Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hot discovery! Get anywhere instead of walking on it

Page: 1 of 1
 Grim_comician
06-03-2006, 9:00 AM
When I've played Grim Fandango, I've pushed SHIFT+P by mistake and guess what...? I'm ending up somewhere else! Same happens if you do it in any locations... except while in conversation or some places that does seem to not have that function able, like at the pearl. Of course, some inventory bugs would appear for some unbelonging items in that year.
 Thrik
06-03-2006, 9:57 AM
That's actually pretty well known. :~

You can also use shift+n to go back a room, plus many others. They're all debug commands, and debug mode is enabled by default I believe if you use Benny's launcher. If you want a big list of all the commands, click the 'Debug Keys' option on the launcher instead of going right into the game — plenty of fun to be had! :)
 Grim_comician
06-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Oh, I see. It's just that this is barely mentioned in this forum, so I thought that not many people knew about it.
 Scorpicus
06-03-2006, 11:07 AM
I didn't know about it :p
 VampireNaomi
06-03-2006, 1:32 PM
Me neither. This is all news to me. :)
 Samnmax221
06-03-2006, 1:35 PM
I knew there we debug commands but I thought all they could do was put it in noir mode and such
 elbiolin
06-04-2006, 5:38 AM
With Shift + P you go forth one room and with Shift + N you go back one room.
A detailed list for many debug commands could be found at this address:

http://dod.dotagame.com/hacking.php)
 Yohein
06-04-2006, 5:55 AM
Once, I accidentally pressed Shift + P and each time y entered the game, I appeared in an advanced room. I couldn't start the game from the beggining properly :blast5:
 James Isaac
06-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Once, I accidentally pressed Shift + P and each time y entered the game, I appeared in an advanced room. I couldn't start the game from the beggining properly :blast5:

I believe that's what happens with the original developer mode patch (before it was packaged with bgbennyboy's launcher), and also in some early version of his launcher. However, in the latest version (http://dod.dotagame.com/other_downloads.php) he fixed it so there's now a working new game feature.
Page: 1 of 1