Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan and Exile KOTOR 3 Voices

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthOxyClean
06-14-2006, 4:56 PM
(i dont know if this has been discussed before)

IF Revan and the Exile appeared in KOTOR 3, then they would need voice acting. Well, i thought that the people who did the voiceacting for Revan and the Exile (for when they had to say stuff like "Yes?" and "No problem" and the other small sentences) could also do the voice acting for them in KOTOR 3, exept they talk in actual conversations.

EDIT: As there is no voice for the Exile, just focus on Revan's voice. I must pay more attention in the future.

Do you think they should do that?
Or should they get new people?
 The Doctor
06-14-2006, 4:57 PM
There was absolutely no voice for the Exile, male or female.
 DarthOxyClean
06-14-2006, 4:59 PM
Ah. I obviously did not pay much attention to the Exile. I guess i just assumed he had a voice. My bad.
 Diego Varen
06-14-2006, 5:02 PM
I know Revan had a voice while battling people on KOTOR, but I don't think that Revan and the Exile should have voices. It would be stupid to see them again (if you do) and they start talking with a voice. I'd be wondering how they finally decided to talk.
 RedHawke
06-14-2006, 10:54 PM
I hate to burst your bubble there, but we will not likely see either Revan or the Exile in KotOR III, as their stories are complete, we will find out about their fates likely through the game, but I highly doubt we will see them, let alone talk to them.

Too many possibilities and appearances, sorry.
 DarthOxyClean
06-15-2006, 8:33 AM
And that would be why i said:

IF Revan and the Exile appeared in KOTOR 3

:laugh6:
 darklord_malak
06-15-2006, 2:22 PM
revan, didn't he have a voice
 DarthOxyClean
06-15-2006, 4:11 PM
Yes, Revan had a voice. He only talked when you made him do some thing:

Task: Open locker/cylinder/etc.
Revan: "No problem"

When you switched to him:
Revan: "Yes?' or "What is it?"

And so on and so forth.
 Browny11uk
06-15-2006, 4:20 PM
Of course they shoudl have voices 100% & i think we shoudl definetly see revan but wot about the exile wed have to probs type wot his/her name was in kotor 2 cos we **** be going roun the exile has be gone for 3 years etc
 DarthOxyClean
06-15-2006, 4:40 PM
Of course they shoudl have voices 100% & i think we shoudl definetly see revan but wot about the exile wed have to probs type wot his/her name was in kotor 2 cos we **** be going roun the exile has be gone for 3 years etc

:coffee: Sorry I don't speak Computer-Talk. but I understood what he said until:

we **** be going roun the exile has be gone for 3 years etc

So could you please clear that part up for me? Thanks.

I agree, they definitly need voices, but my question was asking if Revan should be voiced by the same voice actor/actress who voiced their small lines (such as battle crys, and small mumbles) in KOTOR 1.
 Lord Foley
06-18-2006, 5:10 PM
Revan had a voice in the first game. And giving the exile a voice won't be a big deal. I really hope they do appear in the game.
 ExileRevan
06-18-2006, 7:41 PM
I agree, Revan's voice was just like a few small phrases nothing major like sentances.
The Exile was very screwed up in this sence because those people at Obsidan didnt respect the first companies game workings (whatever the name was). I think it should be a similar set up for Revan in KOTOR 2. You say sometime in the begining that they were for instance both males. They hire 2 male voice actors (obviously) and that is their voices simple as that.
 Lord Foley
06-18-2006, 10:46 PM
But Revan's voice has to be the same as the first game, or else the first game will feel very weird to play, and vice versa.
 Revan435
06-19-2006, 12:31 AM
no revan and the exile (if they appear in kotor III) should not have voice acting takes all the fun out of it to me makes it less of an rpg i guess
 RobQel-Droma
06-19-2006, 1:01 PM
This is a part I really don't know about. I have no clue how Revan and the Exile are even going to fit in K3 without making it a potentially big disaster. If TSL was still about Revan, and no new character was introduced, then it wouldn't be a problem. But now I don't know how you could introduce Revan & The Exile into K3, especially since both seemed to have gone off and disappeared in the Unknown Regions. But then again, how would it be if they just vanished, and nothing was ever resolved about them? Besides, I hear that K3 is supposed to "pick up many years after TSL", so....
 Lord Foley
06-19-2006, 4:30 PM
no revan and the exile (if they appear in kotor III) should not have voice acting takes all the fun out of it to me makes it less of an rpg i guess
How so?
 Henz
06-19-2006, 5:24 PM
They die. You are told. End of. lol
 Darth InSidious
06-19-2006, 5:39 PM
If they have voices, they are no longer unique to each individual. No thanks.
 RobQel-Droma
06-19-2006, 6:03 PM
Darth InSid has a good point. People won't be happy if Revan and the Exile aren't the kind of Revan and Exile that they played as, or invisioned them as. (My "potentially big disaster")
 TKA-001
06-19-2006, 7:41 PM
They should have Revan somewhere, and maybe the Exile, or a Force Ghost of Kreia. No matter which they do, I wouln't lose any sleep over Exile/Revan looking different then how I played him.

their stories are complete

Their stories are far from complete. We have no idea where Revan is and what he's doing, and the same thing with the Exile too (who I believe in Star Wars canon followed Revan into the unknown regions), so we should see something of one of them.
 Revan435
06-20-2006, 12:20 PM
If they have voices, they are no longer unique to each individual. No thanks.

my point exactly
 RedHawke
06-21-2006, 1:56 AM
I wouln't lose any sleep over Exile/Revan looking different then how I played him.
But this is just what you feel, rembeber that when designing a RPG you have to cater to quite a bit of differeing player types. Many would not like this.

Hence why we didn't 'see' our LS or DS Revan's in TSL and will not 'see' either The Exile or Revan in a potential KotOR III.
 DarthOxyClean
06-21-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't think that you people understand my question. Let me explain:

Yes, the only lines Revan had in KOTOR were small lines. Lets say, for example, Rino Romano was the voice actor for Revan's small lines in the first KOTOR. (Just go along with it) In KOTOR 3, IF Revan appears in KOTOR 3 as a NPC, should Rino Romano do the voice acting for Revan's new lines, whether the new lines are big or small???

That is what I was asking. I am not saying that Revan is going to be in KOTOR 3, I am saying

IF Revan appears in KOTOR 3

I am posting this because (judging by the majority of the replys) most people wrongly thought I was asking if Revan and the Exile should have voice actors.

Sorry.
 W_Darkshadow
07-12-2006, 5:56 AM
If I may introduce this little number to you all. At the begining of the game, allow you to recreate a basic character profile from the previous games, I think people would be happy. The only determining factor would be if they were male or female. Obviously you dont want the Male characters to sound like Mike Tyson, and you dont want the female to sound like Barry White... But either way, I dont think it would be weird at all.

If I had a say in who I think Revan should be voiced by, I would say someone with a powerful voice and presence, even through just the voice. I would go with Alec Baldwin who was fantastic as "The Shadow" in playing both a normal good person and a sadistic mad man in the role. So I think he could do well to play both evil and good alignments. For a female persona to Revan, I could would have to say that the same style of personality existed since Revan is/ was a Dark Lord of the Sith... So I would opt for someone like Maria Canals who does a marvelous job as the voice of Hawk Girl on Justice League.

In regards to the Exile... Hmmmm, this one might be tough. But according to the story, the Exile was someone who was very personal. He/ she was a General and commanded people and took the repurcussions of the events during the war very personally. For a Female character, I would go with Clare Forlani... I think she holds a very indearing quality for the lightside female... But I question if she can be evil enough for the Sith background. In regards to male exile... I can only think of one person, Kevin Conroy who was the voice of the Dark Knight for both Justice League and Batman. Seems to me, the batman intellect and darkness might make for a good production of a General and still a lonely figure making the hard decisions. I dont know if there would be much heart as Batman seemed very cold. But the Exile always struck me as such aswell.

Just thought I would throw that out there. If you dont know who those folks are, you can check them out on www.imdb.com)
 RC-1162
07-12-2006, 9:18 AM
Darth InSid has a good point. People won't be happy if Revan and the Exile aren't the kind of Revan and Exile that they played as, or invisioned them as. (My "potentially big disaster")

what about you can pick Revan's and/or Exile's portraits before the game starts, just like you pick your own?

i think i'd prefer the same voice of revan from K1.
 Jediphile
07-12-2006, 10:42 AM
I want to be able to choose both gender, alignment, portrait, and jedi class for both Revan and the Exile in K3!

And I agree that Revan should have the same voice as in K1.
 Davinq
07-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I want to be able to choose both gender, alignment, portrait, and jedi class for both Revan and the Exile in K3!

And I agree that Revan should have the same voice as in K1.
Of course, but how would we customize it in a more sutle manner? If at the beginning of the game, we are creating three characters, a lot of people are gonna be like "what the hell?"
 T.Nova
07-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Not only that... but customizing Revan or the Exile before you head into the game gives off the secret that they would be included. Their stories are complete however... whatever they do in the UR can easily be wrapped up without actually having the see them, let alone speak with them.
Page: 1 of 1