Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Does this mean...

Page: 1 of 1
 OverlordAngelus
05-09-2006, 5:30 PM
...three way multiplayer campaigns?
 Darth Andrew
05-09-2006, 6:13 PM
If so, it would be extremely hard to pull off. For example: The Rebels and the new pirate faction are fighting a space battle. Meanwhile, what's the Imperial player going to be doing? I sure wouldn't want to be a spectator in a battle that's not mine, so I wonder if this would even be possible in multiplayer.
 popcorn2008
05-09-2006, 6:18 PM
Good question to ask at the May 25th Live Dev chat.

Brought to you by Empireatwar.net your first oportunity to chat directly with the devs!
[/selfless advertising]
 Thrawn
05-09-2006, 6:24 PM
It would be a sweet thing to pull off. It may not be practical for conquest mode, but it could certainly be done with a skirmish.
 Darth Andrew
05-09-2006, 6:32 PM
It could definentaly be done in a single player conquest (it's basically already there in some Conquest scenarios) but multiplayer would be the problem....
 lukeiamyourdad
05-09-2006, 7:04 PM
Just lock it for two players. Easy answer to the problem :) Besides, such kind of game types are not made for more then two players to face-off.
 GhOsT-Jedi
05-10-2006, 6:46 PM
It would be easy to deal with, the third player can go and make units, he can set up his move, OR he could even have his fleet warp into the battle mid fight, what I mean by all of this, he has the choose to watch, and enjoy a good fight through cinamatic mode. OR he can build units(would be in a pause type timeway) and he can switch back and forth between them. Then if he has a fleet, he can move it to the fight, and have a choise within a 5minute timelimit to move his fleet in, if the timelimit runs out, he is forced to go in. Get what I'm saying?
 popcorn2008
05-10-2006, 7:08 PM
Well the devs have said this:

In galatic conquest -> Still only two players.
Skirmish -> All three sides can play.

Settles that question. :)
Page: 1 of 1