Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ABCoLD's Skip Peragus

Page: 1 of 1
 ABCoLD
07-19-2006, 10:18 AM
You can download this mod at: PCGameMods (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18632.html)
If PCGameMods is down yet again you can also get it from my site. (http://home.mchsi.com/~ll6869/Skip_Peragus.zip)

This mod is a simple one that allows you to skip past most of the boring bits of Peragus. It functions simply by actually adding an additional dialogue option to intro.dlg, which is the first dialogue that fires during the tutorial. It will cause you to move past most of Peragus to the Storage room. This room connects directly to the room overlooking the Ebon Hawk. It should be rather simple to reach it from there. And of course it also provides you with some equipment, credits and experience to start out with. A little more or less than the average player would have at this point in the game.

If you choose not to activate the Skip Peragus mod, it should have absolutely no conflict with the rest of your gaming experience.

---Installation
To install, copy the files from the override folder into your own override folder.

To uninstall remove the following files from your override folder:
-hangar25control.uti
-intro.dlg
-lev40_spacesuit.uti
-sonicimprintsens.uti
-Varwarp.ncs

---What I did
Modified intro.dlg
-Added additional option to End Dialog, [Skip to the storage room on Peragus]
-Used ingame functions to set Revan's Gender and Alignment
-Used ingame functions to increase or not increase T3 Influence
-Used ingame functions to increase Kreia OR Atton's Influence
-Called script Varwarp to end intro

Added Varwarp script. It will warp character to new area, add party members, set global conditions, add the Force Chain feat, and provide the character with starting equipment.

---Thanks to:
stoffe -mkb- For helping with a bunch of stuff whether he/she knows it or not. (Also the most prolific author of Mods, as far as my override folder is concerned. ;) )

Fred Tetra (Did I spell that right?) For KTool which now has an awesome compile function, even if it doesn't like saving things. And also for Kotor Tool in general and of course for also having the scariest avatar pics ever.

Super Squall His skip Peragus mod gave me an idea where to start, an understanding of what I did and didn't want to do with my mod and basically making things a bit easier.
 Dirtnose
07-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Sweet Mod Well Done :)
 itchythesamurai
07-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Great idea, I've always thought about how nice it'd be to skip a lot of Peragus! I was so glad to see it blow up.
 tygaran
07-22-2006, 1:05 AM
This a nice mod, but i noticed one thing which is missing from the standard granted abilities... Force Precognition.

In normal play this is granted by the in-module script "a_giveforcepreco" during one of the Krea "telepathic" dialogs. The other skip peragus mod I've seen (by SuperSquall) includes a call to this script during one of his custom dialogs.

In game instances of this ability activating include just before the final boss in JekJek Tar and before the large beast on Dxun.

FYI, I think you can fix this simply by adding a line to your "varwarp" script.

that would be the following...

GrantSpell(FORCE_POWER_PRECOGNITION,GetFirstPC());

Overall though, it is a bit of a faster solution to getting past peragus in a hurry. =]
 SithAnnihilator
09-07-2006, 1:26 PM
There is a bug with this mod as well. After getting on the ebon hawk from the academy on telos the cutscene from what t3 'acquired' from atris causes a crash in the game.
 Kainzorus Prime
09-07-2006, 2:15 PM
Doubtfull. It would rather be some other incompatibile mod installed after this one.
 SithAnnihilator
09-07-2006, 9:28 PM
can't be....after reinstalling the game i reinstalled all the mods i previously had and played through normally, with the exception of this mod and it worked fine so i'm figuring that maybe a required variable wasnt set. or was set incorrectly. or maybe it was a fluke, who knows.

Edit: if it helps any, the only mods i have installed are

Holowan Plugin 1.05 + patch
USM
hakpad + booster 2.0
high level force powers 2.0 + 2.1 update

I also noticed that it doesn't give you the possible LSP / DSP from peragus. I know its not much but it does help.
 ABCoLD
09-08-2006, 3:55 AM
If it is, I'd have no idea why. I used the save games posted to Holowan Labs to determine what global variables to set. (This is the only thing I can imagine that would possibly cause a conflict.) The only other possibility is if that cut scene also included a file called either intro.dlg or Varwarp.ncc as those are basically the only files this mod introduces to the game. I guess I'll pop over and take a look at it. I actually haven't played with it too much since I made this mod, but.... hmmmm. I'm gonna guess that scene is in one of the ebon hawk modules. Let me go look.
 Addlcove
09-09-2006, 4:05 PM
don't know if it's related but the "Nihvis intro" wont fire since I installed this, rendering me unable to select the special class
Page: 1 of 1