Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will they...

Page: 1 of 1
 SRF_Vader
08-26-2006, 9:46 PM
...Will the developers be remaking all of the old non-skirmish maps? You know the planetary maps, as i cant imagine invading a planet with a small space map having a SSD, wouldnt it be too big for that map? I mean, one of the things i hate about EaW (I do love the game though) is that the maps are sooo small, and i think it'd be nice if all the old maps were redone to be bigger. And dont they also have to be remade to accomodate the custome base placement? Or are all the new features just limited to the newer planets/maps.
 wedge2211
08-26-2006, 11:29 PM
I think they are reworking the maps.
 Valter
08-27-2006, 1:36 AM
I remember reading one article that said the developers are making the maps 60-70% bigger and are updating old ones. I'll try to find the article and post a link for it.

Here it is : http://pc.ign.com/articles/718/718338p2.html)

Scroll down to the third paragragh.
 Darth Anarch
08-27-2006, 6:03 AM
And I hope they're also adding the new terrain features, such as areas that are only passable by infantry. That, combined with larger maps, base placement and troop transports should do wonders for enhancing ground combat, which so far has been the weakest part of the game.
 Valter
08-27-2006, 3:36 PM
I agree, but I still enjoyed the ground combat in Empire at War. Petroglyph just needs to add a little more unpredictability to ground combat, that's all.
 Darth Anarch
08-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Sure, it wasn't horrible or anything. It was just the weakest part of an otherwise great game, that's all.
Page: 1 of 1