Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Keymap and Bindablekeys .2da's?

Page: 1 of 1
 SithRevan
07-30-2006, 9:18 PM
I was wondering if you were to take both the Keymap and Bindablekeys.2da out of the xbox version of tsl and put them into the pc version of tsl would you be able to use an xbox controller without mapping the controller buttons on the pc version of tsl?
 Darkkender
07-31-2006, 1:29 AM
I highly doubt it. Unless I'm mistaken and in this case I don't think I am. But unless the developer's were students of poor programming design which from what I've seen of the game engine core itself they aren't. The engine will have auto checking built into the executable or they will have created different executables for the different platforms. Either way they will have the game executable setup to read from the same data files. What this means for you is that the 2da file is 98% likely to be exactley the same from xbox to PC. The reason most of the models likely have problems from PC to Xbox is more directly within the engine itself.
 SithRevan
07-31-2006, 1:37 AM
I think I might give it a try anyway, and see basically if works or doesn't work, but if it does I will most likely make it into a mod for those hardcore xbox gamers who just can't get the keyboard and mouse style of tsl on the pc down, Thanks anyway!:D
Page: 1 of 1