Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Thrawn confirmed!!

Page: 2 of 2
 ImpElite
08-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Ummm... Maybe... Anyway this isn't a Thrawn History contest. :)
 PoiuyWired
08-08-2006, 1:57 PM
I wonder if the Imps will have "Mutated Rancors" as pets on some planets. (or what they called Sith Alchemical Warbeasts"
 Elryc
08-14-2006, 2:50 AM
Thrawn was skilled at using what he had in ways most people would never have thought off, such as using a cloaked ship to make it appear as though his Star Destroyers had weapons that could bypass a planetary shield. Additionally, read the short story Side Trip in Tales from the Empire to see Thrawn set up one heck of a ploy.

And Kre'Fey!? He doesn't even rate on the level of Thrawn, Antilles, and Ackbar. He barely rates on the Ozzel level :-P
 ExileRevan
08-16-2006, 8:20 PM
If Thrawn is included I do wonder if the Nogrhi are to be included in this Expansion.
 ImpElite
08-17-2006, 9:07 AM
If Thrawn is included I do wonder if the Nogrhi are to be included in this Expansion.

MMMMMM.... Gives me something to wonder about, good question!
 Darth Anarch
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM
They will be, at least as indigenous natives. Their homeworld of Honoghr is included in the Galactic map, and I imagine you'll run into Noghri there. If they'll be a recruitable unit... I don't know, but I doubt it. We've heard about most of the new Imperial units by now, I think.
 Valter
08-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Have all 13 new planets been revealed yet?
 Darth Anarch
08-18-2006, 5:15 PM
I think I saw a list somewhere, but I don't know if all 13 were on it. Or even if it was correct.
 Valter
08-18-2006, 11:23 PM
You probably saw the list on Wookiepedia but we all know they are unreliable at best.

So far I've seen Honoghr, Felucia, Mandolore, Bespin(cloud city), The Maw, Kamino, Seleucami and Hypori and that's about it. I heard Utapau and Mustafar are also supposed to be in the game.
 PoiuyWired
08-20-2006, 5:30 PM
Bespin is already in it?

Now supposedly, if the galaxy gun incident would ever be mentioned, its victim targets would also be.

Also... we know Witches would be in it, and quite some possability with some Unknown Region Planets??

Well the Planet where Emperor/Master Brand stayed in be on the map? How about that place where the Iron Knights stayed in?
 wedge2211
08-20-2006, 8:41 PM
Also... we know Witches would be in it, and quite some possability with some Unknown Region Planets??
I think Dathomir is one of the confirmed new planets, but I'm not sure about that.
 Valter
08-20-2006, 9:54 PM
Bespin is already in it?

I assume you didn't mean that as an interogative. Bespin may already be in the game but now Petroglyph is adding a land battle (Cloud City).
 jedi jim 1989
08-31-2006, 1:13 PM
umm, im kninda new, but ive been reading the eu books recently, and as far as i could tell thrawn wasnt anything brilliant at all. if you ask me it was mainly experience, i mean he was the one who destroyed the outbound flight project which i do believe was before the clone wars?? any ways i would say that his studyin of art to decide what to do in combat did help but only very little, i would say it was mainly all experience e.g. when they atacked coruscant and launched those asteroids. he knew that it wwas a corrliean in charge when he pulled the dreadnaughts back. not through there art but by seeing them do similar things before.

well thats my thoughts. please dont flame me if there uncomprehendible
 Darth Anarch
08-31-2006, 2:38 PM
umm, im kninda new, but ive been reading the eu books recently, and as far as i could tell thrawn wasnt anything brilliant at all. if you ask me it was mainly experience, i mean he was the one who destroyed the outbound flight project which i do believe was before the clone wars?? any ways i would say that his studyin of art to decide what to do in combat did help but only very little, i would say it was mainly all experience e.g. when they atacked coruscant and launched those asteroids. he knew that it wwas a corrliean in charge when he pulled the dreadnaughts back. not through there art but by seeing them do similar things before.

well thats my thoughts. please dont flame me if there uncomprehendible
I suspect most people here (who have read Timothy Zahn's trilogy) would disagree with you, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

The "proof" of Thrawn's genius was that he was always at least two steps ahead of his opponents, not that he was able to tell what species an opposing tactician was based on his manoeuvres in battle. Like a world-class chess player Thrawn could think farther ahead than almost anyone else, seeing every possible move and thinking up a counter for it beforehand. That is the very definition of strategic/tactical brilliance.
 wedge2211
08-31-2006, 4:44 PM
I never liked the art thing, or the way Zahn cast certain species as using certain specific tactics. Or, for that matter, each species having only one kind of art. Humans are more adaptable than that, why shouldn't other races be, too?

All Thrawns strategies seemed, to me, to revolve not around outmaneuvering his opponents but out-gimmicking them. Cloaking devices, mole miners, clones, ysalamiri asteroids...if you really look at it, all Thrawns great "strategies" really boiled down to him getting ahold of some useful gadget before his enemies. The reason he lost in the end was that the New Republic finally got ahead of Thrawn's technology curve and was finally able to anticipate and counter his actions.
 Darth Anarch
08-31-2006, 4:51 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with you; I, too, always thought that the art-thing was a bit oversimplified. That being said, it wasn't so much that Thrawn had better technology, but that he thought of new and unprecedented ways of using it.
 PoiuyWired
08-31-2006, 7:54 PM
Well, its actually a bit of both, tactical abilities plus innovative use of (sometimes strange) technology he can muster.

Though I have to agree that the whole "art thing" applies little except when it comes to dealing with a less understood species.
Page: 2 of 2