Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to make a journal entry?

Page: 1 of 1
 SithRevan
07-22-2006, 1:16 AM
Hi, I was wondering about making a journal entry, Yes I do know that there is a tutorial on it but I was wondering if somebody could explain it more clearly to me, I tried to use Darth333's tutorial but it really started to confuse me, so if somebody can help me out with that I would be really greatful, thanks.

-SithRevan
 RedHawke
07-22-2006, 2:01 AM
Without posting any specifics on what part of the tutorial exactly is confusing you, how are you going to get any help? :confused:

I really don't understand what the purpose of this thread is?
Are you asking for another Tutorial?

D3's is about the best you are going to get on that topic. :giveup:
 Darth333
07-22-2006, 9:18 AM
If some parts of the tutorial are unclear, I can add more details but as RH said, we have to know what you don't understand exactly.

I don't know how you are working but I suggest reading the tutorial with your global.jrl file and a .dlg file opened to be able to follow. Having real examples under the eyes always makes things easier.
 SithRevan
07-22-2006, 10:29 AM
well I am havig trouble understanding parts of it, because some parts just don't make any sence to me, but if you could add more detils that woul be greatly appriciated.

-SithRevan
 EnderWiggin
07-22-2006, 12:16 PM
If some parts of the tutorial are unclear, I can add more details but as RH said, we have to know what you don't understand exactly.

Read what D3 and RH said again. We need more details. We can't help if all we know is that you don't understand. What don't you understand?

_EW_
 SithRevan
07-22-2006, 12:56 PM
I did and I don't understand how you are supposed to get the text and name into the journal entry.
 Darth333
07-23-2006, 9:34 AM
If you are talking about how to add a journal entry with KGFF, I've edited the tutorial by adding a post by tk102 at the end: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1741889#post1741889)

I remember this issue being brought up a few times but I always forgot to edit the tutorial afterwards. Well it's done now.

Hope this answers the question :)
 SithRevan
07-23-2006, 10:12 AM
yes it does and thank you I have used your revised tutorial and it helped me greatly, again thank you.
Page: 1 of 1