Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Palpatine Vs Yoda: the rematch

Page: 1 of 1
 aggie_john
05-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Ok with the addition of yoda to the expansion. We have a chance to have the emperior and yoda fight a rematch of their ep III fight. My question is two part. 1) who would have the advantage? Will it be cinamatic considering that They did not make a fight between Obiwon and Papaltine cinamatic in the orginial game?
 gswift
05-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Good questions. I'm also anxious to see what they do with the new hero units, but I would bet that we won't see the answers till much later. That's the kind of thing that I'd rather not find out till I discover it in the game, as a surprise. I'd prefer to discover who has the advantage through trial and error, but special combat interaction is cool. It's in the game engine, so I hope they use it.

I additionally wonder if they have thought about special interactions between hero units in space combat? Perhaps a new creative opportunity for the designers? ...just a thougth. Do any of you petro guys know if the engine supports special hero combat interaction in space, like it does on land?
 lukeiamyourdad
05-12-2006, 1:05 AM
Well, on ground it can look quite cool but in space, heroes fighting heroes will just be some dogfight. I know some dogfights can be cool to watch but they're a lot less interesting then two Force users fighting each other.
 wedge2211
05-12-2006, 1:56 AM
I dunno, I'd love to see some fancy maneuvers in a Falcon/Slave IV matchup. Or Red Squadron/Darth Vader matchup.
 gswift
05-12-2006, 12:03 PM
I dunno, I'd love to see some fancy maneuvers in a Falcon/Slave IV matchup. Or Red Squadron/Darth Vader matchup.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Some cool voice dialogue, a cinematic space sequence, perhaps unlock an optional story line, etc... And don't forget that we may have 30% more heros in the game now, so the possible combos of heros increases greatly.
 hk47
05-12-2006, 2:37 PM
maybe they could do something else with those special fights like if emp and yoda get to a wall 1 of them does a special move(which could change the outcome ofthe battle) and like if some troops get near them yoda or emperor does a special move to kil the troops
 popcorn2008
05-12-2006, 7:06 PM
Yeah, I must say that Petro should make fights between force users cinematic. I was disapointed that the Obi-Wan v. Emperor fight wasn't. It would be cool to see them do special moves in said fights as well.
Page: 1 of 1