Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Most Effective Unit

Page: 1 of 1
 Thrawn3.14
07-07-2006, 1:05 PM
In your opinion, which unit is the most effective in its respective category and why? eg. Anti-Air, Anti-Infantry, Artillery.
 YertyL
07-15-2006, 5:15 AM
Definitely MPLTs - that unit is so OP :firehead
 srr
07-15-2006, 11:20 AM
I agree. A pair of those can kill your forces with 1 volley, and you can't charge them b/c the torpedoes are homing. And their robots can sensor ping your base/power gen. for a bombing run. The empire can't counter with air units either.
 wswordsmen
07-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Only way to beat MPTLs is hit them when they are deploying, have an attack force waiting to attack after the MPTL takes out a diversionary force, or AT-ATs.

If your lucky speeders thermal detenators could also work.
 ImpElite
07-24-2006, 10:35 AM
In your opinion, which unit is the most effective in its respective category and why? eg. Anti-Air, Anti-Infantry, Artillery.

well it also depends on what you're trying to defeat with them, like if you want to blow up a bunch of light vehicles all crammed together in one spot then send TIE maulers there to self-destruct.

so I have a N/A vote
 LoveGod
08-10-2006, 9:50 PM
at-at hands down, artillery is effective, but when used right, 1 at-at can destroy an army of artillery for it's dominant power and heavy armor, and the troopers can kill infantry or distract infiltraters so the at-at can squeeze the rebel SCUM out of him :)
 Valter
08-13-2006, 9:30 PM
I think it's a tie between the MPTL and AT-AT.

MPTL's are powerful with those torpedoes and there's no way to defeat them if they are defended by turrets and a repair station unless you use a bombing run.

AT-AT's are very good because of the endless reserve of stormtroopers it has in its' hull and can wipe out most vehicle support with the heavy laser cannons. Not to mention they have the most health of any ground unit.
 Darth MD
08-14-2006, 7:54 AM
yup....the mptl and at-at are definetly the best ground units.....-the mptl should be a little bit weaker cuz it does tremendous amounts of damage on almost everything,and when you play against it it's really annoying.....
 Valter
08-14-2006, 12:14 PM
If the MPTL is weakened then the rebels will have NO chance of winning late in the game. Not that I care, I usually play as the Empire.
Page: 1 of 1