Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LucasArts Joins Forces with Free Radical Design to Create New

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
08-23-2006, 1:13 PM
LucasArts Joins Forces with Free Radical Design to Create New
Next-Generation Entertainment Experience

LucasArts furthers its commitment to creating unprecedented next-generation gameplay by teaming with the lauded UK-based developer

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – August 23, 2006 – LucasArts today announced an agreement with Free Radical Design to develop a new video game for next-generation console platforms. Product and release details will be unveiled at a later date.

“Free Radical has always been about titles with great gameplay and innovative design,” said Peter Hirschmann, Vice President of Product Development at LucasArts. “In the battle for videogame quality, these guys are at the front of the line. This team’s pedigree is one of the best in the business.”

“In recent years, LucasArts has established itself as one of the hottest publishers on the planet,” said Steve Ellis, Director at Free Radical, “We’re honored that they’re every bit as interested to be working with us as we are to be working with them.”
 Davinq
08-23-2006, 4:46 PM
Well that's good news, no more sub-par games anymore by the sounds of it. (Anyone remember Galactic Battlegrounds?)
 Darth Moeller
08-23-2006, 8:09 PM
I wonder if it will be a star wars game or an original title?
 ChAiNz.2da
08-24-2006, 10:53 AM
As long as it's not some lame Roller-Coaster game :xp: hehehe...

http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/110.html)
 RedHawke
08-25-2006, 4:42 AM
^^^^
I agree... I mean roller coasters? :lol:
 Char Ell
09-10-2006, 2:30 PM
I wonder if it will be a star wars game or an original title? There are some rumors that Free Radical will be making a Mercenaries sequel. Of course that is only so much speculation. My guess is that this won't be a Star Wars game though.
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-10-2006, 7:56 PM
Hmm....we'll wait and see. Though, I think it will probably be an original title.
 Daft Adidas
12-09-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm sure somewhere i read on Ign that is was a Star Wars game but that's not defininte
 Char Ell
12-11-2006, 8:49 AM
On Sept. 29 computerandvideogames.com (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=146932&skip=yes) reported Free Radical is making the next installment in the Battlefront series. Of course they didn't name their sources and Free Radical director Steve Ellis said he could not comment on the partnership between Free Radical and LucasArts. Without any official word on the subject I think it's adviseable to take a "wait-and-see" attitude on this.
Page: 1 of 1