Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

One question about M4-78

Page: 1 of 1
 Fiestainabox
06-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Question 1:

Today, I realized I had a copy of kotor on xbox and a copy of kotor for PC, naturally i was a little inclined to go check out the goodies left on the disk, it was when i was searching through the modules folder in the disk, that i realized the droid planet modules are there, so I copied them down to my PC version and had a look around, most of it was pretty boring, but there were a few little this i found AMAZING. for example, the m4-78 dude sits in a room that looks exactly like the control room from Halo 1, but i was more interested in the actuall M4-78. he happened to be sitting there, floating around, I check kotor tool and found his .UTC sitting there and working fully. Now my question is, since the TSLRP is doing it, could I use the Modules and files from M4 78 in a mod and not get sued?

If you've never seen M4-78, I made a screen, http://i5.tinypic.com/11sfeau.jpg)

Also, if you want to see more of m4-78, i can bring more of my screens, I don't think TSLRP released the droid planet modules, just the Droid factory.
 Darth InSidious
06-05-2006, 2:30 PM
1) The TSL Restoration Project are NOT restoring the Droid Planet, but the Droid Factory.

2) You can download the modules from www.pcgamemods.com)

3) Provided you use them in KotOR II: TSL, then you will probably not be sued. But since no-one has released a mod using them yet, we can't be certain. However, there has been plenty of discussion on this topic, and LA have yet to say anything to anyone...so it's probably safe :)
 Fiestainabox
06-05-2006, 2:33 PM
All right, I'll take a look into it, thanks for your help.
 Darth InSidious
06-05-2006, 2:48 PM
No problem :)
 Pavlos
06-05-2006, 3:05 PM
1) The TSL Restoration Project are NOT restoring the Droid Planet, but the Droid Factory.

But we (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163381) are. It should be thought of as more of a recreation than a restoration - there isn't that much to actually restore. We have had to manufacture most of the story; which I feel is the heart and soul of modding.
 RedHawke
06-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Now my question is, since the TSLRP is doing it, could I use the Modules and files from M4 78 in a mod and not get sued?
Just an FYI, just because someone uses a module in a modification first or claims that they are, modules that were originally created by the original game makers anyway, doesn't give them any extra rights to it. ;)
Page: 1 of 1