Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Fanfic]Trials

Page: 1 of 1
 ForceFightWMe12
07-25-2006, 7:53 PM
Yes, a third story by ForceFight, and one that I actually intend to finish. :D
The intro is inculded below. Enjoy!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/BastilaRevanforever/Random%20Stuff/426px-Shadows_and_Light.jpg)

DATAPAD XT-14092-RECORDING 296-337
TRIALS

I have recorded this tale entitled TRIALS for one reason and one reason only: remembrance. Remembrance of a great man – remembrance of a great danger. Remembrance of a great mistake. Remembrance of the great men and women who no longer live. Remembrance of their great deeds, recorded here. Remembrance of the lives of friends as well as enemies. Remembrance…of a legend.

For several years now I have compiled this data. As I am the last surviving member of these adventurers and friends, it is my agreed-upon duty to record the details of our trials, so that the same mistakes may not be made again.

BEGIN FEED
FOLDER 77-82
SECTION ONE

Space. The final, supposedly ‘conquered’ frontier for the people of the Republic, and yet it was almost completely unexplored. The Unknown Regions and beyond...one could only guess at the wonders that lay undisturbed and just waiting to be discovered past the reaches of charted space.

Billions of stars watched the lone Republic capital ship as it scuttled across the voids, winking at the veteran soldier who stood before the viewscreens on the Command Bridge. The crew’s mission was a simple one – and for that reason it was all the more dangerous. As the constellations stood a silent vigil, the soldiers aboard were deathly silent as they went about their chores. They had taken a mistaken course…one that would doom their mission.

“Captain.” one of the men sitting at a nav console waved a hand, flagging down the veteran soldier, who dutifully strode to the man’s side. “Hyperspace ruptures.”

Carth Onasi peered over the man’s shoulder, his trained eyes quickly scanning the data displayed on the screen.

“Identified?” he asked, stroking his close-shaven goatee.

“No, sir.”

“Keep an eye on them. They’re not close enough to do damage yet.”

“Yes, sir.”

Moving back to the center of the deck, Carth called out more orders. “I want military personnel brought up to alert. Keep those turrets warm.”

As a chorus of affirmatives reached his ears, the senior officer turned back to the viewscreens, pulling up several magnified feeds of the hyperspace ruptures. He had a bad feeling about this…

A moment later, the proximity alarm blared, renting the silence with its loud, clear screamings.

“What’s going on?” Carth barked.

“Proximity one breached, sir!” a soldier answered, his console flashing red, “Sith warships en route!”

“What the hell??” he dashed to the console, staring hard at the information scrolling across the screen. “We’re way too far out for their sensors to pick us up. How the hell did they know we were here?”

“They were waiting, Captain.” came a woman’s voice, and Carth spun around, coming face-to-face with Jedi Bastila Shan. Her cool blue eyes watched the viewscreens solemnly for a moment before turning to meet his chestnut-brown. “It’s an ambush.”

“Sh*t.” he swore in a whisper, breath hissing from between his teeth. Then he was a whirl of action. “Combat teams to full readiness! Scramble the fighters, ready the turrets! I want this ship fully armed ASAP!”

“It’s too late.” he heard the Jedi whisper, “It’s far too late…”

His brows furrowed. What she had said was the truth…pulling up the radar trackers on one side of the viewscreen, the man could see that enemy fighters had already far outnumbered their own – and they were still multiplying.

“I want all shifts up and ready! All fighters are cleared to launch! Get our Jedi passengers on the Bridge, now! Arm the podbays! Defense, I need those turrets!”

“Turrets 15 through 25 ready, sir!”

“Ammunition in ‘bays A and B readied, sir!”

“Here they come.” Bastila murmured.

“Proximity ring 2 breached!”

“We got fighters on all sides! Boarding craft!”

“Fighters launched! Echo, Beta, and Gamma Squads engaging enemy!”

“Turret bays occupied! Awaiting command!”

“Open fire!” Carth shouted, “Blast them with everything we’ve got!”

“Proximity 3 breached! Boarding craft approaching docking bays 3 and 4!”

“I want troopers down in those docks!” Carth shouted, “Be ready to repel boarders!”

“Beta squad’s in disarray! There’s another break in the defenses!”

“If they board us we’re done for.” he said, and turned to Bastila. “I need command of your—”

He broke off as he saw the Jedi sitting on the floor of the bridge, a strange light playing about her body. She was using her powers.

It may be too little, too late. he found himself thinking as he turned back to the viewscreens. A large explosion wracked the exo-skeleton of the ship.

“Shield cores have spun to zero! We’ve been boarded!”

“Hull breach in sector 4-A, sealing off!”

“There’s too many of them, sir! They’re picking our turrets off like flies!”

“Fire the Hellfires!” the Captain commanded, “I don’t care where, they’ll do damage wherever they hit!”

“Turrets 13 through 34 are down! Podbays A and D are empty!”

“They’ve knocked out our communication arrays!”

Another set of rapid explosions sounded, causing the man to stumble.

“Engines three and four spun to zero. We’re drifting!”

“Stabilizers disabled!”

“Boarders have penetrated initial defenses! Sectors 6-D through 8-A are overwhelmed!”

“I want all reserve personnel up immediately! I’m ordering a full evacuation of the Endar Spire!”

- - - - - - - - -

Explosions rocked the very frame of the ship, jolting Terrick to wakefulness with a painful crack of the head. Sitting bolt upright, the soldier rubbed the back of his head as the ship rumbled again. He could see smoke and blaster fire out the window.

Sh*t! was the only thing that crossed his mind as he watched thousands of Sith fighters dart nimbly through the wreckage of hundreds of Republic hulls.

A beep and a hiss announced that the lock on the door to the dormitories had been accessed. Whipping around, Terrick dropped into a fighting stance, expecting a patrol of Sith troopers to come barging in at any second.

“Up and at ‘em, kiddies! Captain Onasi’s ordered a—” the Republic soldier stopped as he noticed the crouched man in the room, his eyes surveying the man’s jumpsuit and bare hands. “How exactly were you planning on killing any Sith like that? Shock ‘em to death?”

Terrick frowned. “I just got up.” he explained.

“‘Just got up’?? You mean you slept through all this??” the second soldier motioned around the room with his blaster, indicating the explosions, alarms, announcements and blaster fire. He was right. It was a hell of a lot to sleep through.

“Look, can we talk about this later?” he grumbled, moving to the footlocker across the room and keying it open, beginning to pull clothes out, “I can’t imagine you came just to wake me up.”

“You’re right, I didn’t. Code red has been issued.”

Terrick paused, his hands in the middle of loading a blaster, and turned to the soldier. “We’re evacuating?”

“You got it.”

He couldn’t move. Rather, he just stared at the other man, his eyes empty.

“Well, c’mon! We got other priorities too! Bastila’s on the bridge, and it’s our first priority to be sure that she gets off the Spire in one piece!”

Swearing under his breath, Terrick continued to dress. He had completely forgotten about the ship’s Jedi occupants.

“You got a name?” he asked, strapping on his belt and blaster.

“Trask Ulgo, ensign with the Republic Fleet. We’re on different shifts…I can see why we haven’t met before.”

“Terrick Yuri.” he answered, standing and hefting a blaster rifle, “A pleasure. Now, if you wouldn’t mind…”

Having the pass codes, Trask had quickly cut through the lock-down sequence on the door, and they were out into the corridor. Slicing through many more locked doors and blasting their way past advanced boarding parties, the duo slipped through the Sith-infested sections of the ship, finally reaching the cross-point between the starboard and port sides of the ship.

“Why do I have a bad feeling about this place…” Terrick asked no one in particular, quickly wiping sweat from his brow and adjusting his blaster.

Crossing the room quickly, Trask put his ear to one of the doors.

“There’s something behind there…” he said, and stepped back. Extending and waving two fingers, he signaled for his companion to seek cover. Dodging beneath a table, Terrick lay on the ground, his blaster at the ready.

Seeing Terrick ready, Trask punched in the lock code, and the door hissed open.

“****.” the soldier growled, and strode into the room, calling over his shoulder. “You get out of here! They’re waiting for you in the escape pods!”

“Trask?” Terrick popped up, and saw the flash of a red lightsaber. Oh no…

“Trask!!” Running forward, he reached the door just in time to run into it as it locked closed.

“You stupid bastard!” he shouted, pounding hard on the metal. The door wouldn’t open, no matter how many times he tried to crack the lock. Sighing, he gave up. There was no time to waste.

- - - - - - - - -

“C’mon, c’mon, c’mon…” Carth said under his breath, his eyes following the dot that was the last surviving member of the Endar Spire as the soldier made his way through the corridors.

“It’s about fracking time!!” the Captain shouted as the lock was accessed and the door hissed open.

“Sorry, sir,” Terrick answered automatically, clutching at his wounded arm, “The ship’s full of rats, if you know what I mean.”

“It’s fine, now let’s just—”

“You’re…you’re Carth Onasi, aren’t you?”

“Yes, now please can we get the hell out of here!”

Sliding quickly into the last escape pod, the two Republic soldiers took their last look at the Endar Spire.

“Hang on to your hat.” Carth murmured, pulling the hatch closed and entering the launch sequence. “Taris, here we come.”
 Diego Varen
07-26-2006, 3:17 AM
A nice explosive intro , ForceFight. I like it already. Also what was the matter with TPoD and TYTM?

Also if you have the time, please check out my Fanfics.
 The_Catto
07-26-2006, 5:34 AM
i like it!! lol, great intro to the story ... and yeah, what's wrong with PoD? :( .. you wouldnt have forgotten about us have you :( lol, you wouldnt do that ;) .. anyway, hope to see more soon.
 RC-1162
07-26-2006, 5:36 AM
yes, please do finish this :D
great discription, FF. everything was well written. and you say you dont have ideas for PoD :xp:
also, will this be th KotOR story which was played according to you?
 JediKnight707
07-26-2006, 6:32 AM
“fracking.”

Fracking? FRACKING? C'mon! What is he, six? And you were doing so well with the curses, but you had to throw in FRACKING!!!!!!!!
:lol: jking :D
I liked it, it was...a lot of action, which I didn't know you had in you :)

'Fracking' will fly on the forum, the f-bomb will not. Jae
 The Doctor
07-26-2006, 10:21 AM
A nice explosive intro , ForceFight. I like it already. Also what was the matter with TPoD and TYTM?

Also if you have the time, please check out my Fanfics.

I'll take those questions for you, if you don't mind, Kira...

If you read the PoD thread, you'll see that she ran into a corner with it. I'm sure you've experienced writer's block yourself, Pottsie. And TYTM is a conversion of an RP - trust me, those are slow going, and get fairly tedious after a while. I know I need a break while converting DF and LoH.

Now, to the story. I love the intro part. More than the story itself so far - but that's not to say the narrative isn't great.

But what else can we expect from the great FFWM? :p
 RC-1162
07-26-2006, 10:53 AM
writers block :xp:
j/k :D
 Diego Varen
07-26-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm sure you've experienced writer's block yourself, Pottsie.

You bet. Anyway I'm looking foward to more ForceFight and I hope you can finish this.
 ForceFightWMe12
07-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Pottsie: Thanks! I try to make my beginnings one-hit-wonders XD Though as for TYTM and PoD, the Doc is right. TYTM is rather annoying at times, and it seems that I've run aground with PoD. Though, if things go as planed, Trials will not be a single fic, but rather a trilogy. +10 cool points to the first person to guess the time frames of each story. As for reviewing your fics...I can try, but I would advise you not to count on it :xp:

BFA: I'm glad you like it :D And no, I haven't forgotten about TYTM or PoD. Though, whether or not either will be updated soon is a completely other story... :sweat:

RC: Muchas gracias, senor RC. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. And I do plan on finishing this...seeing as its KotOR my way, it shouldn't be too hard to do...should it? o.O XD

JK: Oh, lemme alone, will you? C'mon, they sensor out sh*t (ends up as ****), how d'you expect me to feature another four letter word? :lol: And yes, I can do combat - I'm not the hopless romantic everyone thinks I am :D Thanks!

Doc: Long time not talk :lol: Well, leave it to you to pick the shortest part of the chapter to like <.< J/K. I like particularly like the intro myself, actually...hm.
 The Doctor
07-26-2006, 1:29 PM
^ It's not my fault you're never on MSN anymore. >P
 RC-1162
07-26-2006, 3:07 PM
RC: Muchas gracias, senor RC. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. And I do plan on finishing this...seeing as its KotOR my way, it shouldn't be too hard to do...should it? o.O XD

never say that to yourself. it always fouls things up :D. you ask "what could probably go wrong?" and then you find out the hard way. XD

i know you've probably heard this for the umpteenth time, but could you return the favour and check out any one of my fics? (other than the ones you've already replied to ;)) Thanks!
 ForceFightWMe12
07-27-2006, 2:58 PM
As for reviewing your fics...I can try, but I would advise you not to count on it

Same goes for you, RC. So please don't constantly bug me, it's not as if I'm totally ignoring you. But this isn't the only site I belong to, and this isn't the only fic that I'm currently writting. Though I'm regretting saying that it would be easy...I think I jinxed it XD

And Doc...maybe I just don't like MSN anymore :xp:
 RedHawke
07-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Same goes for you, RC. So please don't constantly bug me, it's not as if I'm totally ignoring you.
Sorry that it has bugged you FFWM12. :(

Right, I'll end this here and now... New rule everyone, pestering people to review your fics in another person's thread is now counted the same as advertising! Cut it out everybody. Posts containing this kind of spammy advertising will now be simply deleted. Forum Rules thread updated.
 JediKnight707
07-28-2006, 1:56 AM
JK: Oh, lemme alone, will you?

I just love picking on people that use FRACKING!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

And yes, I can do combat - I'm not the hopless romantic everyone thinks I am :D Thanks!

Well, I am ;) And I think you ment hopeless, not hopless. (But, it's perfectly understandable that you can't jump...)
 RC-1162
07-28-2006, 4:48 AM
^^
you know, i was thinking the very same thing, but i thought i'd let Hall deal with it. :D

sorry i bugged you, FF. wont bother you again :)
 ForceFightWMe12
07-28-2006, 9:12 AM
You know what, JK? Just go away, no one likes you anymore XD

*sigh* Typos...why must you guys pick on me so? :lol:

It's alright, RC, no harm no foul ;)

Oh, and just a btw, I'm leaving for the Adirondacks tomorrow (Saturday) for a week, so don't be surprised if it seems that I died...
 JediKnight707
07-28-2006, 1:49 PM
:crybaby: You hurt my feelings!!!!!

But, anyway, *sniffles* I hope an update is in the making :)

*makes one of those wierd inhales that you get after you stop crying, where you breath like 5-small-breaths-in-1*
 Jae Onasi
07-28-2006, 2:20 PM
Jae--in moderator mode--Folks, the PM system is a fabulous tool. It's Free! It's Easy! I highly recommend you use it for your off topic discussions!

When you post off-topic stuff, it really distracts from people's stories. When a casual reader starts reading this thread, they'll see her chapter and then a ton of comments. If the comments are relevent, fine. Unfortunately, if they're not, the casual reader is going to see all the off-topic stuff, decide it's a spammy kind of thread, and move on to another thread before they get a chance to read the rest of her stuff. I don't want someone missing out on some great reading because they've decided it's not worth the time to plow through spammy comments to get to the next chapter.
Please show FFWM12 the respect her terrific stories deserve by not cluttering up the thread with a bunch of non-related discussion. She, and all of you who are authors here, work really hard to get the chapters written and posted for the rest of us to enjoy.

Now Jae's off moderator mode and back into just plain old reader mode (which she much prefers)--I like how the story starts. The action is very exciting and you've captured the chaos of battle really well. I felt like Carth was a little harsher than I would have expected from what I saw in the game, but it's a very stressful situation, so I could buy it. I hope to see more soon. :)
 ForceFightWMe12
07-28-2006, 2:55 PM
Ah, Jae the Mom-erator. XD

Thanks for the comment :D I figure that if you've got an entire Sith Combat fleet suddenly breathing down your tail pipe, you're not exactly going to be too nice to the people around you :xp: But, anyway...

Yes, don't worry, more is on the way. I went back and played the beginning a bit differently...and I found a nice idea to use ;)
 RC-1162
07-28-2006, 3:30 PM
i hope you plan on doing most of the quests. i'd like to see how you write them out. also, it'll lengthen your story a bit :) good luck!
 LordRevan123
07-29-2006, 3:10 PM
I'm sure we all are waiting for more updates.
 ForceFightWMe12
08-06-2006, 12:04 PM
And so I'm back...from Outer Space...and you just walked in to find me here lalalala....

Better news: I have an update :D

As for the quests, RC, I'll be doing whichever ones I find this time around in my most recent game of KotOR, soooo...yeah.

And I think I got the name of the female Sith's name wrong for this one...I can't remember XD

Anyway.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

FOLDER 77-82
SECTION TWO

Lights, shadows, explosions, silence of the grave…

A dream world unfolded before him, the edges of his vision clouded with black smoke and whirling shadows. The durasteel plating of the ship below him shimmered with reflections of blaster fire and lightsabers. Sith soldiers stood on all sides of the command bridge, firing round after round at the group of Jedi, each shot causing no damage to the opponents, but rather deflecting off the light blades, only to ricochet into the silver-armored chest of another soldier. Eventually, the shooting stopped, and a Jedi wielding a yellow-bladed saber stepped forward.

Her hand shot out, an accusing finger jabbed in the direction of the cloaked and masked figure on the other side of the bridge. “You cannot win, Revan!” she shouted.

In response, the black figure, presumably the fabled Revan, reached beneath their cloak and withdrew a saber of their own. With a flourish, a blood red blade ignited from the cylinder. As the rest of her group gathered around her, the Jedi wielding the yellow saber stepped into a fighting stance, matching the movements of the Sith Lord. Holding her blade at the ready, she watched her opponent with hard eyes, the red blade stopping above the shoulder of the Dark Jedi.

The next moment, an explosion rocked the ship, the front panels of the bridge exploding behind Revan in a shower of sparks and flames. Revan slumped limply to the ground, along with the rest of those still living on the bridge. The saber rolled from beneath the dead-weight of the gauntlet, and stopped only when the cool metal pressed lightly against the hand of the woman. Ice blue eyes cracked open slowly at the touch, and the Jedi blinked several times before the realization of what had happened hit her. She picked her head up, and spotted the dark spot that was the unconscious leader of the Sith fleet.

The ship shuddered beneath her, and she knew there wasn’t much time left. Dragging herself over to the cloaked figure, she turned the Dark Lord over on their back, studying the masked face. Their life essence was cold…but placing her hand on the armored chest, she could sense the small flicker of life deep inside…

His vision went black.

Terrick was startled into consciousness, automatically propping himself up on his elbows.

“Good, you’re up.”

Now the soldier sat straight up, doing a quick scan of the room and spotting the source of the voice. Carth Onasi, a star Veteran in the Republic fleet, stood leaning against the wall in the back of the room, his arms crossed over his chest.

“Better to see you up than thrashing about in your sleep. You must’ve had one hell of a nightmare.”

“Yeah…it was like…some kind of vision or something…” Terrick shook his head, trying the clear his mind. He felt as if he was just waking up from a drunken stupor…

Looking up, he saw the veteran watching him cautiously.

“Sorry,” he said, and stood up, running a hand through his hair, “I’m Terrick, by the way. Terrick Yuri.”

He nodded. “Carth Onasi.”

“So…Carth…where are we?”

“Uppercity Taris.” he answered, fixing the cuff of his orange jacket, “I found this abandoned apartment after we crash-landed. By the time the Sith came ‘round, we were long out of there. I did some scouting around while you were out…”

“And?”

“Turns out that a few escape pods crashed into the Undercity.”

“Undercity, Uppercity…?”

“Taris is divided up into three levels: Uppercity, Lowercity, and Undercity. The Uppercity is the realm of the richer inhabitants of the planet, and is restricted more or less to humans – the prejudice against any and all types of aliens is extremely high up here. The Lowercity is the dwelling of the planet’s alien population. It’s currently overrun with swoop gangs, so it would be a good idea to avoid it for now. And as for the Undercity…the way I understand it, is the lowest level. Its inhabitants are criminals and descendants of criminals who live on the surface itself. It’s a disease-ridden place, and not exactly a night at the Courescantian opera, if you know what I mean.”

“But that’s where our only leads bring us to.” Terrick said with a sigh. “Wonderful.”

“Faster we get going, faster we’ll get something done.” Carth said, grabbing his blaster from a near-by workbench and sticking the weapon in the holster at his hip.

“But what happens if we screw up? What happens if the Sith…”

“A wise man once said: ‘Take the leap, and the net will appear’.” the man turned back to Terrick, “That’s our philosophy at this point.”

“So we’re taking a blind leap, quite possibly straight into the waiting arms of the enemy in order to save one Jedi chick?”

“You got it.”

Terrick smiled devilishly, “Exactly my kind of move.”

“Grab your sword and blaster and let’s get moving.” as the senior officer turned to go, the other soldier stopped him again.

“Hey Carth, one more thing.”

He turned around again, “Yeah?”

“You got a smoke?”

The look Carth gave him would have been roll-on-the-floor hilarious to anyone else. “You’re kidding, right?”

“No, dead serious. Do -- you -- have -- a -- smoke?” he asked again, enunciating as if he were talking to a slow child. Without an answer, Carth turned and headed out. “What??”

As the door slid open, a Sith raiding party was revealed.

“Hey, Captain?”

“Yeah?”

“About that Sith thing…you were saying?”

- - - - - - - - -

A few hours later found the two entering a cantina, the blood of a Sith officer staining the skin beneath the gloves of Terrick’s new light battle armor.

Tipping the mug of Tarisian Ale back, the soldier took another drink, fingering the new credits in his pocket, a light glow emitting from the cigarette between his lips.

“I don’t think that dueling idea was half-bad.” Terrick said, his words slightly slurred.

“No, it wasn’t.” Carth said, taking another drink from his own mug, “Though this ale is a bit strong, don’t you think?”

“Ah, just a little.” the younger man answered, and began scanning the bar area. Putting his elbow on the table, he pointed to a woman sitting alone at a table, a blue martini-like drink in front of her. “See that woman over there?”

“What about her?” the officer said, watching said woman out of the corner of his eye.

“Looks to me like she’s got a Beringa Martini. Now there’s a drink straight from the Core Worlds. If it were my guess, she’s had a pretty hard week and a normal drink just won’t cut it. She’s sitting alone, so she’s probably either a workaholic or has something to do with law enforcement.”

“She’s looking at you, you know.”

Turning back to look at her, their eyes met and he gave a cocky smile. Her returning smile was slightly embarrassed.

“Ready?” he said, taking another, long drink and extinguishing the cigarette before standing, “Watch this.”

“Hey, careful Terrick. We want to keep a low profile, remember?”

“Yeah, yeah, relax; I’ve got things under control.”

He picked up his mug and strode cockily across the room, sliding into the seat across from the woman.

“Hey there.” he said, his lips cracking into a winning smile.

“Hey,” she answered, looking up at him.

“You look pretty lonely over here.” the smile never fading.

“Mmm,” she said, swirling her drink with a stir, “A bit. All my friends are on-duty.”

“Security?” he guessed.

“Military.” she answered, “I’m the fifth ranking officer on the 14th patrol.”

He pulled back a bit in surprise. “A Sith?”

She rolled her eyes, looking away from him, her expression disappointed. “Yes. A Sith.”

Realizing he made a mistake, he leaned in again, elbows on the table, “You don’t look like one.”

“Like I said, I’m off duty. I don’t want to think about work anyway. I came here to relax, you know?”

“Of course,” he said with a smile, tipping his mug back again and taking a sip. “And what better way to do so, eh?”

“Of course.” she answered, smiling at him over the lip of her martini glass. “I love to come here after the end of a shift, even if all the locals seem to be in a permanently bad mood. They don’t seem to get how easy they have it up here in the Uppercity.”

“You need a positive attitude like yours in times like this.”

“Exactly!” she answered, “Finally someone who understands!”

“Hey, us Off-worlders have to stick together, right?”

Her eyes widened and she looked at him, surprised. “You mean, you’re not a local?”

“Hell no.” he answered, taking another drink, “A merchant. I’m stuck here ‘til the Quarantine ends.”

“I see,” she said, her eyes falling to the contents of her glass, “Then I’m doubly surprised that you’re talking to me. Shouldn’t you be angry? I mean, stuck on this back-water planet…”

“Ah,” he waved the comment off and indicated the ale in his hand, “Least this planet is good for something, eh?”

“Indeed,” she said, taking another drink. Then, she hesitantly offered a hand. “I’m Sarna.”

“Terrick.” he said, shaking her hand.

“Well, Terrick…” she said, glancing at the watch on her wrist, “It turns out my shift is starting again soon.” looking back to him, she continued, “A few friends and I were going to have a party later on today after our shifts end…and I’d really like to see you again…”

He swirled his drink, a cocky grin coming to his lips, “Is that an invite?”

“I’ll upload directions to your datapad. The party’s starting right after our shift – some of us won’t even be locking up our uniforms! I hope to see you there.”

“You know you’ll see me there.”

After entering some hurried directions into his datapad, the woman stood and made her leave. Smiling cockily, Terrick returned to Carth’s table.

“And?” his partner asked, taking a swig.

“I was right. She was in law enforcement.”

“Security?”

“Sith.”

Carth gagged and almost sent the alcohol in his mouth spewing everywhere. “Are you crazy??”

“No,” Terrick answered, shrugging off the comment, “But I think I jus found a way to get us a couple of uniforms.”

- - - - - - - - -

“I cannot believe we’re doing this…” Carth murmured, a quick breath hissing between his teeth as they approached the apartment. The quick, pulsing beat of the music was already audible there in the hallway.

“Oh, come off it.” Terrick said, “I know the music might be a bit much for your old-timer ears, but just go wiz ze flow, and ve vill be fine.”

A small smile found its way to Carth’s face at the man’s prodding, and he was in mid-response when the door to the apartment was keyed open.

“There you are!” came Sarna’s excited voice, coming to Terrick’s side as the two men stepped through the door, another woman following her. The red blush to the women’s faces announced that the alcohol had already been passed around. “I was beginning to wonder if you’d come!”

“Have no fear,” he answered, “For I am here. D’you mind if I brought my friend?”

“Oh no, of course not.” the other woman answered for her, her eyes surveying Carth, a fire glistening behind them.

“Good to hear it.” the younger man said with a grin, giving the man a look.

“Well, come on! The party’s in full swing!” Sarna said with a slightly drunken smile as she hung on his arm, tugging it a bit.

“And who would I be to stop it?” Terrick answered, but he hung back for only a second to whisper urgently, “No real names. They’ll be out on the floor soon.”

- - - - - - - - -

Close to an hour and a half later, the playlist on the blaring stereo ran itself out, the room falling silent. Many of the Sith soldiers were slumped in chairs or on the floor, slumped up against the wall. Sarna was out cold, her head resting on Terrick’s shoulder, both of them sitting on a sofa. His hair slightly dishelved, the soldier carefully dislodged the woman’s hold on him, and slid out from under her.

“How did you know?” Carth asked in a quiet voice as he stood from the chair he had been sitting in, being sure the woman sitting on the armrest didn’t fall over.

“What? That they would drink themselves into oblivion?” he asked, searching the pockets of one of the unconscious men, snagging the credits inside, “They’re Sith. It’s not like they have too much self-control or anything. If they did they’d be Republic soldiers, now wouldn’t they?”

“I suppose. Now, as for those uniforms…”

“Bingo.” Terrick answered, withdrawing his head from the footlocker he had just popped open, the helmet of a Sith uniform shinning in his hands, “And the fools didn’t even bother to lock the locker. Poor saps.”
 Diego Varen
08-06-2006, 1:55 PM
Good Chapter. I liked the descriptions and Terrick Yuri is a great name for:

Revan.

This is KOTOR but better. Maybe once I've completed KOTOR again, maybe I'll do a Fic where Revan ends up four thousand years in the future.
 Hallucination
08-06-2006, 9:10 PM
Very good, I liked your take on the meeting with Sarna. just go wiz ze flow, and ve vill be fine.
I didn't know the ability to rip languages from another person's noggin could give you a german accent, or that they have german accents in the SW galaxy.

@RC: You got moderated!
@JK: It's traditional to not make a spelling/grammatical error when correcting someone else's spelling/grammar. ;)
 The_Catto
08-07-2006, 1:32 AM
Another good chapter there :D .. Pleased to see you havent lost your touch.
 RC-1162
08-07-2006, 1:50 AM
awesome comeback, ForceFight. excellent chapter, as always, and it made the sith uniforms bit more interesting. well done :thumbsup:

@RC: You got moderated!

ah, shaddup :xp:
 ForceFightWMe12
08-07-2006, 8:49 AM
Now play nice, boys. ;)

Pottsie: I'm glad you like the name. It was kinda pathetic...I sat at the PC for about ten or fifteen minutes, just staring at the screen. Man...I don't know what in the hell I'm going to call this guy...

Hall: Okay, so they didn't have German accents...but maybe it was the accent of another language that transfered into Basic? Oh lemme alone, call it artistic touch :xp:

BFA: Psha, loose my touch? Never :lol:

RC: Glad you liked it. I figured the party would be a bit more interesting for a chapter than the normal, beat-the-junk-out-of-a-Sith-patrol approach that I usually pull on KotOR. So, yeah...
 LordRevan123
08-09-2006, 9:36 AM
Terrick sounds to me like a cool name! In my opinion.
 machievelli
06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
read
Page: 1 of 1