Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Regarding My Fic

Page: 1 of 1
 Yaggles
08-30-2006, 8:41 AM
For those of you who don't know, I have been writing a FanFic. (It is called "Kar the Apprentice") However, even after I posted a new chapter a while ago I still don't have many responses at all to the thread, and none about my last chapter. Should I continue or is it just a nuisance? :P (Please vote!)
 The Doctor
08-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Can I tell you a secret? The people here aren't that big into fanfics. If you're holding out for the number of views and responses seen on Plight of Darkness or something, you'll be in for a disapointing shock.
 Ambrose
08-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Mate, here's my advice to you- write for yourself. You'll find your work is far better when the only person you're trying to please is you. :)
 Jae Onasi
08-30-2006, 2:20 PM
I hate to do this to you, Yaggles, but I have to close the thread. You ask a great question, but it needs to be asked in your fic thread. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!

Edit: I agree with Ambrose--write for yourself, because you enjoy making up that story. I write mine more for my amusement than anything else and because it's a distraction from Real Life. I just happen to enjoy sharing.
It sometimes takes a few chapters in before people are used to seeing it and become more comfortable posting comments.
Page: 1 of 1