Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Request - New clothing pieces using "underwear" model and textures

Page: 1 of 1
 tygaran
07-03-2006, 3:16 PM
I only have a general idea on how to create custom armor/clothing pieces. I like a number of the "underwear replacement" mods out there, but it's a bit of a pain that you can use only one replacement at a time.

So, what I'm looking for is either an new/existing mod or detailed instructions on how to to create new wearable armor/clothing pieces (upgradable even) which use the base "underwear" model and existing custom "underwear textures."
 tygaran
07-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Don't like responding to myself, but I figured some of this out. Running into a bug though.

Step 1: due to some installed mods, my version of baseitems.2da had a type called "Disguise_Kit" which I altered to use the Body Type A instead of B.

Step 2: Renamed some exiting "underwear" textures to PFBAS04.tga and PFBAS05.tga

Step 3: created two custom items using Body Type 1 and Texture numbers 4 and 5

Step 4: Ran the game and gave myself the two items.

Here's where it got buggy. Simply putting the new items on did nothing, the PC remained in the default "underwear". However, after equipping the the Armored Clothes IV from Redhawk's Bastilla PC Clothes and THEN equipping either of the new items, the PC appeared with the "underwear" using Texture 04. Similarly, equip Armored Clothes V then equip either of my new items and the PC appeared with the 05 texture.

Equipping anything else and then the new items send the appearance back to the defaul "underwear;" probably because they are using texture 01 or something.

Theoretically I guess one could do what Redhawk did and simply change the default model and textures for basic clothing and build new items with body type B. But doing so would conflict with similar mods.

Question is.... How does one efficiently get around or solve this bug?
 ChAiNz.2da
07-04-2006, 7:23 AM
Hey tygaran, since it looks like you have a good grasp on modding details, I'm shifting your request thread down into Holowan Laboratories.

Your bug will likely get more attention here by our fellow modders ;)

Welcome to the Forums! :waive1:
 Darkkender
07-04-2006, 2:14 PM
Ok in the new items uti files there should also be a model variation field make certain that it too is set to 1.

You will also want to double check the appearance.2da file to figure out which body model variation is calling the PFBAS textures. Because if body modelB/TexB are calling it then that would be the reason for your bug.
Page: 1 of 1