Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Foc featuring units we havnt thought of?

Page: 1 of 1
 The_Eradicator
05-12-2006, 4:44 AM
Since EAW is all about attacking and countering... we know that the TIE interceptor will be here to counter the A Wing (the Tie scout is more like countering Z95s lol )... and the TIE Defender will be the equivalent of the B Wing... but what will counter the TIE V38 Phantom ?? The E Wing? what else??
 The_Eradicator
05-12-2006, 4:54 AM
Update : from gamespot preview

''During a ground battle on the new planet of Felucia, for example, we witnessed a force-using nightsister''

Could this mean Dathomir will be in as a new planet?
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Several units will be retro-fitted to counter stealth. For example, A-wings are known to carry surveillance equipment, and the Empire already has TIE scouts which could do the job. These are just examples - the final counters have not been decided yet.

And yes, Dathomir will be in the game.
 Darth Anarch
05-12-2006, 2:44 PM
One thing I've been wondering about: what new units does the Rebellion get? The Underworld faction of course gets all new units, and the Empire is getting DarkTroopers, the SSD, TIE Interceptors, the Juggernaut etc. Hopefully the Rebels will be getting some goodies too? (And I'm not counting heroes like Luke and Yoda here, mind you.)
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-12-2006, 4:49 PM
I can't give EVERYTHING away :) You'll see more as time goes on...
 Athanasios
05-12-2006, 5:04 PM
Anarch, i guess you're referring to ground forces since we've seen some new ones in space.

Well, T3B, torpedoe launcher and Hover Troop Transport (as seen in Force Commader) are some to think of.......

And oh, didnt you notice the pirate fighter in ground? Hey, this is stolen from mods :D (yet it will be cool to see, since devs can make these better)!
 Darth Anarch
05-12-2006, 6:32 PM
The pen-and-paper roleplaying games have lots of really interesting vehicles for all sides; UAVs, Freerunners, AT-PTs, Floating Fortresses... Not to mention that the Rebels have lots of other types of SpecForce soldiers in addition to Infiltrators. :shads3:
 alfredo_p87
05-12-2006, 8:41 PM
I want The Mark II Star Destroyer, just because i thing that the empire should have the best capital ships since they are (or they should be) the most powerful faction...
 The_Eradicator
05-15-2006, 3:02 AM
ive been wondering about something else ... are we gonna have new techs? like tech 6, 7 or maybe 8 ?
 PoiuyWired
05-15-2006, 3:49 AM
YT series? I am thinking about some dewback riders for some reason...

Mandalorian mercs.
 The_Eradicator
05-15-2006, 4:48 AM
Nahh i dont think the dewback riders will be there.. dewbacks can't survive in Icy planets, nor in lava planets and im not even sure of tropical planets
 wedge2211
05-15-2006, 10:54 AM
I think that the Underworld should not buy units in the conventional way that the Empire and Rebellion do. Instead, they should "hire" starship captains with some ambiguity as to what exactly they are getting. For instance, instead of building a corvette or building a gunship, they should "hire a tech level X corvette" for a price that fluctuates randomly over time and get either a corvette or gunship, without knowing exactly which until it arrives. That would add to the atmosphere of the Underworld as seedy and unpredictable--you might get more than your money's worth, but you might get less, instead!
 Darth Anarch
05-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I think that the Underworld should not buy units in the conventional way that the Empire and Rebellion do. Instead, they should "hire" starship captains with some ambiguity as to what exactly they are getting. For instance, instead of building a corvette or building a gunship, they should "hire a tech level X corvette" for a price that fluctuates randomly over time and get either a corvette or gunship, without knowing exactly which until it arrives. That would add to the atmosphere of the Underworld as seedy and unpredictable--you might get more than your money's worth, but you might get less, instead!
I would say, to use your example, a Corvette, Gunship OR Tartan; no reason they should only get Rebel units. But yes, that would be a cool feature.
 wedge2211
05-15-2006, 8:04 PM
Yeah, I really meant whatever the Underworld equivalents of corvette and gunship are; not exclusively the rebel units.
 magna mandaloe
05-16-2006, 4:16 AM
I think they took Every Idea we ever had including Dark Trooper Phase 3 ( I saw something in a Screen shot that looked like one) Maybe even the Less popular Hazard trooper. But the Dark trooper Phase 2 looks NICE :D
 Darth Anarch
05-16-2006, 5:44 AM
Oh, and here's a thing. I know it's not a unit, but is the planet Myrkr in the game? It would be cool with a planet that neutralised all the Force abilities of Force-using heroes on it.
 The_Eradicator
05-16-2006, 9:24 AM
now thats a very good point.... and considering it would have such an ability, i really belive that it would be a critical planet for the pirates, as it is home to Karrde's organization afterall...
 Destroyder121
05-16-2006, 9:29 AM
I can't give EVERYTHING away :) You'll see more as time goes on...Theres nothing that Jedi Mindtrick can't make you reveal!:ben:

Anyways, FoC does seem to add all kinds of units i haven't even thought of, like the Droiddekas. I hope theres other Clone War relics avaible from the black market, like the tri-droid fighters or something.

*hides before Darth Torpid sends Vader after him for being a jedi*
 PoiuyWired
05-18-2006, 12:02 PM
gungan sucide bombers...

Seriously though. If Thrawn is in play maybe Thrawn and even some other guys would have a few lizard pets perching on their shoulders...

Take that Jedi scum!
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
05-18-2006, 2:09 PM
Theres nothing that Jedi Mindtrick can't make you reveal!:ben:

Anyways, FoC does seem to add all kinds of units i haven't even thought of, like the Droiddekas. I hope theres other Clone War relics avaible from the black market, like the tri-droid fighters or something.

*hides before Darth Torpid sends Vader after him for being a jedi*

Maybe Darth torpid is a Toydarian or a Hutt and he is immume to mindtricks..

I say give him some money or a nebulon t-14 hyperdrive :watto:
 PoiuyWired
05-19-2006, 8:19 PM
How about the "Experimental TIEs" ???

M1-M5 remote controlled TIE fighter squads, Those TIE M1 Bazzare would be deadly against so many things.
 hk47
05-21-2006, 10:57 AM
i'd prefer a tie hunter there great a wings dont stand a chance
 Darth Anarch
05-21-2006, 2:09 PM
There are both TIE Phantoms and TIE Defenders in FoC, I've heard. Along with the TIE Interceptor that should be enough, don't you think?
Page: 1 of 1