Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Extracting the Saber SFX From KOTOR I & II

Page: 1 of 1
 Joetheeskimo
08-09-2006, 3:21 PM
First off let me say I posted this here because Holowan Laboratories doesn't have a forum dedicated to sound and I just had to pick between this and the KOTOR I forum. If a mod thinks this should be elsewhere, feel free to move it. :)

I need to extract the lightsaber sound effects from KOTOR I and/or II in .wav format. However, most of the sound files' names are nonsensical combinations of letters and numbers, and I have absolutely no idea where to start looking.
I need the lightsaber being activated, the hum as it swings, and the background humming when it's on. I also need "clash" sound effects, when two lightsabers meet, and the lightsaber turning off.

Can anybody help me out with this? Thanks. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
08-09-2006, 3:55 PM
Hey Joe...

No worries, even if there is no 'specific' section... if it's about modding the game, then Holowan is your home :)

As for your question, I'm at work.. so I can't give exact paths, but I'm sure one of the other modders around can get you an answer ;)

EDIT: err.. duh. Forgot to mention that I moved the thread in case anyone gets confused about the first post.. :nut:
 Fiestainabox
08-09-2006, 4:04 PM
I know, its a completely daunting task.

Personally, I've never actually worked with the saber effects, let alone found them with Miles tools, but the best I can come up with for you is download Shems USM (Ultimate sound mod) and Take a look at the files in there, or find another mod that changes the saber sounds.

As for finding the originals, that's as far as my expertise go....
 Joetheeskimo
08-09-2006, 4:09 PM
Where can I download that? :)
 Darth333
08-09-2006, 4:17 PM
The original saber sounds are not in the sound folder but can be extracted with Kotor Tool (look under BIFs->sounds.bif)

The lightsaber sounds names start by cb_ls_*
 Joetheeskimo
08-09-2006, 4:20 PM
Thanks very much!

Exactly what I needed.
Page: 1 of 1