Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jarael from KOTOR comics as a PC [TSL]

Page: 1 of 1
 woogiee
07-16-2006, 2:32 AM
The next mod I'm going to start working on is going to a new PC. Jarael from the KOTOR comic book series.

For those that dont know she looks like this (http://starwars.wikia.com/images/d/dd/Jarael.jpg) and this (http://starwars.wikia.com/images/2/22/Jarael_and_electrostaff.jpg)

I havent even started the mod yet, just been looking through TSL's files to see what skins and models I could use.

So far Im thinking of reskinning Handmaiden's outfit with the hood down for her clothing (I just cant seem to find it with KOTOR tool).

Also I cant seem to decide on a head to reskin as none seem to have nearly the right hair and I'm terrible at modeling and dont have the resource too model either.

As soon as I figure these things out I plan to start working on all the skins that will be necassary. Should be interesting putting her tattoos on multiple skins and making them look the same for instance.

Lastly Im open to suggestions, so if anyone has an idea to make this mod betteer feel free to post it here and if I like it I'll use it in the mod.
 Shem
07-16-2006, 2:46 AM
Nice. More options are always good. Mods like this always spark new interest in the game.
 stoffe
07-16-2006, 5:12 AM
So far Im thinking of reskinning Handmaiden's outfit with the hood down for her clothing (I just cant seem to find it with KOTOR tool).

It's the P_HandmaidenBB.mdl/mdx model, the same model used for the hooded Handmaiden. The "hood off" is just an animation in that model, not a separate model in itself. :)
 Darkkender
07-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Are you looking for a head with the long flowing hair? because I can't recall any like that for K1 or K2. However the structure of the Female PC with the Bun in TSL would be pretty close to those you have pictured. And if you wanted to do this for K1 as well there is the Female PC head that has been used for the Aurra Sing mod in the past the one with the ponytail.
 Jolly Boots
07-16-2006, 1:52 PM
What about the one the RP project is using for Kaevee? I believe that's N_jedimast4h. The only problem is that her face seems to always have this sad look while Jarael always has this scowling look.
 Jackel
07-16-2006, 5:27 PM
As soon as I figure these things out I plan to start working on all the skins that will be necassary. Should be interesting putting her tattoos on multiple skins and making them look the same for instance.
A quick suggestion for making them look the same would be work on the tattoos in a seperate tga file then cut/paste them on to the area you need them. That way you can get the colours etc consistant over all the tattoos.
 jedi7000nathan
07-16-2006, 11:55 PM
well since she arknian i think you should give her an arkarnian heavy blaster and a force pike
 woogiee
07-17-2006, 4:29 PM
Thanks for the info Stoffe and the suggestion Jackel :)

Now that you mention it Jedi7000nathan I may try to skin am electro staff and add the glow to the end for this mod, thanks for the idea.

I have a quick question for those experienced in modeling for KOTOR. Is it possible to put the hair form one model onto another? What I was thinking was maybe put the hair from the unused N_jedimast4h and put it onto the PFCH06 head. If possible would anyone be interested in doing this part for me?
 Jolly Boots
07-18-2006, 3:28 PM
Thanks for the info Stoffe and the suggestion Jackel :)

Now that you mention it Jedi7000nathan I may try to skin am electro staff and add the glow to the end for this mod, thanks for the idea.

I have a quick question for those experienced in modeling for KOTOR. Is it possible to put the hair form one model onto another? What I was thinking was maybe put the hair from the unused N_jedimast4h and put it onto the PFCH06 head. If possible would anyone be interested in doing this part for me?
If I remember correctly, I don't believe it's possible. Unless I missed something, hair is a very touchy place because it's free-moving and what not, therefore, when reinserting a head, the weights for the hair go all wacky and it's jumping all over the screen.
 woogiee
07-18-2006, 3:38 PM
Thanks Jolly, looks like I'll have to try my best with whats already there then
 Prime
07-18-2006, 3:46 PM
Glad to see stuff from the comics is making it into the game!!
Page: 1 of 1