Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTORepublic Commando

Page: 1 of 1
 generalvaklu321
08-18-2006, 11:32 PM
What? Everybody has already thought of it as a cool idea. You can just put a cool suit on a human and the engine will work the same. Just have it during the Jedi Civil War, or, if you want it earlier, during the Mandolorian Wars. That would fun.
 MachineCult
08-19-2006, 6:32 AM
What are you babbling about?
 generalvaklu321
08-19-2006, 11:06 AM
What are you babbling about?

Babbling, I only wrote a short paragraph about how it would be plausible. I wasn't saying that it would be, amazing, I just said that would be a okay idea for a new Republic Commando someday. Both KOTOR and Republic Commando have large amounts of marketing value.
 milo
08-19-2006, 9:20 PM
Babbling, I only wrote a short paragraph about how it would be plausible.

A short paragraph consisting of babble-speak.

Tell us some more about your idea for Kotor/RC. You can't just put it in the title and assume we'll know what it means.
 generalvaklu321
08-19-2006, 10:36 PM
come on, I just threw the idea out there for everybody, not just me, to talk about. But here we go. I'm thinking the exact same same concept of the origional RC, but apply that to KOTOR. You are an elite squad of specialy trained soldiers sent out on missions to attack and/or sabatoge the Sith. Here's a level, you are dropped behind Sith lines and you have to sabatoge a fuel depot to prevent them from refueling and allowing the Republic to push them back. It's not origional, but it's an idea.

I didn't think i was babbling... maybe my first post was tooo open ended.
 TSR
08-22-2006, 8:01 AM
i get what you mean. It could be quite cool. So you mean Rc with the same gameplay engine as KOTOR? i.e 3rd person, customoisable party members etc etc?
 Halo_92
08-22-2006, 12:26 PM
iguess it COULD be cool
 TK-8252
08-22-2006, 5:36 PM
Sounds like the worst idea ever that doesn't even make sense.

Have Clone Commandos fighting... in the Jedi Civil War? Or the Mandalorian War?

Isn't that like a whole different time period?!
 MachineCult
08-22-2006, 7:06 PM
I think it's safe to say, vaklu fails.
 Niner_777
08-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Well, it might be cool if.... Maybe just... If there, you could,...

No, I don't see that working.

Unless....

No.

Actually, what I thought s/he meant was an RC style FPS during the Mandolorian wars. It's be basically the same as RC only you'd have a different squad, different weapons, and different mission. ?
 Ben_Walker
08-25-2006, 8:36 PM
I think the idea was to have an FPS set during those KOTOR wars, playing what the Republic or Mandalorians would have for elite commandos back then.

I think it'd only amount to an MP total conversation for RC, turn Clones into Mandalorians, turn Trandos into Republic, ect. But I doubt it'd make a full game, or a good one if it did.
 generalvaklu321
08-26-2006, 3:37 AM
Sounds like the worst idea ever that doesn't even make sense.

Have Clone Commandos fighting... in the Jedi Civil War? Or the Mandalorian War?

Isn't that like a whole different time period?!

What, that's completely off. What thread are you reading, read my posts, not clone commandos, people commandos.
 generalvaklu321
08-26-2006, 3:39 AM
I think it's safe to say, vaklu fails.

now I know how cynical everybody is. also @MachineCult, what did I fail? Seriously, what did I fail. I really had no clear agenda.

I think It's safe to say, MachineCult is a douchebag
 TK-8252
08-26-2006, 3:46 AM
What, that's completely off. What thread are you reading, read my posts, not clone commandos, people commandos.

Perhaps you need to be more specific in your post. Considering that this is the Republic Commando forum that is specifically for game-related discussion (as in not unrelated topics), and the title of your thread is "KOTORepublic Commando," the only conclusion that I can draw is that you indeed are suggesting to have Clone Commandos in a time period that they didn't even exist in.

And you say everyone here is cynical. Well, you should fit right in then, judging by the last statement in your latest post. :)
 Ben_Walker
08-26-2006, 3:54 AM
Vaklu, if there's really no basis RC in this idea of yours, this really would be better suited for the KOTOR forum.
 MachineCult
08-26-2006, 7:04 AM
now I know how cynical everybody is. also @MachineCult, what did I fail? Seriously, what did I fail. I really had no clear agenda.

I think It's safe to say, MachineCult is a douchebag
You complete n00b. You failed to explain your idea properly, and when you finally managed to, it turned out that it was in the wrong f**kng forum.
And douchebag? You child.
 milo
08-26-2006, 10:34 AM
come on, I just threw the idea out there for everybody, not just me, to talk about. But here we go. I'm thinking the exact same same concept of the origional RC, but apply that to KOTOR. You are an elite squad of specialy trained soldiers sent out on missions to attack and/or sabatoge the Sith. Here's a level, you are dropped behind Sith lines and you have to sabatoge a fuel depot to prevent them from refueling and allowing the Republic to push them back. It's not origional, but it's an idea.

I didn't think i was babbling... maybe my first post was tooo open ended.
Okay, I think I understand what you mean now. You want to play a game similar to RC, where you control a squad of soldiers, but you want to play in the Kotor era, against the sith?
 generalvaklu321
08-26-2006, 1:48 PM
Okay, I think I understand what you mean now. You want to play a game similar to RC, where you control a squad of soldiers, but you want to play in the Kotor era, against the sith?
Precisely, that's the idea i was going for
 generalvaklu321
08-26-2006, 1:59 PM
Okay, I'll concide. You guys are right, this is better suited for the KOTOR forums. Also, MachineCult, I am a child, I'm only 15. And everbodys says douchebag too. And you know what, I am a noob, did you see my join date, it was this month! And TK-8252, I am cynical, I was just pointing out that many people were here too. Sorry for wasting your time (and dont call me drama queen)

Dont worry, I dont plan on starting anymore threads in the RC forums anytime soon
 Niner_777
08-26-2006, 7:16 PM
I get what your saying, and it is a cool idea. Though, I'm not sure if it would work.

And don't be discouraged, just don't call people douchebags. MachineCult just has a little bit of a temper problem too, sometimes.

*winces for MC's wrath*
 MachineCult
08-26-2006, 7:57 PM
*winces for MC's wrath*
*Piles upon Niner* If my chest had been a cannon, I would have shot my heart upon it.
And don't be discouraged, just don't call people douchebags. MachineCult just has a little bit of a temper problem too, sometimes.
I can't help it, n00bs just really piss me off, with their bad grammar and lack of punctuation. scum.
 Halo_92
08-26-2006, 8:21 PM
Umm M.C., you forgot to capitalize scum. [JK]
 milo
08-26-2006, 8:23 PM
I can't help it, n00bs just really piss me off, with their bad grammar and lack of punctuation. scum.
heh heh...you seem like the kind of person who would use your mod powers to embarrass and demoralize noobs if you ever were promoted. :p
 generalvaklu321
08-26-2006, 9:03 PM
I didn't realize bad grammer makes people noobs. I'll remember to type in complete sentences next time. I thought stupidity made me a noob.
 Halo_92
08-26-2006, 9:10 PM
Yea, It does. I was like you when i was A n00b.
 milo
08-26-2006, 9:33 PM
Yea, It does. I was like you when i was A n00b.
You're still a noob. :rolleyes: Hell, I'm still a bit of a noob.
 generalvaklu321
08-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I know I'm a noob, but I dont take it as personal as other people. For me, Star Wars is number 2 in my life (#1 is classical guitar)

Also, what is the offical period of time when you aren't considered a noob?
 milo
08-26-2006, 11:46 PM
I know I'm a noob, but I dont take it as personal as other people. For me, Star Wars is number 2 in my life (#1 is classical guitar)

Also, what is the offical period of time when you aren't considered a noob?
It kind of varies, but I'd say about 6 months or so.
 MachineCult
08-27-2006, 6:58 AM
Theres a lad called jawathehutt on the SWBF boards whos been here longer than me and he's a n00b.
 generalvaklu321
08-27-2006, 12:12 PM
I remember that guy, I'm going to read to posts to see if that's true. Also MachineCult, sorry about the message.
 Niner_777
08-28-2006, 8:51 AM
Okay, we're good now. Right?
 RC-1140
08-28-2006, 1:22 PM
i get it a RC game just with no clones, differant people, weapons, ect. i think it's a cool idea. does anyone know who the mandos were fighting
 TSR
08-28-2006, 1:29 PM
Ok, i havnt been on for a while and i cant be arsed to find a place to put this, but does halo92 realise how..."n00bish" it is to quote yourself in your signature. jeez, standards are falling.
 MachineCult
08-28-2006, 1:35 PM
Ok, i havnt been on for a while and i cant be arsed to find a place to put this, but does halo92 realise how..."n00bish" it is to quote yourself in your signature. jeez, standards are falling.
Lmao, true.
 milo
08-28-2006, 7:10 PM
kekeke....it's kind of the "cool" thing all the 13 year olds do over in the psychonauts forums (which, I wouldn't suggest visiting atm). What I'm wondering though is if he actually ever said that. :p
 generalvaklu321
08-28-2006, 7:53 PM
Okay, we're good now. Right?

I think we can agree that although not a horrible idea, it's not a sucessful idea.

Ok, i havnt been on for a while and i cant be arsed to find a place to put this, but does halo92 realise how..."n00bish" it is to quote yourself in your signature. jeez, standards are falling

haha, I'm glad with my signature. Because Jack Thompson wants to "eat your souls and crap you hearts" seriously, he's evil
 Halo_92
08-28-2006, 8:04 PM
Fine i'll change it

kekeke....it's kind of the "cool" thing all the 13 year olds do over in the psychonauts forums (which, I wouldn't suggest visiting atm). What I'm wondering though is if he actually ever said that.

Yeah its clearing up quite a bit, then again it could be getting worse sub-conciously.

For a coupla days it was "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!"
 H4ku
11-06-2006, 10:02 PM
"Imperial Commando" would be quite better idea. Though Republic Commandos have better suits. (If you played "Rebellion" you know how Imperial Commandos look like)
 Halo_92
11-07-2006, 12:42 AM
or you could go to the SW databank.
 MachineCult
11-07-2006, 4:40 AM
Cool sig, Halo_92, it looks much better.
 Halo_92
11-07-2006, 12:47 PM
thx, Killzone is the BEST game ever.
Page: 1 of 1