Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question regarding trailers

Page: 1 of 1
 UDM
05-29-2006, 8:57 AM
If let's say I rip out some music files from the base pk3s for a trailer I'm doing, but cite Raven and Lucasarts in the credits, am I still considered infringing copyrights?
 KMan
05-30-2006, 12:21 PM
If you distribute it to other people, or make it available for other people to view/download- yes.
 UDM
05-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks. However, most trailers out there do contain music from Jedi Academy one way or another, as well as sounds. It's rare that casual gamers who want to record their games eg. duels, will want to turn off the music. How come that isn't plagiarism?

I just looked through the plagiarism page on jk2files. It says here:

We should make it clear that any music mod that is not integrated into the game will be rejected. This includes mods that have a bunch of music and tell you to use a console command to play them. We are not Napster and Jedi Academy is not a media player. I repeat, these mods will be rejected, so please don't even send them.

In that case, wouldn't trailers be considered being partially "integrated" too?

Just wish to clarify, thanks! :)
 KMan
05-30-2006, 3:02 PM
This isn't jk2files.
 razorace
06-13-2006, 1:37 AM
Raven is on the record stating that they don't mind their assets being used in mods made for their games.
Page: 1 of 1