Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Environment suit modification?

Page: 1 of 1
 SithRevan
08-09-2006, 1:27 AM
I was wondering is there any way to take off the restrictions (armbands, medical items, freindly force powers, ect.) on the environment suit, if that is possible can somebody give me a couple of suggestions on how to go about doing it, Thanks!:D
 stoffe
08-09-2006, 6:03 AM
I was wondering is there any way to take off the restrictions (armbands, medical items, freindly force powers, ect.) on the environment suit, if that is possible can somebody give me a couple of suggestions on how to go about doing it, Thanks!:D

This is not tied to the environment suit appearance directly, but a result of calling the SetPlayerRestrictMode() function with TRUE as parameter value, which is done in the scripts that applies the Environment suit disguise to a character when you play. This will disallow the player to attack and use almost all items until the function is called again with a FALSE parameter value.
 SithRevan
08-09-2006, 11:43 AM
How would I go about finding the script so that I could call that function?
 stoffe
08-09-2006, 5:45 PM
How would I go about finding the script so that I could call that function?

If it's for KotOR2 there should be two scripts, one when entering the Peragus Asteroid Exterior, and one on Nar Shaddaa when entering the poison-filled tavern controlling Mira. Those scripts should look something like:

// a_104per_enter.nss

void main() {
if (GetEnteringObject() == GetFirstPC()) {
SetPlayerRestrictMode(TRUE);
effect eSuit = EffectDisguise( DISGUISE_TYPE_ENVIRONMENTSUIT_02 );
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eSuit, GetFirstPC());
SetGlobalBoolean("G_PER_IN_SPACE_SUIT", TRUE);

if (GetGlobalNumber("101PER_Sion_Arrives") > 0) {
PlayRoomAnimation("104perg", ANIMATION_ROOM_SCRIPTLOOP03);
}
else {
PlayRoomAnimation("104perg", ANIMATION_ROOM_SCRIPTLOOP01);
}
}
}

...and...

// a_fadeto_304.nss

void PartyEquipSpaceSuits();
void ControlMira();

void main() {
SetGlobalFadeOut(0.0, 1.0);
DelayCommand(1.0, ControlMira());

object oController = GetObjectByTag("InvisoKreia");
AssignCommand(oController, DelayCommand(1.1, SetPlayerRestrictMode(TRUE)));
AssignCommand(oController, DelayCommand(1.1, SetGlobalBoolean("G_PER_In_Space_Suit", TRUE)));

NoClicksFor(1.5);

AssignCommand(oController, DelayCommand(1.1, PartyEquipSpaceSuits()));
AssignCommand(oController, DelayCommand(2.0, StartNewModule("304NAR")));
}

void PartyEquipSpaceSuits() {
int iCnt = GetPartyMemberCount();
int i;
effect eSuit = EffectDisguise( DISGUISE_TYPE_ENVIRONMENTSUIT_02 );

for (i = 0; i < iCnt; i++) {
object oParty = GetPartyMemberByIndex(i);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eSuit, oParty);
}
}

void ControlMira() {
object oMira = GetObjectByTag("Mira");
DestroyObject(oMira);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(NPC_MIRA, "p_mira");
SwitchPlayerCharacter(NPC_MIRA);
}
 SithRevan
08-09-2006, 5:53 PM
Thank you sooooooooooo much, that's what has been holding me up on making the warp console, so thanks agian!:D
 Lit Ridl
08-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Also, I know it is off-topic but why did Zaalbar in KI has locked armor?
Is it determined by his Subrace (Wookie)?
 SithRevan
08-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Actually I don't know why they would have locked it but I don't think it was his subrace. It was probley some what of a similar situation to mandalores armor being locked, and actually if you don't already know how to take that restriction off, all you have to do is go in the appearence.2da and go to the "equipslotlocked" part of the .2da and change whatever is there for zaalbar to ("****") and it should make him able to take off his armor!
 Karstedt
08-10-2006, 6:48 PM
Back on topic of the enviro-suit. Where/what are the settings on how fast it moves? I would like to make it faster in KotOR1 because I hated how slow it was. I literally groaned when I first donned the darn thing in TSL only to happily realize they had nerfed it to ridiculously fast speeds.
Page: 1 of 1