as BF2 really sucked
 jedi jim 1989
10-25-2006, 3:33 PM
i live in england, ma copy is pre ordered, i just gotta catch a bus into town and pick it up friday morning, i cant wait
 whiteflash
10-25-2006, 4:27 PM
Battlefront 3?????????????
post some links to the announcement then
 Lundquist
10-25-2006, 4:50 PM
I'm curious: is there only 1 single player campaign in the expansion for the consortium, or are there also campaigns for Empire and Rebellion? or do you have to play galactic conquest to try out the new units for those two?
 Sithman1138
10-25-2006, 6:48 PM
I called Best Buy to make sure it was there. The guy couldn't find it for 15 minutes because it was set as a 11/21/06 release on their system. Silly people. Ins6talling now!
 EmperorJello
10-25-2006, 6:52 PM
I'm curious: is there only 1 single player campaign in the expansion for the consortium, or are there also campaigns for Empire and Rebellion? or do you have to play galactic conquest to try out the new units for those two?

There's only one campaign.

As for the balance issues--I've been playing GC, and so far, the Galactic Empire seems rather powerful. The DT Phase III, for instance, can blow up nearly any building in two shots.
 Sithman1138
10-25-2006, 9:48 PM
I keep seeing rebel unit's descriptions in...Chinese? Weird. Not bad though. I'd say I'm a Third of the way thru the campaign. Any body know how to use the map editor with FoC?
 admiralach
10-26-2006, 8:16 AM
ill get mine next mouth as i am outtacash lol and i wont be wating for BF3 as BF2 really sucked
I don't see what you are talking about as BF2 kicked ass!
 Crezzer Fett
10-26-2006, 10:56 AM
BF2 was a dissapointment in my oppinion. I really liked BF 1, so was expecting alot out of BF 2, but all i found in BF2 were a few extra maps and characters, with no real gameplay improvements (only space battles, but they were poor anyway). If BF2 was PC only, it might as well of been an expansion not a sequel.
 lordzack
10-26-2006, 12:19 PM
I managed to get my copy yesterday. Funny story about that too. When I went to get Empire at War, I went to EB Games first. They ended up not having it so I went to GameSpot. So this time, I went to GameSpot first. They didn't have it, so I had to go to EB Games!
 admiralach
10-26-2006, 1:06 PM
BF2 was a dissapointment in my oppinion. I really liked BF 1, so was expecting alot out of BF 2, but all i found in BF2 were a few extra maps and characters, with no real gameplay improvements (only space battles, but they were poor anyway). If BF2 was PC only, it might as well of been an expansion not a sequel.

Actually BF2 is not the poor quality game you make it out to be, the clone wars units are now alot better. The rebel forces are more balanced with the empire and the space battles involve skill and the good quality graphics of the BF2 and the campaign is much more in-depth. :duel:
 Yesh
10-26-2006, 1:26 PM
Mine is coming Friday, I preordered it thanks to amazon! (Standard Shipping) is why it is coming on friday.

You got a shipping notice? Mine keeps saying shipping soon can not be changed and that the estimate is Nov 1st or 2nd. I placed this order August 1st.
 FunSolo
10-26-2006, 2:33 PM
got mine too today.
and its really cool... but.. the length of the campaign gotta be a joke o_O
its way, waaaay, waaaaaaaaaay to short.. im already through the campaign and how long did i play? 5-6 hours or so.. duh.. and im like a noob when it comes to rts games... im not gonna say that im pissed off about it.. but.. i expected a loooooot moooooore story since there is all the new stuff.
 jedi jim 1989
10-27-2006, 5:12 AM
got my copy, installing and gonna play soon :D cant wait
 PoiuyWired
10-27-2006, 3:20 PM
Actually BF2 is not the poor quality game you make it out to be, the clone wars units are now alot better. The rebel forces are more balanced with the empire and the space battles involve skill and the good quality graphics of the BF2 and the campaign is much more in-depth. :duel:

Well, there is some improvement on BF2 over BF1, but along with it comes lots of minor problems. Things like no-cockpit view of vehicles, some only have the 3rd person view even. The game seems rushed at certain places, like unskinned weaponary in wookiee mode and such. Obviously its an amprovement over BF1, but only slightly. It feels more like BF1.5 than BF2.

Ok, back to the topic. Is FoC actually FINISHED in terms of campaign? I mean, something is seriously "in the air" at the end. Are thay going to do a sequel, or maybe in a comic/book series?

Or is Tyber going to eventually learn the force, and got covered in a buncha Vong parasites?
 Jeff
10-27-2006, 7:52 PM
I just got my copy today no problem ;) Gonna try it out in a bit.
Page: 1 of 1