Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

R2-D2 and C-3PO

Page: 1 of 1
 TheMonsterOfTheIsland
09-02-2006, 12:41 AM
One of the things I hope that Petro changes is how the rebellion gets their tech.

R2 and C-3PO

There are so many things wrong with this. First, it sucks that one unit is responsible for the technology of an ENTIRE FACTION!

Second, it's grossly inaccurate. The rebels got their tech by updating older equipment and by utilizing whatever ships/vehicles/equipment came with the folks who defected to their side, NOT by stealing it all from the Empire.

That's what the new Zann Consortium does.

The rebellion is an underworld of sorts, but it should have a better way of getting its tech. Their own research stations, limited in that they can only research one thing at a time, suplemented by R2 and OTHER DROIDS! I mean, they must have had other droids, right? Sure R2 and C-3PO have been through a lot, but while they do have spunk, surly other droids could get some tech, right?
 wedge2211
09-02-2006, 1:32 AM
I think the Rebel's method of teching up is quite innovative, actually.
 Darth Anarch
09-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Same here. Sure, they could have done it another way, but there's nothing wrong with having the droids steal it. The main thing, I think, is to ensure that it is noticeably different from how the Empire gets their tech upgrades (research).
 TheMonsterOfTheIsland
09-02-2006, 3:01 PM
I do admit that it is very innovative. But there's gotta be a way to tweak it whether Petro does it or some rogue modder (perhaps myself?) does it.

I just think that there has to be a better way. The two sides are already distinctive; their technology upgrade methods don't have to be super different in order to distinguish the sides.

I dunno. The game seems to work well enough with the system it already has.
 Executor1608
09-02-2006, 9:59 PM
Exactly, it works good with system it already has; Therefore, it is good how it is.

That's just my opinion because I think it is innovative and quite reasonable for the rebels because as you know the underworld will be buying their tech from the blackmarket and not directly stealing it from Imps., but they will also be indirectly stealing from the rebs. too. So, I think it's fine how it is and I'm really excited actually. :D
 HerbieZ
09-05-2006, 10:44 AM
It's all about detail. People don't want a ton of management specially the creation of various units to steal various technology because it unbalences things. Just accept it.
Page: 1 of 1