Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Did Dooku Save Anakin's life?

Page: 1 of 1
 grrrrrrrrrr7
07-21-2006, 8:25 AM
I think that Count Dooku indirectly saved Anakin's life by cutting off his hand in Episode II. If both of Anakin's hands had been organic instead of a mechanic prosthesis, they would have burned away when Anakin fell to the edge of the lava stream on Mustafar, and thus he would never have been able to drag himself to a safe enough place to survive for the few minutes he had to wait until he was rescued by Palpatine's troops. However, this viewpoint is highly debatable, as there is no indication that Anakin's entire hand would have been burned away when it was the part of his body furthest away from the lava. Since the fragile flesh of Anakin's ears did not burn away it is extremely unlikely that the denser muscle and bone of his hand would have either. Any thoughts here?
 PoiuyWired
07-21-2006, 1:52 PM
Now thats an interesting point. Weird, but true.
 ExileRevan
07-21-2006, 4:37 PM
Good point D.C, I hadnt thought about it that way. But I beleive that if Anakin had no arms at all he still wouldnt've died, the force protects the chosen one throughout the preqels. It is my beleif that it was the will of the force that Ani's robo arm stayed intact.
 Commander Obi-Wan
07-21-2006, 5:15 PM
Good point. Something I wouldn't've realized. :p

But different things could've happened if he had two unscathed arms, rather than one.
 Black Jesus
07-27-2006, 8:39 AM
Good point D.C, I hadnt thought about it that way. But I beleive that if Anakin had no arms at all he still wouldnt've died, the force protects the chosen one throughout the preqels. It is my beleif that it was the will of the force that Ani's robo arm stayed intact.

I agree.

ExileRevan is right.
 RC-1162
07-27-2006, 9:24 AM
hey, BJ. do you realsie that its very annoying to try to figure out what youre writing because it's black? we have to highlight it to read. do you mind changing it?
 Prime
07-27-2006, 12:01 PM
the force protects the chosen one throughout the preqels. Yikes. Some protection...
 Delta_Folee
07-27-2006, 1:14 PM
If Dooku hadn't cut off Anakin's arm and Anakin DID manage to pull himself safely away from the lava, that would have made it so that he could cast Force lightning, making him a far tougher opponent in the original trilogy.
 Shane_1990
07-27-2006, 3:07 PM
I think the onley thing that kept anakin alive was the love of padme, cuz he thought she was still alive cuz he felt it as anakin said until darth sidous told him a liy that it seems in your anger u killied her. And u can't realley say that the profercey kept him alive becuase he was completey taken over with feelings from the dark side.
 coupes.
07-27-2006, 3:21 PM
Dooku did not save Anakin. Perhaps in an unexpected turn of events, he did manage to help him inderectly to survive, but then again, that's only by a longshot.
 itchythesamurai
07-27-2006, 4:14 PM
Yeah, Dooku didn't really have anything to gain by letting Anakin live. Couldn't Skywalker have used the force to pull himself further from the lava? I don't think he knew any real defensive force moves that would've helped him out. I'd imagine he was really unfocused and had trouble concentrating after losing three limbs though...
 PoiuyWired
07-27-2006, 5:46 PM
If Dooku hadn't cut off Anakin's arm and Anakin DID manage to pull himself safely away from the lava, that would have made it so that he could cast Force lightning, making him a far tougher opponent in the original trilogy.

That of only true if Obi didn't cut of his fleshy arms.

Also, I always wonder if Vader CAN cast Force Lightning if He took off his mechanical arm and cast it with the stub... But that would look really silly wouldn't it?

And I think at that point its more like Anakin's Hatred(to Obi mostly) That keeps him alive more than anything else. Though I think hs love of Padme never ends.
 Black Jesus
07-27-2006, 8:47 PM
hey, BJ. do you realsie that its very annoying to try to figure out what youre writing because it's black? we have to highlight it to read. do you mind changing it?
Sorry. I didn't think it was so bad, but I'll change it.
 ch0g0nda
07-27-2006, 9:59 PM
Also, I always wonder if Vader CAN cast Force Lightning if He took off his mechanical arm and cast it with the stub... But that would look really silly wouldn't it? It's unlikely. If Vader wasn't able to project force lightening through some other part of his body then it's probably something that you absolutely have to have hands to do.

:blast5: > Vader
 ExileRevan
08-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Yikes. Some protection...

lol yeah, but what I meant was, In episode 1, his power kicked on just in time before the Droids blasted him on the big TF ship, in episode 2 yoda arrived just in time before dooku finished him and Obi off, and in episode three #1 obi didnt cut him in half instead off all of his real limbs #2 he didnt melt in the lava and his robotic arm saved him, thus my point. =)
Page: 1 of 1