Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to make an animated cutscene?

Page: 1 of 1
 SithRevan
08-16-2006, 1:57 PM
I was wondering is there any other program besides anicam that can do an animated cutscene, and if so can somebody point me to it. Also if anicam is the only one that can do that, can somebody please help me find it, thanks!:D
 ChAiNz.2da
08-16-2006, 3:32 PM
I would try this thread first...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165950)

Anicam is a great tool, but it's not really necessary for a cutscene (which is really just an enhanced dialogue). My Kreia Robes mod has a cutscene added without using the tool. If you're just looking to get certain angles for a camera view, I wound up spawning invisible placeables that I used as "makeshift" cameras (defined as the Speaker)... you just need to make sure that your scripts clean-up those placeables before your dialogue/cutscene ends ;)
 SithRevan
08-16-2006, 3:41 PM
Thanks ChAiNz that helped a lot!
 goldberry
08-16-2006, 6:26 PM
Can a script be used to create and destroy the placeables on the fly, so that if something interupts the dialog for whatever reason, they are still deleted?

I.E. <Swap to camera#1> "Blah Blah" <Swap to camera#2, Delete camera#1>
 Darkkender
08-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Yes you can do that with scripts. You would use a DestroyObject function call.
Page: 1 of 1