Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Super Enhanced for both KOTOR & TSL

Page: 2 of 2
 Alcia
09-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Great job Shem, I truly do love this mod. It alows me to use one of my biggest strong points. Strategy. But for playability issues, I did have to start editing mod weapons, so I got to learn how to do something new too. (note: i was the same person from kotor files asking how to make the custom weapons have the bonus properties that yours have) And i have to say, wow, you did great. The battles are interestin again!!!!!! Should hold me on for many a playthrough..... Thanks Shem for this wonderful mod.
 Shem
09-23-2006, 9:47 PM
(note: i was the same person from kotor files asking how to make the custom weapons have the bonus properties that yours have)Yes, I remember you. ;)

Thanks Shem for this wonderful mod.You're very welcome. :D

BTW, I'm letting the cat out of the bag on a surprise twist. Your duel with Bendak Starkiller will be different. When he switches from his blaster to melee combat, he pulls out a lightsaber instead. Just assume it's a lightsaber he kept from a Jedi he killed during the Mandalorian Wars and learned how to use it.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3087/bendaksaberspl5.jpg)
 DarklordVashna
09-24-2006, 8:32 AM
Shem,

I thank you for your efforts however I was just wondering if you were thinking of a version with the TSL_patch programme?

Without sounding thick the reason for my question is that I already have the baseitems.2da from other mods in my override folder (eg USM). When you say your mod is compatible does that mean I can simply replace the existing 2da in my override with your one?

Thanks.

DV
 Shem
09-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Without sounding thick the reason for my question is that I already have the baseitems.2da from other mods in my override folder (eg USM). When you say your mod is compatible does that mean I can simply replace the existing 2da in my override with your one?The USM uses the baseitems.2da file for their mod and my baseitem.2da file is compatible with it.

Also now that I think about it, you will need my Ultimate Sound Mod for this mod to be at it's fullest, or the short and double-bladed lightsaber on/off sounds won't make a sound. I should update the front page with that information. At least use the lightsaber on/off sounds from the mod, or you'll have to do some .2da editing to use it.
 ifikrates
11-07-2006, 3:50 PM
dear Shem,
excellent mod‼
this is the way to enhance the difficulty of the game instead of just ridiculously pumping up the vitality / hit points ratio of your enemies (spending more than 5 minutes on hacking / slashing / force-crushing every ordinary thug definitely makes the game harder, but it doesn't make it more fun).
It appears to me however that there were some minor problems: the power of the most ordinary, 'regular' blasters was enhanced significantly, while that of the more advanced or unique was not - in fact, they were weaker than the regular ones. The same goes for swords.
 Shem
11-07-2006, 4:42 PM
It appears to me however that there were some minor problems: the power of the most ordinary, 'regular' blasters was enhanced significantly, while that of the more advanced or unique was not - in fact, they were weaker than the regular ones. The same goes for swords.I didn't work on much of the swords. Wasn't interested in making them really powerful since I usually don't use them and I strongly believe that blasters should be more threatening than a sword. Ask yourself this, if you had someone who wanted to take your life, who would you be more afraid of? A person with a gun, or a person with a sword?

As for the blasters, I could have made some of the unique ones a little weaker, but I'd have to go through the items to see. Besides, I look at lasers as just pure energy as lightsabers are, so I made them nearly equals for that reason. What my main focus was to have the weapons that are used very commonly by enemies to give you a run for your money to make it a challenge in that way.

But you didn't say what game you were talking about (either K1 or TSL). It's amazing at what kind of results people have. Someone at FileFront was telling me how the lightsabers made it too easy in K1.
 Lunar4
11-16-2006, 12:06 PM
I started a new game on TSL with this mod installed, thing is I cant get past the two droids with T3... He just gets blasted as soon as the door opens.

edit: KSE doesnt work with my game either :(. I get an error message then it closes.
 gharidos
06-06-2007, 9:56 AM
how were you able to remove the "max dex bonus" thingy and the force restrictions in the armor?
 draconus333
06-06-2007, 3:32 PM
Great mod. I was looking for something to make it a bit more challenging. Before I try it out on TSL I guess I should try without the hardcore mod since I don't know about the intensity of this yet.

I didn't do much work on the swords in this mod. Some have been modified, but not many of them.

My personal belief is that a pistol should be more threating than a sword. Ask yourself this... If you saw a man in real life with a sword and another with a gun, which person would you fear the most?

for some reason on my game no matter what mods I have installed even melee weapons blaster bolt deflect for me. and that's before using your mod.

By the way, any melee weapon (including the smallest knife I own) does more actual damage to the body than a gunshot. They are much deadlier. It would have made it more realistic if you would have buffed these up strengthwise too. Besides, with your improved blaster power wouldn't it be a feat just to get up to them with a melee weapon anyways?

Edit: by the way you are more likely to survive a gunshot than a sword stab or slice.

Edit number 3 (second paragraph after the quote was 1): I studied ballistics in law enforcemet class as part of the curriculum. That is how I know the above fact, so if you don't believe me take it up with a ballistics expert or even most police officers.

Edit 4: sorry if I came off as mad... I really am not. This is a great mod (except for some things I can't blame you for, like the fact that I had to edit some other mods to get the same benefits. The reason for the edit is this. I just tried a blaster for the first time ever on TSL on my PC (most others always have them) (I normally stick with melee weapons until my lightsaber) and I noticed that I also blaster bolt deflect while wielding blasters and being unarmed. It has nothing to do with your mod, but it's just a funny quirk. It only works with my PC though, and not any secondary characters.
 RedHawke
06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
The reason for the edit is this. I just tried a blaster for the first time ever on TSL on my PC (most others always have them) (I normally stick with melee weapons until my lightsaber) and I noticed that I also blaster bolt deflect while wielding blasters and being unarmed. It has nothing to do with your mod, but it's just a funny quirk. It only works with my PC though, and not any secondary characters.
Uh? :eyeraise: Not a "quirk". There is a Force Power that does this in TSL... called Force Deflection. Silly! :xp:
 draconus333
06-07-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't have that force power in new games at level 1 though

Edit: I meant to comment on this earlier, but I forgot. Anyways, I just wanted to say it might be a good idea for future reference to remove Batu Rem's guns in the TSL version or replace them with weaker, unmodified ones. If I hadn't been dark side I wouldn't have been able to kill him (force shock and force choke (or whatever the level 1 of that is called...)). I don't see how anyone could withstand two consecutive shots doing 50 at only like level 6 or 7 while unarmed with no armor. The only conceivable way I can think of is using codes...
 RedHawke
06-07-2007, 11:53 PM
I don't have that force power in new games at level 1 though
You might, as that is what does as you describe.
 draconus333
06-08-2007, 11:35 AM
How could I? It's a level 6 force power and it says nowhere in game that I have it when I make a new file.

Edit: and yes, so far every time I've started a new game ever I have had the same effects as improved blaster bolt deflection without the power itself.
 OD_MIA
07-05-2007, 10:38 PM
very nice mod idea, but i noticed something...
i played as a soldier/jedi guardian and at about level 10/11 i was pretty much invincible.
i mean i had a ton of health so it took the enemy's like 10 shots to kill me, and all i had to do was shoot them once, or simply stand there with my lightsabers out, and let their own blaster bolts kill them.
the same went for any enemy's using lightsabers, they could hardly damage me, and yet it only took one mabey two hits to kill them.
i played through for a bit longer, but had to stop because the game had become really lopsided.
at level 15 i warped to the last malak battle, and i killed him in 4 hits, and he was swinging his lightsaber like crazy, and only got me down to quarter health.

any cool mod idea, but you need to release an update for it.
 Shem
07-11-2007, 5:49 PM
at level 15 i warped to the last malak battle, and i killed him in 4 hits, and he was swinging his lightsaber like crazy, and only got me down to quarter health.Sounds to me that you have gave your PC some serious attribute increases. Malak wouldn't be that easy, especially since I beefed him up.
 Ninjai
10-05-2007, 10:39 PM
If your having trouble with the difficulty, just lower it and see what happens, thats all. If your still getting your but kicked, then you might want to go find some mods. I know you shouldn't have to lower or increase the difficulty all the time because it gets annoying, but what can you do?
 Darth Seraph
10-15-2007, 8:11 PM
can anyone tell me how to male the lightsabers be upgradable ???? send me a pm with the how to do !!! please !!!!
 Salzella
10-17-2007, 12:10 PM
can anyone tell me how to male the lightsabers be upgradable ???? send me a pm with the how to do !!! please !!!!
in this mod? short answer - you don't. it's in the readme ;)
 Dark Diva
11-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Is this mod compatable with Wotor? I think probably not, but figured I'd ask :)
 Q
11-15-2007, 7:20 AM
^^^
It can be, but you'll have to beef up the stats (damage, attack modifier, blaster bolt deflection) of the WotOR models to match the weapons in this mod or you'll get creamed. ;)

Sorry that I haven't commented on this mod until now, Shem. At first, I really hated what you did to the default lightsabers, but since I have WotOR and other weapon mods installed, none of my party members use the default models now anyway. :) All in all a great mod that makes the game much more interesting. :thumbsup:

I just had to tinker with it a little bit before I started appreciating it.
 Tenerezza
12-11-2007, 7:57 AM
There's a couple small things I've noticed -
1. It seems like it makes the game too easy for me, at least as long as I have my equipment. The only parts that were hard at all were the beginning, and the fight against those two mercs when you first arrive on Citadel Station and head to go get your stuff. And in that second fight, I just ran and grabbed my blaster and then came back and killed them all.
2. The editing doesn't seem entirely complete - for example, you boosted up vibroblades but seem to have forgotten vibroSWORDS, little stuff like that.

I like the mod all in all, but I think I'd like it better if EVERYTHING (Force powers, etc) was shifted upwards - I like the feel of the combat but it's also very limited as it is.
 Lordjedi
12-25-2007, 4:18 PM
really good Shem one of the best non new area mods :p
 darthriddick
12-25-2007, 6:45 PM
cool mod.

(TSL)
there were just a couple of things that annoyed me....
#1 the blasters on peragus were WAY WAY WAYYYYYYY over powered, and gave you all sorts of crazy bonuses.
#2 only a few of the blasters were redone according to what their text said they should do... (for intense the Peragus mining laser was FAR more powerful then duel wielded mandalorian rippers.)

The only other thing that really got me was how easy the game became. The second you get by those first to droids on peragus, the game offered little challenge.

and by the time i had my first force power (the one that reflects blaster shots), the game was absolutely no challenge at all. i ended up using a force pike through the entire game, and even ended up leaving any party member behind when i explored new areas, simply because i, (with my force pike), could defeat any but the most powerful boss.

HOWEVER! that is not to say i didn't have fun. it was rather enjoyable to be running towards serroco thugs with nothing but my bare fists, and the power of the force. (due to the blaster reflecting power most of the serroco thugs died before i even got to them) ^_^

all in all though a good mod.
~DR
 thegreatjoshini
09-10-2008, 11:15 AM
I have a question. When using this mod and the Ultimate Sound Mod, which order should I install the mods in? I ask because the Ultimate Sound Mod and this mod use baseitems.2da and spells.2da.
 Tratus
04-20-2009, 7:31 AM
How did you edit the crystals to do so much damage? I'm using the USM mod and love the type c lightsaber (Duku's saber) but to do uber damage I need a normal saber that you edited. Please help me :)
Page: 2 of 2