Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How will the the new time frame work in Galactic Conquest mode?

Page: 1 of 1
 aggie_john
05-12-2006, 5:57 PM
I wonder how the time frame will work in galactic conquest mode. Meaning will the rebels still be able to have Obiwon and yoda? Will The Empire be able to build a DS and a DS II or will you have to choice between the two times. IE Before the destruction of the death star or after? :smash:
 Darth Anarch
05-12-2006, 6:40 PM
I read somewhere that in the new campaign the characters who died in A New Hope (Obi-Wan, Tarkin etc.) will no longer be available. However they will still be available in Galactic Conquest mode.
 jake123456
05-14-2006, 6:59 PM
Does that mean that in the Galactic conquest mode we will be able to build two death stars. One that can only destroy planets and th other one that can fire on capital ships too?
 Darth Anarch
05-15-2006, 6:48 AM
I would guess so, but I don't know for certain.
 The_Eradicator
05-15-2006, 7:19 AM
i dont think that the two Deah stars will be available, since the DSII is an upgrade of the DS1... so why would they make a DS I with a known weakness when you can make a DSII with no known weaknesses when completed
 TronusNavigon
05-15-2006, 3:43 PM
Well, with proper editing of the Galactic Conquest files (specifically the PLOT files) you can set which heros you want to enter you campaign and when. This includes the Death Stars.

It would be nice to only be able to construct DSII if DSI was destroyed. Considering DSII is able to knock out Capital Ships making it very, very handy in battles and DSI is pretty much useless save for destroying planets, the Empire could play there DSI loosely and arrogantly (sort of like Tarkin ;) ) -- and wouldn't that be a hoot, if DSI dies, so does Tarkin and all his arrogance...

I look forward to this expansion now....
 aggie_john
05-16-2006, 2:16 AM
Still I wonder, try to imagine a land battle with Obiwon, Luke, and Yoda. Thats alot of jedi power there. I hope that the battles dont become hero only fights. Not that I dont love Jedi and Sith dueling it out. But perhaps they need to reconsider the punishment issue in reguards to a hero dieing. LIke making them die completely a option.
Page: 1 of 1