Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Similar games

Page: 1 of 1
 Hobox
08-19-2006, 9:40 AM
I absolutly loved both kotor1 and 2.

Are there any similar games out there you can recommend? :ears1:
 chubbslegend
08-19-2006, 9:44 AM
Try Jade Empire, its not exactly like KoTOR, but the makers of KoTOR 1 made it and the combat and storyline are bother excellent.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Moving this thread to AHTO since it isn't really KotOR III related ;)

However, below is an old thread, but the topic is similar (if not the same). Check it out as there are alot of good suggestions in it :)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165011)

Welcome to the Forums! :waive1:
 Sabretooth
08-19-2006, 11:54 PM
If you're looking for good RPG games, there aren't many nowadays.

Neverwinter Nights is good, or I've heard. It was made by Bioware, makers of KotOR I. It's a little old, but check around to see if its worth it.

Fable and Jade Empire are reputedly good Microsoft games for the XBox and recently, the PC. JE is set in Martial Arts domain, while Fable is clear-off fantasy - like a cross between the Sims and LotR.

Oblivion, the latest Elder Scrolls is become more and more popular as an excellent RPG. Give it a go, though I hear it has steep system requirements and plays like an FPS. Since it has no multiplayer, I recommend you to stay low and buy after a few years, if your system's a little slow.
 stoffe
08-20-2006, 6:46 AM
Oblivion, the latest Elder Scrolls is become more and more popular as an excellent RPG. Give it a go, though I hear it has steep system requirements and plays like an FPS.

You can choose between First Person and Third Person view in Oblivion, though I prefer playing in third person except when shooting a bow. First Person feels like playing with blinkers on in Oblivion for some reason. :)

Oblivion requires a fairly new computer and GPU to play decently. I've got a couple of years old Radeon 9800 PRO and AMD Athlon XP 2600+ and it can just barely handle it.

Speaking of other "FPS-like" RPGs, Deus Ex and Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines have probably been mentioned many times before, but are worth mentioning again since they are both very good RPGs. They are set in the present (Bloodlines) and near-future (Deus Ex) on Earth though so the feel is a bit different from the KotOR games. But like KotOR they are both mainly storydriven with the occasional side quest. Deus Ex is strictly a first person view game, though in bloodlines you can choose perspective as well (and I prefer third person view there too). :)
 Hobox
08-20-2006, 2:11 PM
Didn't really like the Baldurs Gate series as you emerge yourself in a world that kind of feels like its revolving around what you see on the screen. I like the StarWars and Tolkien Concept with stuff going on around you no matter what you do. So basicly I want another Star Wars or Middle Earth game with the same moviestyle story feeling.
 Emperor Devon
08-20-2006, 2:39 PM
Well, there aren't any that I know of. Again, I would recommend NWN and Jade Empire. Both of those games can compare with KotOR. And if you have an Xbox 360, there's Mass Effect to look forward to. I think it's coming out in the winter. And lastly, NWN 2. That's coming out in September... I can barely wait for that fabulous-looking new toolset!
 JediKnight707
08-21-2006, 5:06 PM
Yeah, I got Oblivion and it's fun, but my system can barely handle it. I have to put everything on very low, or turn off, and it still lags for a few seconds every once in awhile when I'm outdoors. But, then again, my monitor is like a bagillion years old. I can only play it in 1st person, the third looks to fake.
Now, for more RPG play, try NWN.
 Hobox
08-22-2006, 7:09 AM
Tried Oblivion but had to return it. I only have a laptop and Oblivion wouldn't work at all on it.

Games that are more then 1 year old are better as they tend to work on the higher settings on the laptop. I'm going to try NWN and see if it does it for me :Oneeye:
 Alegis
08-22-2006, 8:56 AM
Fable was somewhat short, but I loved it. I recommend it

Oblivion was good too, had better storyline and certainly was more RPG than Fable but didn't enjoy it as much.
 Fiestainabox
08-22-2006, 9:06 AM
If intensely cheap, or have a crappy computer, there's always morrowind, the 3 elder scrolls game. Its a great game, and really addicting.
Page: 1 of 1