Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forces of Corruption in stores in October

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Anarch
09-15-2006, 3:43 PM
Fresh from the Lucasarts website: FoC will be released in October. No specific date, but still...

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar_foc/)
 Executor1608
09-15-2006, 5:18 PM
Thanks, but it's kinda been like that for a long time now... so this is nothing anybody hasn't heard of yet.
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-15-2006, 6:49 PM
I thought the release was going to be October 24th.

Well, according to Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starwarsempireatwarforces/index.html), it does.
 Darth Anarch
09-16-2006, 6:56 AM
Late October is a good guess, but any date on any website save for Lucasarts' is just that: a guess.
 Char Ell
09-16-2006, 10:51 AM
I find it strange that two weeks before September ends LucasArts still won't provide a more specific release date than the month of October.
 Darth Anarch
09-16-2006, 11:43 AM
They're just being careful not to promise anything they don't know for sure they can keep. Imagine the uproar among the fans if they said, "It'll be out in two weeks" and then they discovered a last-minute bug that had to be fixed. The whining would never stop. In my experience, software companies never say anything specific until the game goes gold.
 Char Ell
09-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Understood but I still think that LucasArts' unwillingness to provide a specific release date in the month before the game is going to be released indicates Petroglyph will be working on Forces of Corruption until the last minute. It will take 2-3 weeks for the media to be created and distributed to resellers so in order to get the expansion out by the end of October Petroglyph and LucasArts will have to finalize the code within the first few days of October. If that is what is going on then I'm thinking there's a good chance Forces of Corruption will have significant bugs.
 Boba Fett 1991
09-17-2006, 1:48 PM
If that is what is going on then I'm thinking there's a good chance Forces of Corruption will have significant bugs.

Chances Cutmeister, not facts. Also, the people working on FOC might be experienced at minimizing bugs.
 ImpElite
09-17-2006, 2:38 PM
I hope they are.
 DarthMaulUK
09-17-2006, 2:56 PM
Ok lets cut all this nonsense out.

The release date is October 24. Lucasarts know how important it is now to prevent slippage in release dates. With the original Empire at War, it was a brand new game engine and as you would expect - there will be bugs, due to time constraints - although apart from the early online mess, I didnt experience and show stopping bugs with my game. Then again, I know the importance of keeping my PC up to date.

Over the past year, more development has gone into the engine, leaving the team to focus on improving the overall experience and of course adding enhancements. So, lets NOT have another 'bash the game thread' full of unfounded facts.

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1