Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Entertainment Centre Awards 2006!

Page: 2 of 3
 Niner_777
07-26-2006, 1:25 PM
I believe that it is, lol.
 Jae Onasi
07-26-2006, 2:07 PM
Please, please, let's get back on topic....

Pottsie, it's OK to set the categories and leave them that way. I wouldn't change them too much more or add a lot more, or it'll get very confusing.
 Jason Skywalker
07-26-2006, 6:24 PM
Best Character: Jae Onasi from The Adventures of Jolee Bindo.
Best Hero: Revan Skywalker from KOTOR III: The Second Sith War.
Best Heroine: Jae Onasi from The Adventures of Jolee Bindo.
Best Villian: Darth Malus from The Sith Lord.
Best Villainess: N/A.
Best Plot: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo.
Best Plot Twist: In Assassination Protocols, HK can feel? Sick.
Most Underrated Fic: Amongst The Ruins tied with The Second Sith War.
Most Original/Creative Fanfic: Jaden Korr: Darth Qollous by Sabretooth.
Most Addictive Fanfic: The Sith Lord by Pottsie.
Best Sequel: N/A
Best Trilogy: N/A
Best Written/Best Grammar: TAOJB tied with JK: DQ
Best Writer: Jae Onasi tied with Sabretooth tied with Pottsie.
Most Improved Writer: Connor.
Most Improved Fic: Amongst the Ruins.
Best Fanfiction: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo.

Well, here are my votes. And yes, i have read JK: DQ and have been reading TAOJB, thank you. ;)
 JediMaster12
07-26-2006, 8:39 PM
Choices...oh the choices. I have to think about it before I vote. Thanks to those who have read mine. I am surprised that there are others who read it besides my usual posting crew.
Need to rest my brain but I will have a vote up when I think about it.
 Niner_777
07-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Indeed, there are many choices. Thanks to everyone!
 Diego Varen
07-27-2006, 4:46 AM
Thanks for the votes Jason and I hope to see more. I'm looking foward to your results. Just one thing, if you decide to change your vote, please PM me and I'll sort it out on Word. I'm keeping a Tally there.
 Jabba da Butt
07-27-2006, 3:24 PM
I haven't read many fan fics, but Pottsie's "The Sith Lord" is very very good, and Forcefight's "Trials" seems like it will be excellent.

Other than that, I can't say much, because I dont read many fanfics.
 Diego Varen
07-27-2006, 3:58 PM
I haven't read many fan fics, but Pottsie's "The Sith Lord" is very very good, and Forcefight's "Trials" seems like it will be excellent.

Other than that, I can't say much, because I dont read many fanfics.

Feel free to post what you think. Somebody voted all the possible catergories for Jae Onasi and her Fic. Thanks for the vote though. I won't count it though, as it hasn't been put into a catergory.
 bballforlife
07-27-2006, 5:58 PM
I haven't read many fics but heres my short list.

Best Character- Jae Onasi
Best Plot- The Adventures of Jolee Bindo
Most Underated Fic- Amongst the Ruins and my fic of coarse, Memories of the 182nd
Most Improved Writer- Connor
Best Grammar- Niner_777

Thats all I have so far, I'll update later.
 Jabba da Butt
07-27-2006, 6:55 PM
Well then, I will put The Sith Lord in for best plot, but I wont vote on Trials because its not far enough in yet.
 Diego Varen
07-28-2006, 3:44 AM
Memories of the 182nd
As it says in the rules, you can't vote for your own Fic, so this vote don't count. Thanks for the vote Jabba.

New Rule: You can vote as much as you want in each section (I've done it as well as many other people). Just don't go overboard, five Fics, five Writers etc.
 Diego Varen
08-04-2006, 1:11 PM
A new section to vote has been added. Since there has been some Short Fics, I've decided to add in Best Short Fanfiction. See what I've voted for. I hope people will start voting again soon as this Thread has been inactive for a while.
 Master Jimmy
08-04-2006, 4:35 PM
If I had to vote, I'd say best writer would be Jae Onasi tied with my buddy Pottsie.
 Diego Varen
08-04-2006, 4:49 PM
If I had to vote, I'd say best writer would be Jae Onasi tied with my buddy Pottsie.

Why thank you Revanscool. Why don't you vote in all the sections, while you're at it? Anyway, those votes will be counted.
 Master Jimmy
08-04-2006, 4:54 PM
cause probably in more than half the catagories, I'd probably vote for myself. And I really don't want to be unfair.

Edit: But would I be able to vote for best new writer? If so, then I'd vote for LordRevan123.
 HK-42
08-09-2006, 4:08 PM
thank you everyone you voted me on most inproved fic i shall vote soon
 Diego Varen
08-09-2006, 5:43 PM
For those who are wondering about last year's Entertainment Centre Awards, these are the two Threads:

The Entertainment Centre Awards 2005! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159874) by The Doctor (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=127330)

The Entertainment Centre Awards 2005! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159925) by Sabretooth (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=105405)
 HK-42
08-14-2006, 7:21 PM
Best Character Darth Malus
Best Hero jason's jaden from jedi heroes
Best Heroine ?
Best Villian Darth Malus the great
Best Villainess ?
Best Plot The Adventures of Jolee Bindo with im now reading
Best Plot Twist the crystal of life
Most Underrated Fic Amongest the ruins
Most Original/Creative Fanfic The sith lord
Most Addictive Fanfic Humm ether the sith lord or Jaden korr/Darth Qollous
Best Sequel The 2nd adfentures of John skywalker
Best Trilogy Heart of the Guardian Trilogy
Best Written/Best Grammar Jae Onasi or niner
Best Writer Jae Onasi
Most Improved Fic niner
Best Short Fanfiction Pottsie's The way of the dark side
Best Fanfiction The sith lord or The Adventures of Jolee Bindo or the crystal of life
 Diego Varen
08-14-2006, 7:28 PM
Thanks for voting me and connor, please state which Jaden you're talking about in the Best Hero section (It makes my job easier). My dark side one was The Way of the Dark Side.
 The_Catto
08-15-2006, 9:25 AM
I decided i might vote for a few now :D ... so here they are

Best Character: Jae Onasi
Best Villian: Darth Mallus
Most Addictive Fanfic: The Plight of Darkness
Best Written/Best Grammar: Return from Exile
Best Writer: Jae Onasi
Best Short Fanfiction: Shattered love, Shattered Faith
Best Fanfiction: The Plight of Darkness

There's only a few there, but i will nominate some more soon, once ive read more. :D
 Diego Varen
08-15-2006, 9:28 AM
Please state which Darth Malus you're talking about Mr_BFA. There is my Darth Malus and Darth Malus the Great in The Second Sith War. Since it's just Darth Malus, I'll assume it's from my Fic.
 The_Catto
08-15-2006, 9:38 AM
^^^ Yeah sorry, the one from your Fic is the one i meant. Heh, my mistake ;)
 Diego Varen
08-15-2006, 9:45 AM
No problem. New Rule. Please state which Character is from which Fic. Makes my job a lot easier, as I said before.
 Renegade Puma
08-16-2006, 3:56 AM
Just a thought Pottsie. Perhaps you could rename this the 2006 Entertainment center olympics? Would be kind of cool for first place to get a gold medal, but then you could have silver and bronze for the runner ups in each category, simply for this reason. It would suck if Jae got fthe best fic award with 25 votes, but then JasraLantill doesn't even get a mention with 24 votes. See my point? So I thought it would be kind of cool to have gold, silver, and bronze medals instead. But since you are running this, it is entirely up to you. Just thought I would mention it.
 Diego Varen
08-16-2006, 6:31 AM
Just a thought Pottsie. Perhaps you could rename this the 2006 Entertainment center olympics? Would be kind of cool for first place to get a gold medal, but then you could have silver and bronze for the runner ups in each category, simply for this reason. It would suck if Jae got fthe best fic award with 25 votes, but then JasraLantill doesn't even get a mention with 24 votes. See my point? So I thought it would be kind of cool to have gold, silver, and bronze medals instead. But since you are running this, it is entirely up to you. Just thought I would mention it.

One of my favourite writers is here. I wouldn't rename it Olympics, but I could give a pretend to give a Gold Medal, etc. I'll take that idea Renegade.
 igyman
08-16-2006, 2:47 PM
Best Character:-
Best Created Character: Kirabaros from JediMaster12's fics
Best Hero:-
Best Heroine:-
Best Villian: Kyle Katarn from The Way of the Dark Side by Pottsie
Best Villainess: Tara from Mace Windu: Jedi Master Reborn by RC 1162
Best Plot:-
Best Plot Twist: Tara works for Vader from RC's Mace Windu:Jedi Master Reborn
Most Underrated Fic:-
Most Original/Creative Fanfic: Heart of the Guardian by JediMaster12
Most Addictive Fanfic: Adventures of Jolee Bindo by Jae Onasi
Best Sequel:-
Best Trilogy:-
Best Written/Best Grammar: Jae Onasi/JediMaster12/Niner_777
Most Improved Writer:-
Most Improved Fic:-
Best Short Fanfiction: Pookie by Jae Onasi/The Way of the Dark Side by Pottsie
Best Fanfiction:-

(Some of these may be changed later on.)
 HK-42
08-22-2006, 7:46 PM
hey,pottsie just out of curisity ah when does this end

EDIT: ah....

hey pottsie can we add a section the best stopped fic? if so i vote pottsie's recturiction of Darth Malus
 RC-1162
08-22-2006, 7:56 PM
thanksfor the votes, iggy :)

i'll revise my initial votes since many new fics are coming up. expec them sometime tomorrow.

@connor: Pottsie stated that it might be sometime around the end of this year
 Diego Varen
08-23-2006, 3:33 AM
hey,pottsie just out of curisity ah when does this end

EDIT: ah....

hey pottsie can we add a section the best stopped fic? if so i vote pottsie's recturiction of Darth Malus

The Ressurection of Darth Malus was stopped. It wasn't even planned to be a short Fic either. I won't count that. RC is right. This ends early next year.
 igyman
08-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Best Sequel Isn't RC the only person here who has written a sequel?
Best Trilogy Isn't RC the only person here who has written a trilogy?
(Whew, I can finally answer this one)

No, Hall, he isn't. Just check out my sig and you'll know what I mean.
 Diego Varen
09-18-2006, 3:12 AM
Things have slowed down around here. I've decided to add a new catergory. Best Created Character(s). Also when this is over early January, the final winners (The top three, maybe four) will be listed in the catergory.
 igyman
09-18-2006, 5:15 AM
Do I understand correctly, is this category reserved for the characters the fic-writers invented?
 Diego Varen
09-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Do I understand correctly, is this category reserved for the characters the fic-writers invented?

Yes.
 machievelli
09-18-2006, 4:10 PM
Best Sequel Isn't RC the only person here who has written a sequel?

What do you call Star Wars the Beginning and Republic dawn by yours truly My little imaginary friend? Or Alkoniums's trilogy?

As a side note, as per last year I will not vote in this.
 Sabretooth
09-22-2006, 9:16 AM
heh, Indians are tied for the Best Sequel award :D

:D We Indians do have a habit of stretching stuff we like... :D

I see people are starting to like my stuff. I'm especially charmed that I'm in the lead for best plot twist, and that Jaden Korr - Darth Qollous is still turning heads. I'll work up some medals, meanwhile. Winners get to stick them on their fics. :D
 Diego Varen
11-03-2006, 4:40 PM
Well, there is still two months before the final results of the Awards, but here are the top three results in each catergory:

Best Character: 1st Place: Jae Onasi from The Adventures of Jolee Bindo (6), 2nd Place: John Skywalker from The Adventures of John Skywalker (2) and 3rd Place: Max from Amongst the Ruins, W-E5S from Invisible Hope/Victim of Betrayal and Jeez from Betrayal and Retribution: Percieved Reality (All 1)

Best Created Character: None as of yet

Best Hero: 1st Place: Jaden Korr from Jedi Knight: Jedi Heroes, Revan Skywalker from KOTOR III: The Second Sith War (Both 1)

Best Heroine: 1st Place: Jae Onasi from TAOJB (2)

Best Villian: 1st Place: Darth Malus from The Sith Lord (2), 2nd Place: Ralik from Heir of Darkness, Darth Malus the Great from KOTOR III: The Second Sith War and Kyle Katarn from The Way of the Dark Side (All 1)

Best Villainess: 1st Place: Tara [Dark Side] from Mace Windu: Jedi Master Reborn (2)

Best Plot: 1st Place: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo (6), 2nd Place: The Crystal of Life (2) and 3rd Place: Victim of Betrayal (1), Heart of the Guardian: Rise of the Blood King (1), The Sith Lord (1)

Best Plot Twist: 1st Place: In Victim of Betrayal, when Wefive kills Seliqa (3), 2nd Place: In TCOL, when John is Linduu Onasi's father (2) and 3rd Place: Heart of the Guardian: Rise of the Blood King (1), The Adventures of Jolee Bindo (1), HK has no feeling (1), Tara works for Vader in Mace Windu: JMR (1)

Most Underrated Fic: 1st Place: Amongst the Ruins (4), 2nd Place: KOTOR III: The Second Sith War (2) and 3rd Place: Heir of Darkness (1), Never Trust a Hutt: Travels of Kavar Part 1 (1)

Most Original/Creative Fanfic: 1st Place: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo (3) and 2nd Place: The Adventures of John Skywalker (1), The Beginning of the Empire (2), The Droid and the Lightsaber (1), Gremlins (1), Heart of the Guardian (1), Heart of the Guardian: The Blood King (1), Betrayal and Retribution: Percieved Reality (1), Jaden Korr: Darth Qollous (1), The Sith Lord (1)

Most Addictive Fanfic: 1st Place: The Plight of Darkness (7), 2nd Place: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo (3) and 3rd Place: The Sith Lord (2) Other: Jaden Korr – Darth Qollous (1) and Star Wars: Heart of the Guardian (1)

Best Sequel: 1st Place: Galactic Conquest II - Rebel Rebound (2), Victim of Betrayal (2) and 2nd Place: Heart of the Guardian: Rise of the Blood King (1), TAOJS: Philosophy of the Force (1)

Best Trilogy: 1st Place: Heart of the Guardian Trilogy (3)

Best Written/Best Grammar: 1st Place: Jae Onasi (8), 2nd Place: Sabretooth (3), Niner_777 (3) and 2nd Place: machievelli (1), JediMaster12 (1)

Best Writer: 1st Place: Jae Onasi (11), 2nd Place: Sabretooth (3), 3rd Place: ForceFightWMe12 (2), Pottsie (2) and Other: JediMaster12 (1)

Most Improved Writer: 1st Place: Darth Grivis (3)

Most Improved Fic: 1st Place: Amongst the Ruins (2) and 2nd Place: Defiance (1)

Best Short Fanfiction: 1st Place: Shattered Love, Shattered Faith (2), The Way of the Dark Side (2) and 2nd Place: Pookie (1)

Best Fanfiction: 1st Place: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo (7), 2nd Place: The Plight of Darkness (4) and 3rd Place: Victim of Betrayal (1), Heart of the Guardian (1), Heart of the Guardian: Rise of the Blood King (1), Betrayal and Retribution: Percieved Reality (1), The Sith Lord (1), The Crystal of Life (1)
 JediMaster12
11-03-2006, 5:51 PM
Wow. I am surprised people like my stuff. Looks like it was a good year Pottsie. Thanks for posting the results.
 HK-42
11-03-2006, 8:38 PM
Most Improved Writer: 1st Place: Darth Grivis (3)
YEY I WON 1st with the only voter for the subject
Finally the results are up:) good job on getting this up Pottsie
 Jae Onasi
11-03-2006, 9:18 PM
Hey, you still have a little under 2 months to get some more stories in, folks! Make the contest as interesting as possible!
 RC-1162
11-04-2006, 3:23 AM
awesome, i have 2 first places :D

i'll get my final votes up sometime by the end of this month.
 Diego Varen
11-04-2006, 3:42 AM
Currently I have first place with Best Villan. But yeah Jae is right. We still have two months. Keep voting.
 Sabretooth
11-04-2006, 4:56 AM
And, I would recommend people to revise their votes as well. And that reminds me, shouldn't the Ahtonaut awards start shortly?
 Diego Varen
11-04-2006, 6:13 AM
And, I would recommend people to revise their votes as well. And that reminds me, shouldn't the Ahtonaut awards start shortly?

I was considering starting that too, but I thought someone like Hallucination (Hosted it last year) or another frequent Ahtonaut should host it. I'll put my votes there too. There should be a category called Ocassional Ahtonaut. I might get that one. Oh and when the final results are counted, only one winner will get the award, unless it is a tie and the Fics, Writers will recieve links to their Profiles and Fics. Oh and I've also added Best Art, since there has been more art recently.

Edit: My revised Votes (Please note, revised Votes will count, along with the old Votes):

Best Character: Jae Onasi from The Adventures of Jolee Bindo
Best Created Character: Admiral Ancete from Admiral Ancete by Sabretooth
Best Hero: Revan Skywalker from KOTOR III: The Second Sith War by Master Jimmy
Best Heroine: Jae Onasi from The Adventures of Jolee Bindo by Jae Onasi
Best Villian: Darth Qollous from Jaden Korr - Darth Qollous by Sabretooth
Best Villainess: Tara (Dark Side) from Mace Windu: Jedi Master Reborn by RC-1162
Best Plot: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo by Jae Onasi
Best Plot Twist: In The Crystal of Life when John is Linduu Onasi's father
Most Underrated Fic: Amongst the Ruins
Most Original/Creative Fanfic: Darth Yoda: Power of the Dark Side by Darth Grivis
Most Addictive Fanfic: The Plight of Darkness by ForceFightWMe12
Best Sequel: Galactic Conquest II: Rebel Rebound by RC-1162
Best Trilogy: The Heart of the Guardian Trilogy by JediMaster12
Best Written/Best Grammar: Jae Onasi
Most Improved Writer: Darth Grivis/CSI: Nihilus
Most Improved Fic: The CSI series by CSI: Nihilus
Best Art: Torthane's Art
Best Short Fanfiction: Pookie by Jae Onasi
Best Fanfiction: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo by Jae Onasi
 Sabretooth
11-04-2006, 8:02 AM
Edit: My revised Votes (Please note, revised Votes will count, along with the old Votes)

I don't think I got that right. Revised votes will count along with old votes? I think revised votes override your old votes... :confused:
 Hallucination
11-04-2006, 11:59 AM
And that reminds me, shouldn't the Ahtonaut awards start shortly?
I'm going to start it in December, maybe a little earlier than I started it last year.
 HK-42
11-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Most Original/Creative Fanfic: Darth Yoda: Power of the Dark Side by Darth Grivis
Thanks for the vote Pottsie I shall post my revised posts soon.

EDIT: My Revised Votes
Best Character: Darth Malus from the sith lord
Best Hero: jason's jaden from jedi heroes
Best Heroine: Walruseater's Jaden At the end of from Jaden Korr,sith Empress
Best Villian Darth Malus the great
Best Villainess: Walruseater's Darth Eviwy from Jaden Korr,sith Empress
Best Plot The Adventures of Jolee Bindo
Best Plot Twist the crystal of life when Jor-el Kenobi dies
Most Underrated Fic Amongest the ruins
Most Original/Creative Fanfic CSI COURCANT ep 1
Most Addictive Fanfic both the sith lord or Jaden korr/Darth Qollous
Best Sequel The 2nd adventures of John skywalker
Best Trilogy Heart of the Guardian Trilogy
Best Written/Best Grammar Jae Onasi or niner
Best Writer Jae Onasi/Pottsie
Most Improved Fic Amongest The Ruins
Best Short Fanfiction Pottsie's The way of the dark side
Best Fanfiction The sith lord or The Adventures of Jolee Bindo or the crystal of life
 Diego Varen
12-31-2006, 2:35 PM
Hello everyone. Here are the results. Hopefully the Mods will leave it open for discussion before closing it. If anyone wants me to post the runners up, I will when I have time. Enjoy the results and have a Happy New Year, which is in five hours for me.

Best Character: Jae Onasi from The Adventures of Jolee Bindo

Best Hero: Jaden Korr from Jedi Knight: Jedi Heroes/Revan Skywalker from KOTOR III: The Second Sith War

Best Heroine: Jae Onasi from The Adventures of Jolee Bindo

Best Villian: Darth Malus from The Sith Lord

Best Villainess: Tara [Dark Side] from Mace Windu: Jedi Master Reborn

Best Plot: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo

Best Plot Twist: In Victim of Betrayal, when Wefive kills Seliqa

Most Underrated Fic: Amongst the Ruins

Most Original/Creative Fanfic: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo

Most Addictive Fanfic: The Plight of Darkness

Best Sequel: Galactic Conquest II - Rebel Rebound/Victim of Betrayal

Best Trilogy: Heart of the Guardian

Best Written/Best Grammar: Jae Onasi