Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forces of Corruption - The Legacy of Cain

Page: 1 of 1
 Master_Cain
08-29-2006, 6:25 AM
Hi there guys,

If Neo was here he will probably say something like .... "Hit me!..." Start the download now ....so I am going to post the preview later and the pictures now. It is pretty unusual to give the pictures first and the words later .... but we are an unusual site anyway. I edited some of the pictures but not all of them to make it more interesting. If you want to read what is says in the description you will have to play a little of detective and use contrast (less), gama (more), sharpening (70%) to read the info (*they are pretty raw and blur).

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=4640.0)

Cheers,
Cain
 DarthMaulUK
08-29-2006, 6:55 AM
Cool thanks for that. Ive just added 16 more screens to the Gallery! busy busy busy!

DMUK
 Darth Anarch
08-29-2006, 7:26 AM
Christmas came early this year...
 wedge2211
08-29-2006, 12:14 PM
BAHAHAHAHA....

Normally I don't go for this sort of "unofficial" stuff...but this one (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cain2/DSC00536.jpg) really cracks me up.
 Valter
08-29-2006, 6:40 PM
Those pics are great, especially the ones showing off the new space units.

The Ewok handler? Wouldn't they only be useful on Endor though?
 wedge2211
08-29-2006, 9:42 PM
Maybe the name/description of that unit change depending on what planet he's on. He could be a general "animal handler"--though he looks mostly like a Rancor handler to me!
 Valter
08-30-2006, 3:06 AM
I noticed there were 2 Capt. Piett units in one screenshot. I guess they are using him as a placeholder for another unit. Maybe Thrawn.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cain2/DSC00529.jpg)
 Orzo17
08-30-2006, 10:27 AM
cool pics........the "Zann Consortium" looks good.....but what about the new imp heroes and ships - really....just a couple of ties don't make much of a difference....aw well.....
 Valter
08-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Orzo, the Empire gets a number of new weapons. I believe the super star destroyer makes a big difference. Besides the Empire was lacking in the starfighter department anyway.

P.S. Ellipses (...) are meant to omit a phrase while allowing complete syntactical construction, not intended to constitute a pause in a statement.
 Orzo17
08-30-2006, 1:07 PM
i know about the ssd and the eclipse....but still,i've played a lot of mods and having more ships to choose from makes the game better.....like the dreadnaught or the venator....

oh and thanks for the grammar lesson....gees...loosen up a bit, eh?......
 Valter
08-30-2006, 4:25 PM
Balance is more important than surplus units to choose from. Adding ships like the Dreadnaught, Venator and God forbid the overpowered Legacy of War Super Star Destroyer screw up the game balance to the point where it is no longer fun to play the game. That's my opinion anyway.
 ZagFel
08-30-2006, 8:41 PM
P.S. Ellipses (...) are meant to omit a phrase while allowing complete syntactical construction, not intended to constitute a pause in a statement.

Check this (http://http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/ellipsis).

"2 : marks or a mark (as...) indicating an omission (as of words) or a pause" (emphasis mine).

I agree with you on the question of balance, though. More choices are only good insofar as they avoid rendering other choices obsolete. Every unit should always be somewhat useful.
 Valter
08-30-2006, 9:17 PM
Check this (http://http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/ellipsis).

"2 : marks or a mark (as...) indicating an omission (as of words) or a pause" (emphasis mine).

Really? I must admit, I did not know that part of the definition.

I agree with you on the question of balance, though. More choices are only good insofar as they avoid rendering other choices obsolete. Every unit should always be somewhat useful.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me about balance.
 Orzo17
08-31-2006, 4:21 AM
I didn't say anything of another super-weapon,all i'm saying is that it kind of botters me that The Galactic Empire should have just the acclamator(wich is an old clone wars warship),the vsd and the isd. Another super-weapon for the imps would unbalance the game,but 2 or 3 ships ,c'mon!
 lukeiamyourdad
09-01-2006, 12:07 AM
I didn't say anything of another super-weapon,all i'm saying is that it kind of botters me that The Galactic Empire should have just the acclamator(wich is an old clone wars warship),the vsd and the isd. Another super-weapon for the imps would unbalance the game,but 2 or 3 ships ,c'mon!

2 or 3 more ships can render the others obsolete or underused. One of the beauty of a game like StarCraft (as an example) is how every single unit has a use during the whole game, either it be a tier 1 unit or a more advanced one.
Even worse, it might indeed unbalance the game since those extra ships have to be balanced.

Getting a decent variety is important, but too much is too much. You can have AoE3 with too few unit types or another game which has too many like American Conquest (musketeers were cheaper then fusiliers, but seriously, save up and get the better units). You need a balance between both, this middle point where there's enough variety and where every ship has a use from beginning to start.
 Orzo17
09-01-2006, 6:04 AM
hmm...i gues you're wright(those examples convinced me),but still,doesn't it seem awkward that one off the greatest forces that ever ruled the galaxy to be so "military limited"?

if i'm going off-topic i'll stop
 Valter
09-01-2006, 2:14 PM
I wouldn't say the Empire had a limited military, rather a specialized military. Fleet commanders would never use Venators and V-wings just because they look cool or they would add diversity, but rather if they were remotely useful.
 Orzo17
09-02-2006, 10:41 AM
it's a huge galaxy, on remote planets don't you think the empire had some old ships like the venator?

i used the term "limited military" because so it appears(from my point of view) in the game.But don't get me wrong,i'm a big eaw fan,i really like the game, it was just an opinion on what i would have liked the game to be(more ships) and what i would like FoC to bring up.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-02-2006, 11:29 PM
it's a huge galaxy, on remote planets don't you think the empire had some old ships like the venator?

If there was, those ships wouldn't make for a big portion of their military. At most, they'd use a handful of older ships in remote sectors.
You'd be able to build a handful of those ships. Considering they're not stronger then their newer replacements, it would be quite a waste of time to include them.
Maybe have more ships for sandbox purposes in a scenario editor...other then that, coding them to exist into the "main" game would be a waste of time.
 PoiuyWired
09-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Well, there is no harm including more units in the game.

As long as the AI keeps its focus on traditional units everything will be fine.

In a way the wide selection of units would allow players to do some more "what if" secnes, like attaching Hoth Base with no ATATs or guarding Endor with loads of Darktroopers...

It is "what ifs" like these that make the game fun.
 Orzo17
09-08-2006, 4:44 AM
my point exactly
Page: 1 of 1