Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Texas Taliban?

Page: 1 of 1
 SkinWalker
06-06-2006, 11:44 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/DN-gopreligion_04tex.ART.State.Edition1.903cb29.html)

In a "melding of church and state," the GOP met in San Antonio, Texas on Saturday.

At Saturday morning's prayer meeting, party leader Tina Benkiser assured them that God was watching over the two-day confab.

"He is the chairman of this party," she said against a backdrop of flags and a GOP seal with its red, white and blue logo.

Among the theocratic ramblings were:

"This is not a political disagreement. This is a religious disagreement."

"Lord, your words tell us there's a sign that this nation is under a curse, when the alien who lives among us grows higher and higher and we grow lower and lower."

"We pledge to exert our influence toward a return to the original intent of the First Amendment and dispel the myth of the separation of church and state."

"America is a Christian nation" and "God is undeniable in our history and is vital to our freedom."

God is the chairman of the Republican Party? Wouldn't that make the GOP the "party of god?" In Arabic, it's translated to Hezbolah. If you change the word "christian" to the word "muslim," the article looks like it might be describing a religious party in Pakistan, formerly of Afghanistan.
 TK-8252
06-06-2006, 4:43 PM
Heh it's just funny to read those quotes. They're so completely opposite of reality.
 Samnmax221
06-06-2006, 4:59 PM
Religious factions will go on imposing their will on others unless the decent people connected to them recognize that religion has no place in public policy. They must learn to make their views known without trying to make their views the only alternatives.
-Barry Goldwater
(Good ol' Au H2O)
 toms
06-07-2006, 7:15 AM
As i've said on numerous threads before, and won't go into detail about here as the first post pretty much demonstates it, its always amazed me that the people who most vehmently attack religious governments in the middle east seem to be the people who want to impose a comparable system in the USA.
 Darth Methos
06-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Insurrection. Besides myself, does anyone else know what this means?
 Tyrion
06-11-2006, 12:45 PM
"Lord, your words tell us there's a sign that this nation is under a curse, when the alien who lives among us grows higher and higher and we grow lower and lower,"

Yeah, none of those aliens from Mexico believe in God...it'd be a whole lot easier to believe they have sincere intentions if they only had names like Jesus or Maria...
 toms
06-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Insurrection. Besides myself, does anyone else know what this means?

Star trek film?

"Lord, your words tell us there's a sign that this nation is under a curse, when the alien who lives among us grows higher and higher and we grow lower and lower,"

Maybe its a sign that he doesn't like you any more and wants to take away your lands and give them to the "aliens"? He was quite fond of that if i remember.
Mind you, god always seems to be on both sides.
 Samnmax221
06-12-2006, 2:00 PM
Maybe its a sign that he doesn't like you any more and wants to take away your lands and give them to the "aliens"? He was quite fond of that if i remember.
What's that supposed to mean?
 edlib
06-12-2006, 3:03 PM
In the old testament it's the reason given that the Israelites went so long without a homeland. They would turn thier hearts away from God... and then face an invasion and exile, when thier land went for years in the hands of various empires (Babylonian and Roman being the most notable.)
 toms
06-12-2006, 3:05 PM
It means maybe god has abandoned the US and is giving your lands to the mexican "aliens". If you read the bible he was quite partial to wiping out whole civilisations that offended him or lapsed in their devotion.. and surplanting them with more loyal followers.

I suddenly have a desire to dig out Populous...
 Samnmax221
06-12-2006, 3:16 PM
I kinda figured it had something to do with Isreal
Page: 1 of 1