Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mercenary Crew 3: Sepritist Scum!(Recruitment & OCC)

Page: 1 of 2
 starmark2k
08-16-2006, 2:37 PM
Ok here is another attempt at one of my mercenary crew threads, same deal as the last two you're character will work as a team with the other RPers and take one of the crew positions. The last time around the crews were good guys this time they will be the nasty men and women to travel hyperspace.

this one will be based in the clone was and your characters have been hired by Count Dooku himself to handle the jobs Droids can't.
The Galaxy is at war as the Clone soldiers of the Republic fight the Confederate Battle Droids. The Carnage and it's crew have been hired by non other than the sepritist leader Count Dooku. The Ship will do what ever it takes to aid the sepritist army aginst in its fight against the weakening republic... For a Price. Unfortunitley for the crew one of Dooku's Dark jedi apprentices has been assigned to aid and oversee the crew.

The first mission tyranus has sent them on is to find the location of a secret Republic listening post in the outer rim.

The Carnage is a one of a kind Gunship that was specially made for the Mercenaries and given to the crew as a gift from there new employer, Dooku. The Ship has Four heavy Turrets and twin Ion-cannons placed on the front along with a concussion missile launcher. The ship only has a single level. The bridge is small with only two seats for the pilot and captain, The turrets ane loated on the four corners of the ship with store rooms quarters and medical bays located down the central corridor that runs through the ship. The air-lock is at the rear of the ship next to the main engine room.
Engineer- Richard Logan
Medic- Trando 'Doctor Death' Shan
Turret Gunner 1- Seth Khan
Turret Gunner 2- Jack 'Hunter' Carter
Turret Gunner 3 - Shadow Gravemind
Dark Jedi- K'Nala Eco

Position:
Name:
Nickname:
Species:
Sex:
Appearance:
Weapons/Equipment:
Bio:
How you were recruited:
No char controling
Thread master controls all 'plot sensitive' Npcs
 chubbslegend
08-16-2006, 2:48 PM
Position: Turret Gunner 1

Name: Seth Khan

Nickname: None

Species: Zabrak

Sex: Male

Allignment: Not sure about this

Appearance: Average sized with horns that resemble those of his tribe

Weapons/Equipment: Custom made zabrak heavy armor, DLT-19 heavy blaster, Thermal Detonator, Laser Knife, Wrist Rocket and Zabrak Modified Blaster

Bio: Seth was born on the planet Iridonia, although he respected his people and his planet he always strived for more. His chance came when at a young age he became a stowaway on a smugglers ship. Shortly after he was caught by the owners of the ship. Instead of selling him they decided to use him for their own benefit, training him and making him, what somepeople call the muscle of the their smuggling team. But once again he began to strive for more so he packed up and headed for Coruscant where he had a breif spell as a bounty hunter. After many successful bounties he opted for a career change and became a Merc, which he decided best suited him.

How you were recruited: Seth became famous around the galaxy after his encounter with a large group of pirates. As his ship was drifting through space he was captured by a crew of, what some say 25 or more rough pirates. His performance after that earned him his reputation, he shut down the power on the ship causing the lights to go out and the engines to fail, from then on he made his way around the pirate ship and killed every single one of his opponents....leaving without a scratch. He became one of the top mercs in the galaxy, which is why he was chosen by Count Dooku.
 JasraLantill
08-16-2006, 3:02 PM
((Even though you say you're not playing the captain this time, StarMark (though I really hope you do) I just couldn't pass this up. :) But still hope we're continuing with the other MC thread. (?) ))

Position: Pilot
Name: Reisa Tarn
Nickname: Raze (short for Razor)
Species: Human/Falleen (but appears outwardly human)
Sex:Female
Age:29 (at least that's what she tells people if they ask)
Allignment: Neutral-ish (She's always in it for the money.)
Appearance:Average human female height, slim build, long dark hair (but always worn in multiple thin braids) http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/JasraLantill/86fad040.jpg)
Prefers tight fitting cropped leather tanktop and leather pants (Krayt Dragon hide). Raze's father being Falleen, she has the ability to change her skin pigmentation from her normal pale cream to other colours, and the ability to secrete pheromones that can make her irresistible to the opposite sex. (Quite handy for getting what she wants, when she wants.) She also has an increased lung capacity than the average human.

Weapons/Equipment: 2 modified carbine duelling blasters, and a discreet razor sharp boot knife.

Bio:Estranged by her father’s people, and with her mother now dead, Raze took a job with a Corellian transport company as a security/turret gunner, but discovered (by accident--long story, she'll tell you later) that she had a natural talent in piloting ships. She's not as experienced as some pilots, but she's a quick learner and willing to take risks.

How you were recruited: The ship she was on was hijacked by Separatist forces. Her callous attitude towards her employer (and the fact that she nearly evaded capture in the first place) earned her notice by Count Dooku and he offered her a more 'lucrative' position.
 steven
08-16-2006, 3:04 PM
Position:Engineer
Name:Richard Logan
Nickname:None
Species:Human
Sex:Male
Allignment:Neutral (Like Reisa, he's only in it for the money)
Appearance:-http://www.ki-master.com/xfiles/f02b.gif)
Weapons/Equipment: Plasma torch + Battle Droid Blaster
Bio:
How you were recruited:

I'm still thinking of ideas. I'll continue this later or tomorrow.
 Diego Varen
08-16-2006, 3:20 PM
Position: Medic
Name: Trando Shan
Nickname: Doctor Death
Species: Trandoshan
Alignment: 25% Dark
Appearance: Tall, thin reptilian with green with a tint of grey scared skin
Weapons/Equipment: Two Vibroblades, Blaster Rifle, Droid Stunner, Thermal Detonators

Bio: On the Trandoshan homeworld, a young Trandoshan (With the strange name of Trando Shan) was a spoilt rich child who had a father who was a doctor. His mother had been brutally murdered, after Trando was born, so Trando always learnt everything from his father.

After many years, Trando learnt how to become a doctor and he wanted to take over the Medical Centre. His father wouldn’t let him, so Trando killed him in his sleep. Soon, the Trandoshans found out and exiled him from the Planet, telling him that he was Doctor Death. This made Trando an unpredictable doctor. He would either heal or kill his patients, depending on how much he liked or despised them.

Trando stole a small ship and left. Soon he joined a Mercenary Camp and that was where he received his first job. Heal Count Dooku. When Dooku gave Trando a job, Dooku sensed the Force within him. He asked if he wanted to be trained as a Sith, but Trando refused, but his power to the Force has increased and it can be called upon whenever necessary.

How you were recruited: After Count Dooku returned to his secret base with his master, Darth Sidious, both Sith found out he had been injured in a battle, with the Jedi Master, Yoda. Sidious knew an old friend from the Trandoshan homeworld and he called him. He soon arrived and healed Dooku to full strength. Dooku then offered him a place with the Separatists, he accepted.
 starmark2k
08-16-2006, 4:12 PM
((Ok i'll take the Dark Jedi, but we need a captain so if no one else comes along i'll take him aswell and do a merge of characters...))

Position: Dark Jedi
Name: K'Nala Eko
Nickname: N/A
Species: Human
Sex: Female
Allignment: Dark
Appearance:Clicky (http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/images/Domino-keira-knightley.jpg)

Weapons/Equipment: Red Sabre Staff (AKA Double Bladed Lightsabre)

Bio: K'Nala Seemed to be destined to become a great jedi when she was discoved to be strong with the force at infancy. She trained under the Jedi Knight Roa Cleg and was found to have great skill with all forms of sabre combat including the sabre-staff. However she had problems controling her emotions and Killed her master in a fit of Rage. Count Dooku found I'Nala and trained her in the dark arts.

How you were recruited: With her training complete she, has been assigned to keep the mercenaries in line and make sure they follo Her master's orders.
 JasraLantill
08-16-2006, 4:34 PM
StarMark, I don't mind having my pilot Raze be 'acting captain' if you don't get any takers on a captain. (Who knows? Maybe the captain got killed by Dooku for spitting on his lightsaber or something.)
 Jason Skywalker
08-16-2006, 4:35 PM
Well, i'm going to try Captain. Can i be Captain and also a gunner?

Position: Captain/Gunner (if possible)
Name: Vanir Dres
Nickname: The Raven
Allignment: Neutral
Appearance: Slightly more muscular than average humans, blue with a stint of black-coloured hair (like my avvy), black jacket with a white shirt and black pants, brown shoes.
Weapons/Equipment: Long Vibrosword (longer than the average), Dual Blaster Pistols, Thermal Detonators.
Bio: As a young child, Vanir always dreamed to be a Jedi. But then, the Sith blasted his homeworld and he thought it was the Jedi, so he quit on it. He soon became a known smuggler and hired assassin. After a failed assassination attempt, he stoppe being an assassin and eventually joined the Sith in revenge to the Republic for not helping his home-planet.

How you were recruited: Tyrannus saw that Vanir was a great assassin and smuggler, when he reached him, there was no answer for Vanir to say but "yes".
 starmark2k
08-16-2006, 4:44 PM
There are four guns and three gunners the forth gun is on captains discretion, basically you order who mans it. But in the event we only get one more gunner then it'll be fine for you to be both positions.
 Jason Skywalker
08-16-2006, 4:51 PM
Alright then, thanks.
 JasraLantill
08-16-2006, 6:07 PM
Oh, yay! We've got a captain! Now my character doesn't have to be anything but a pilot. :)
 chubbslegend
08-16-2006, 7:37 PM
Cool all we need is two more gunners!!
 Jason Skywalker
08-16-2006, 7:41 PM
One actually, just one more gunner and i'll be the remaining one. :)
 chubbslegend
08-16-2006, 7:43 PM
Okay cool
 JasraLantill
08-16-2006, 7:56 PM
Well, we could always pick up another gunner on our way, if someone decides to join up later.
 TheExile_Hunter
08-17-2006, 3:00 AM
*Volunteers*

Position: Turret Gunner 2
Name: Jack Carter
Nickname: Hunter
Allignment: neutral
Appearance: 1.74 m tall, short dark brown hair, green eyes and usually wears black light armor.
Weapons/equipment: -Custom stealth field generator, modified blaster rifle(sniper), dual vibrodaggers, custom made vibrokatana and a modified clone assassin gear ( the imagination :rolleyes: )
Bio: Jack used to be an assassin for the republic. During his time of service, he gained a well earned reputation and the nickname "Hunter" due to his track and kill records. At one point, Jack refused to kill an unarmed target in her sleep. He did not state an explanation in his resignation and he hasn't told anyone about that contract. Trying to put the past behind him, Jack started out as a mercenary for hire. Not much else is known about Jack and he still refuses to tell anyone about his past.
Recruited: Two years after Hunter resigned as an assassin, he ran into a seperatist leader who was recruiting mercenaries for count dooku. The seperatist leader learned about Jack's former field of work and brought him to count Dooku who hired him personally.
 chubbslegend
08-17-2006, 7:54 AM
Yay we have everyone now!!
 JasraLantill
08-17-2006, 8:24 AM
Yay! Looks like we have enough to start. There is still one more gunner position available, and it would be nice to have one more character, but like I said, we could always pick one up in the story.
 Diego Varen
08-17-2006, 8:29 AM
Yay! Looks like we have enough to start. There is still one more gunner position available, and it would be nice to have one more character, but like I said, we could always pick one up in the story.

Yeah and I'm glad I'm not doing the Captain either. In my Ebon Hawk Crew Thread, I was always the Captain and I'm glad that Jason has this chance. Now all we have to do is wait for StarMark to make the final Thread.

Sepritist is spelt Separatist, just to let you all know.
 Rexraptor2000
08-17-2006, 8:53 AM
Position: Turret Gunner 3
Name: Shadow Gravemind
Nickname: None
Alignment: Neutral
Appearance: 7 ft. tall, medium build, green eyes, black hair with silver streaks, and wears a cloak with armor beneath it.
Weapons/Equipment: Projectile Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Sniper Rifle, Double Bladed Vibrosword, two Vibrodaggers, modified Stealth Generator, a Rocket Launcher, prototype Rechargeable shield, Modified Breath Mask, Mines, and Plasma Grenades.

Bio: Refuses to talk about his past, but now he's just a person out to make a living, mostly by killing. He's often hired as muscle to help an assassin in case something goes wrong, but occasionally he's hired to do the dirty work of an assassin. It's not often though, because with his armament, he's more of a walking army than an assassin. For a person with as much combat experience as him, he does a lot of thinking. And he often questions things that are best left unsaid, only his weapons keeping him alive after he asked. Though most people distaste projectile weapons, blaster bolts just move too slowly for Shadow. So, he got projectile weapons, which work excellently against living targets and break the speed of sound, and loved them. His only complaint is that they leave a large mess.

How you were recruited: He had worked for Count Dooku before in sabotaging Senators quarters and such, and Dooku thought it would be best if he went with the crew incase they ran into some heavy trouble that they couldn’t use the ship to destroy.
 TheExile_Hunter
08-17-2006, 9:09 AM

Seems like we don't have to wait for that anymore since Rexraptor2k just joined in. :)
 Jason Skywalker
08-17-2006, 9:12 AM
Also, if i screw up as a Captain, it's your fault for being so whiny. :lol:
 Diego Varen
08-17-2006, 9:13 AM
Also, if i screw up as a Captain, it's your fault for being so whiny. :lol:

If you do fail as Captain, Jasra will probably take over.
 Rexraptor2000
08-17-2006, 9:19 AM
If you do fail as Captain, Jasra will probably take over.

He'll do fine... As long as he doesn't make the Dark Jedi mad. :)
 TheExile_Hunter
08-17-2006, 9:27 AM
He'll do fine... As long as he doesn't make the Dark Jedi mad.

Hmm maybe I should add this then:

Jack Carter
Bio- Has the tendancy to seriously annoy his superiors to death..... :giggle1:

-Now... let's get this party started
 Rexraptor2000
08-17-2006, 9:34 AM
There's a captain, but who's the First Mate?
 Jason Skywalker
08-17-2006, 9:37 AM
Yeah, i didn't thought of that. Maybe the Dark Jedi, i guess.
 JasraLantill
08-17-2006, 9:38 AM
Just a guess, but that would probably be the Dark Jedi, Rexraptor.
 TheExile_Hunter
08-17-2006, 9:41 AM
There's a captain, but who's the First Mate?

Maybe someone else is interested in joining as a First Mate.
 starmark2k
08-17-2006, 12:45 PM
K i'll get started in minute and thanks pottsie for the spell check, Iknew it was wrong after i posted it but couldn't be asked to check it out.

And the first mate is generally the pilot, Mechanic or TG 1, so firsyt of those to volunteer gets it. The Jedi is just their to aid and ensure they don't try to double cross the Separatist (got it right this time).

So you know i'll control plot sensitive characters (ie Dooku). But that doesn't mean you don't get any, so if you want to get into a fight with some thug you can.

RP Link: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169284)
 JasraLantill
08-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Ok, since I'm the pilot, I'll volunteer as First Mate.
 TheExile_Hunter
08-17-2006, 1:09 PM
Maybe either the first mate or the captain should greet the dark jedi in front of the ship and then take her into The Carnage giving a tour of the ship and introducing the crew.

Just an idea...
 JasraLantill
08-17-2006, 1:24 PM
Sorry. Just posted before I read this. But, I did give the captain an opportunity to go and meet the DJ as she boards.
 TheExile_Hunter
08-18-2006, 7:28 AM
((Ok i'll take the Dark Jedi, but we need a captain so if no one else comes along i'll take him aswell and do a merge of characters...))

Position: Dark Jedi
Name: I'Nala Eko
Nickname: N/A
Sex: Female
Allignment: Dark
Appearance:Clicky (http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/images/Domino-keira-knightley.jpg)

Weapons/Equipment: Red Sabre Staff (AKA Double Bladed Lightsabre)

Bio: I'Nala Seemed to be destined to become a great jedi when she was discoved to be strong with the force at infancy. She trained under the Jedi Knight Roa Cleg and was found to have great skill with all forms of sabre combat including the sabre-staff. However she had problems controling her emotions and Killed her master in a fit of Rage. Count Dooku found I'Nala and trained her in the dark arts.

How you were recruited: With her training complete she, has been assigned to keep the mercenaries in line and make sure they follo Her master's orders.

Ehm, just a minor detail, but you started calling her K'Nala in the story instead of I'Nala.
 starmark2k
08-18-2006, 7:34 AM
I did the Char sheet wrong it's K'Nala... Sorry
 TheExile_Hunter
08-18-2006, 7:54 AM
Was just making sure ...
 Rexraptor2000
08-18-2006, 12:30 PM
My character already left the coversation, chubbslegend.
 chubbslegend
08-18-2006, 3:15 PM
Yeah, ill edit the post. I was out of the rp for a while and i was rushing through all the posts. Ill fix it now
 JasraLantill
08-18-2006, 3:48 PM
Not that it matters now (as it's too late to fix) but the bridge seems to be gettin a bit crowded! Remember, according to StarMark's opening description of the Carnage, there are only two chairs on the bridge--one for the pilot and the other for the captain (or whoever else would be sitting in them). Standing in the corridor off the bridge would be alright, but that could get quite crowded at well. I mean, it's a hallway. It's not that wide. (Especially with all of these big, burly mercenary-types we have on board. ;))

I would assume there is some sort of common room further back next to the crew quarters and the like, and would suggest that after we get underway, that any face-to-face group conversations should probably occur there.

There is, however, no problem with conversing through the communciations systems (comlinks and the like), so, for example, someone in one of the turrets could still talk with someone in med bay or the bridge via the com.
 TheExile_Hunter
08-18-2006, 4:05 PM
Not that it matters now (as it's too late to fix) but the bridge seems to be gettin a bit crowded! Remember, according to StarMark's opening description of the Carnage, there are only two chairs on the bridge--one for the pilot and the other for the captain (or whoever else would be sitting in them). Standing in the corridor off the bridge would be alright, but that could get quite crowded at well. I mean, it's a hallway. It's not that wide. (Especially with all of these big, burly mercenary-types we have on board. ;))

I would assume there is some sort of common room further back next to the crew quarters and the like, and would suggest that after we get underway, that any face-to-face group conversations should probably occur there.

There is, however, no problem with conversing through the communciations systems (comlinks and the like), so, for example, someone in one of the turrets could still talk with someone in med bay or the bridge via the com.

I wanted to suggest that someone could make a blue print of the ship before but I didn't . This description will do for now :)

(I'll go talk with the Doc, Pottsie must be getting bored by now ^^)
 JasraLantill
08-19-2006, 1:43 AM
Pottsie--I don't believe we have landed on Nar Shaddaa just yet. We should still be on the ship.
 Diego Varen
08-19-2006, 1:49 AM
Pottsie--I don't believe we have landed on Nar Shaddaa just yet. We should still be on the ship.

Sorry, I didn't make my Post clear (I knew we were not on Nar Shaddaa, it was just Trando's thought of Nar Shaddaa). It's all edited now.
 JasraLantill
08-19-2006, 2:08 AM
Sorry. I didn't make myself clear either. We are still in hyperspace, travelling to Nar Shaddaa. The trip should take a few hours. This will give us a bit of time to get to know each other as a crew before actually jumping into the mission. The crew needs to work as a team, and as they don't really know each other yet, that's going to be sort of difficult. Raze and Shadow are in the common room and have just finished eating. Have Trando do something similar until we actually come out of hyperspace.
 Diego Varen
08-19-2006, 2:25 AM
Sorry. I didn't make myself clear either. We are still in hyperspace, travelling to Nar Shaddaa. The trip should take a few hours. This will give us a bit of time to get to know each other as a crew before actually jumping into the mission. The crew needs to work as a team, and as they don't really know each other yet, that's going to be sort of difficult. Raze and Shadow are in the common room and have just finished eating. Have Trando do something similar until we actually come out of hyperspace.

Edited. Will starmark2k or anyone else post a picture of the Carnage?
 starmark2k
08-19-2006, 3:44 AM
If you mean an external view i can't do that as my artistic skills are... Lacking, but i'll whip up an internaal floor plan if thats what you need.
 chubbslegend
08-19-2006, 3:58 AM
I think he means a plan like the one you did for your other Mercenary Crew thread.
 starmark2k
08-19-2006, 7:01 AM
Ok here's a basic internal layout of the carnage... hope it helps

Link: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/starmark2k/carnage.jpg)
 Rexraptor2000
08-19-2006, 7:09 AM
Where is the Refresher?
 JasraLantill
08-19-2006, 7:42 AM
On the opposite side of the galley kitchen in the common room. :)
 chubbslegend
08-19-2006, 8:48 AM
That layout is great, now i have a good idea of the ship.
Page: 1 of 2