Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

One thing you'd change

Page: 1 of 1
 Scorpicus
05-13-2006, 2:55 PM
So if you could change one thing in Grim Fandango - what it would be? Take perfection to the next level: Uber Ultimate Supertastic Perfection!! :nut:

I would change the glitchy lifts.
 James Isaac
05-13-2006, 4:07 PM
I would change it so that the balloon twister did let you through his tent ;)
 Grim_comician
05-14-2006, 5:40 AM
Scorpicus> There is an official GF patch that fixes that elevator glitch, so it's already done.
Anyway, I'd like to fix the scythe problem that you won't have it in Year 3 after you've jammed the food closet in High roller's lounge.
 Scorpicus
05-14-2006, 6:38 AM
Scorpicus> There is an official GF patch that fixes that elevator glitch, so it's already done.
Anyway, I'd like to fix the scythe problem that you won't have it in Year 3 after you've jammed the food closet in High roller's lounge.

Excerllentae! :thmbup1:

Well then, I'd better better change my answer: I would change Nick going to hell! How could they do that to the coolest charachter in the game? It sickens me...
 Thrik
05-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Justice.
 VampireNaomi
05-14-2006, 12:33 PM
As I said in this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=146258) thread, I'd like to make Year 3 more interactive and insert more characters you could talk to. While the whole Manny/Meche angle in the third year was interesting, that year failed to touch me emotionally in the same way the other years did.

And I agree with you about Nick! I guess he deserved it, but damn, he was so cool. When I saw him in the train I thought he'd play a big part in Year 4 and was SO disappointed when he went down with the train.
 Scorpicus
05-14-2006, 1:55 PM
I love the way you gently imply: "YOU STOLE MY THREAD YOU CRETIN!!"
 Shuz
05-14-2006, 9:01 PM
- Bring back Domino's lost dialogue in year 3
- add more El Marrow content
 Shuz
05-14-2006, 9:02 PM
- bring back Domino's lost dialogue in year 3
- add more year 1 El Marrow content
 Samnmax221
05-15-2006, 1:38 AM

I'll drink to that

I'd also like more characters, more locations, and to fix the scyth glitch

I ask a little much don't I
 VampireNaomi
05-15-2006, 2:01 AM
I love the way you gently imply: "YOU STOLE MY THREAD YOU CRETIN!!"

Of course. I think it's the first time I've been able to do that. :D
 Tall Guy
05-16-2006, 3:19 PM
I would change it so that the balloon twister did let you through his tent ;)awww me too dude hehe when i saw pics of the demo i couldnt wait to get into that carnival! i spent about 3 hours trying to find a way through in case id missed something...
 igyman
05-19-2006, 5:36 AM
The only thing I'd change is this - I WOULD want to make GF2, unlike Lucas Arts.
 I say, I say
05-19-2006, 2:31 PM
Though I liked how you were thrown into different environments after a time-change ie Year 1-2, I would like to know how certain characters developed with Manny. I suppose Lola's death scene would have been more emotional had we known more abt her. Also I'd like to see more of what happened that last night in El Marrow; perhaps from Salvador's perspective.
 Frenkieee
05-23-2006, 8:28 AM
The only thing I'd change is this - I WOULD want to make GF2, unlike Lucas Arts.
Amen to that!
 King Dando
05-24-2006, 9:33 AM
I would want to see more of El Marrow in year one, most notably so, the festival, that would of been awesome. Also I was looking forward to Puerto Zapato, but I never saw it :(

I would of liked more locations, like a small town between the petrified forest and Rubacava, or a small island area in the Sea of Lament? and perhaps a bigger gap between the years instead of just a cutscene.
 Yohein
05-24-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure, but maybe I would give Copal a bigger part in the story. I love that character, and when he died so early, I was a bit dissapointed. I would have given him another oportunity to screw up :D and Hector would have shot him :D
 Chris]#
06-01-2006, 11:10 AM
- Bring back Domino's lost dialogue in year 3
You mean when he talks to Manny in his office at the edge of the world? That's there for me, which is funny because I don't remember it being there last time I properly played the game which was about 3 years ago :smash:
 Scorpicus
06-01-2006, 12:56 PM
That dialog comes and goes for me, sometimes its there and sometimes it not.
 poinsettia
06-02-2006, 5:49 AM
I would want to see more of El Marrow in year one, most notably so, the festival, that would of been awesome. Also I was looking forward to Puerto Zapato, but I never saw it :(

I would of liked more locations, like a small town between the petrified forest and Rubacava, or a small island area in the Sea of Lament? and perhaps a bigger gap between the years instead of just a cutscene.

I agree with you. Maybe not a whole town but just one big expensive house? Maybe some sort of 1920's modern white house with floor to celling windows and flat roof?

Maybe a door is left open Mannie can go into the modern house take some items and talk to the person who lives there...
 Yohein
06-02-2006, 2:59 PM
I would also like to see one of those Cat Races from a bit closer. The picture Lola gives you of one race is impressive.
 itchythesamurai
06-02-2006, 4:52 PM
I would've liked the cheat that made Manny fly to have actually worked.
 Grim_comician
06-03-2006, 7:08 AM
The flying cheat? I've read about it in the cheatbook, but I'd rather think it's a bull****. Flying would be pointless in Grim Fandango.
 Yohein
06-03-2006, 7:38 AM
Well, it would help to avoid all the Year 2. Manny would have reached the ship if he could fly :D :D
So, it's not useless... it's worse, because Year 2 is one of the best years :D
 Grim_comician
06-03-2006, 8:55 AM
That would be a change on the plot. It's just too bad that it doesn't even exist... for you.
 urluckyday
06-10-2006, 6:44 PM

That'd definitely be my top choice...I always wanted to go interact with the other people on the other side...but we can always dream...
 Nick Virago
07-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Change? when you reach perfection, you better leave it that way.
 Abbath
07-21-2006, 10:07 AM
I would change the tent in El Marrow so you can walk and see the festival
 Quoththeraven
08-04-2006, 3:57 AM
Apart from me being there? More Domino, definatley. ( sorry. I really can't spell) Although I do love his death scene (double death? somthing like that) I would love to have a chance to really see him in all his arrogant glory. Considering he's one of Manny's worst enimies, and really a motive for the theft that started it all, we don't see much of him.
 Smon
08-04-2006, 4:08 AM
...now that you mention it, I do wanna see a scene where Hector first asks Domino to be his right hand man.
 Grim_comician
08-04-2006, 8:20 AM
I'd also like to see some shots of Manny's in his past time in the DOD as a successful salesman till Don and Domino came in.
 coat check girl
08-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I'd like to know more about Olivia and more of Dom's pet octopus.
Page: 1 of 1