Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bi-Curious George? Brokeback Bush?

Page: 1 of 1
 SkinWalker
06-06-2006, 12:10 PM
http://bushssecretlifein84.tripod.com/)

Candidate for Governor of Nevada, Leola McConnell (http://mcconnellforgovernor.com/) has accused the President of being bisexual!

Now, granted, she's not just any gubernatorial candidate -she was a dominatrix in the BDSM scene in Vegas, but, nevertheless, the top link is an interesting read.

This situation took place in 1984 in the State of Tennessee. It concerns a 41 year old woman [currently residing in Las Vegas], Victor Ashe and George Bush's encounter in 1984 during the senate debates between Al Gore, Jr., Victor Ashe and Ed McAteer. She was invited to come to Tennessee by Victor Ashe. While attending one of these debates she spoke briefly with Ed McAteer (Senatorial candidate in 1984 who debated alongside Al Gore, Jr. and Victor Ashe, and was responsible in part for the emergence of the Religious Right).

and

The Las Vegas woman was paid $15,000 to arrange sexual liaisons involving bisexual men for George W. Bush (then private citizen) and Victor Ashe (then a Tennessee State Senator). These adulterous bisexual affairs (3 encounters in all-3 different cities) took place in the state of Tennessee during the 1984 senate debates between, Al Gore, Jr., Victor Ashe and Ed McAteer. An African-American woman was invited to participate in this adulterous sexual encounter with George W. Bush and Victor Ashe immediately following the Chattanooga senatorial debate. This woman was paid $1,500. A few years later the Las Vegas woman was detained in Washington D.C. with Victor Ashe by the Metro D.C. police. She was released but Victor was taken into custody.

and, finally:

Bush & Co. will no doubt tell the world she's insane, politically motivated thus concocting this for smear reasons. She is of sound mind and body and welcomes all inquires from the mainstream media. This woman deeply laments not having come forward back in 2000 when then Governor Bush was running for the highest office in the land against [ironically] Vice President Al Gore, Jr.

Of course, the lock-step of the "party of god" in this forum will dismiss the accusations as a matter of course. Even I maintain my skepticism, but I also charge that if its fair game to question a decorated war hero who actually served his country in the spirit of politics, then its fair game to question the motives of a President that seeks to drive wedge issues like same-sex marriage into the forefront of politics during an election season in an appeal to his religious followers.

I could personally care less if Bush is gay. But if he's hiding in the closet and pushing anti-gay sentiments, inspiring continued hatred (the kind that gets kids beat to death by gay bashers with maddox handles), then the issue deserves inquiry.

That, and the title of the tread makes me laugh. :)
 CapNColostomy
06-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Well, who better than a homosexual to decide what's good for homosexuals? I'm a bit confused about George Bush inspiring someone to use Maddox Handles to beat gay children to death though. You'd think I might have heard something about that.
 edlib
06-06-2006, 2:38 PM
Some of the claims do seem a little far fetched...

But if any of it does turn out to be true, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. And I doubt it would ultimately make any difference, either.

After all: there were a number of people who went hammers-and-tongs after Bill Clinton's weak morals, for allegedly puffing on a doobie once in college at a party (in the 60's!!!) but who never showed any other signs of chemical dependency after that,... who then went on to later support G.W. whole-hog, who admittedly had all kinds of substance-abuse issues, legal and illegal, and by all accounts was pretty much on a several-decade bender.

The level of hypocrisy in political circles almost never fails to disappoint me. Just take the examples of Bennett, Limbaugh, and O'Rielly.
 rccar328
06-06-2006, 4:27 PM
I would be surprised if it were proven to be true, but not too concerned...after all, I won't be voting Bush in '08 anyway.

And edlib, hypocracy isn't limited to the right. Add Michael Moore, Noam Chomsky, & Hillary Clinton to that little list of yours.
 edlib
06-06-2006, 4:36 PM
Sure... no problem. I'm not exactly a huge fan of any of those folks.

There's more than enough to go around... on all sides.
 TK-8252
06-06-2006, 4:36 PM
This is kinda like how the Soviets accused Hitler of being part Jewish. :p
 DarkStarMojo
06-14-2006, 1:04 PM
George Bush isn't a homosexual. He's....

crab people. :xp:

Sorry.
 ShadowTemplar
06-22-2006, 8:23 AM
I would be surprised if it were proven to be true, but not too concerned...after all, I won't be voting Bush in '08 anyway.

And edlib, hypocracy isn't limited to the right. Add Michael Moore, Noam Chomsky, & Hillary Clinton to that little list of yours.

http://winace.andkon.com/pics/red_herring.jpg)

For that matter, DailyKos has a nice article on the same subject. Too lazy to dig it out, though...
 Kurgan
07-02-2006, 3:42 AM
Page: 1 of 1