Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Casting Call: The Ancient Wars of Coruscant

Page: 1 of 1
 Alkonium
05-02-2006, 8:06 PM
After creating a very successful RP set in the future of Star Wars, I've decided to go in the other direction, and write one set in the distant past, at a time in which Coruscant isn't even as advanced as the real world is now. The inspiration for this was The Doctor's RP Warriors of the Force, and the Lord of the Rings films, of which my brother recently bought the Extended Editions on DVD. You can play as one of two warring factions: The Taung: the genetic ancestors of the Mandalorian Species, and the Zhell: the genetic ancestors of the human race. Because this story is set before electrical power was invented on Coruscant, there are no lightsabers, no blasters, and definitely no droids. The only weapons are a sword, a dagger, an axe, a warhammer, a bow, a crossbow, a Staff of Ashla, and a Bogan Truncheon. If you decide to play as the Zhell, you will have the choice between a Warrior, an Archer, or a Monk of Ashla, which is the predecessor to the Jedi, and if you play as the Taung, you have a choice between a Berserker, a Ranged Assassin, or a Voice of Bogan. A may also combine classes, but you will have to focus on your primary, as well as have the appearance of such. Here is the base for the character sheet:

Name:
Faction:
Weapon:
Birthplace:

Name: Verax Kaltas
Faction: Zhell
Class: Warrior/Priest of Ashla
Weapon: Twin Phrik Shortswords
Birthplace: The Manarai Mountains
Backstory: Born to one of the finest Zhell Warriors and a Priestess of Ashla, Verax has followed in the footsteps of both his parents. When they were slain by Taung Assassins, he swore vengeance against the Taung, and now leads the Zhell in battle, although is often with a small group of other Zhell to fight where a sending a large army would be unwise.
 Hallucination
05-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Name: Vorin Rek
Faction: Taung
Class: Berserker
Weapon: two-handed axe and a gladius (short sword)
Birthplace: Unknown
Age: 17 (if they don't have electricity though most likely start fight young, but if anyone has a problem with it I'll change it.)
Backstory: Rek was born to a moderately well-off Taung family. He was considered a decent fighter, but never did anything worthy of recongition until he came back from a hunt to find his village under attack. He saw his parents killed by four humans, and was driven into a frenzy, killing the four men and taking down three others with his hunting party before the humans left. Since then he has become an eager soldier, joining many missions, although he is somewhat impatient and sarcastic.

This is gonna be the first RP I've ever joined, feel free to yell at me for doing something wrong. :)

Edit: I'm also very suggestible, feel free to boss me around.
 RaV™
05-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Name: Sciamantos
Class: Berserker
Weapon: Two curved swords
Birthplace: Coruscant
backstory: N/A

Is there going to be a Lord Mandalore for Taung?
 Diego Varen
05-03-2006, 1:22 AM
Since I never joined your RP until too late, I've decided to join your second one.

Name: Quorin Vak
Class: Monk of Ashla
Weapon: A Sword and a small Dagger
Backstory: Quorin Vak was one of the oldest predecessor to the Jedi Knights. He fought in the Ancient Wars Of Coruscant. Other than that, little is known about him.
 Lantzen
05-03-2006, 4:01 PM
Name: Rani
Class: Archer
Weapon: Bow and a dagger
Backstory: Rani have train in the art of archery since he was 5 years old. He joined the Zhell army at the age of 18, so he don't have so much comat experince and is low ranked.

((This is my first RPG, so the same as Hallucination, boss me around a little))
 steven
05-03-2006, 4:58 PM
Name:The Major
Faction:None/Taung
Class:Ranger
Weapon: Crossbow which fires daggers.
Birthplace:Unknown
Backstory: Not much is known about the Major expect he is a mercinary who often works Taung. He is an experiened archer and is at expert in stealth and traps. There are verous rumors he was born as a Zhell but converted after his family betrayed him to capture an important Taung officer
 Killwithhonor
05-03-2006, 6:44 PM
Name: Arval (took) Shlek
Class: Ranger(Primary)/Warrior(Secondary)
Weapon: Staggered Bow, Scimitar in his side where his belt is
Backstory: Raised in a tribe of the Zhell who are masters of the archery class, Tuk, learned many skills and specialties, one being his outstanding bow mastery and secondly his meteocher sword skills. He aquired his first bow when he was 7, he soon learned how to craft bows as well as use them at the age of 9.At the age of 16 Tuk went out on his own in search of more than just a tribe but he looked foward to serve as an Official Zhell.
 Niner_777
05-03-2006, 7:45 PM
Name: Chris Thorpe
Faction:Taung
Class:Ranged Assassin
Weapon:Bow, katana, daggers
Birthplace: Dxun
Backstory: Chris Thorpe's biological parents sent him to a training camp and never came back for him. There he learned much about battle. His advanced speed, agility, and sword fighting abilities make him great at close range combat, though he isn't stong enough to take on large enemies at close range. For these jobs Chris uses his accuracy to hit his opponents weak spots with his bow. He always tries to be in a position of advantage in a fight.
 Hallucination
05-03-2006, 8:01 PM
^I don't want to be a troll, but they don't even have electricity and they're on Coruscant, I'd be really surprised if someone could walk from Dxun all the way to Coruscant. :p
Edit 1: But then again he does know advanced speed techniques..
Edit 2: I just noticed this: There isn't a healer class.
Edit 3: I don't know too much about the Taung, but whenever I think of them I keep on thinking of guys like the Fremen in Dune. Since this is your RP Alkonium, could you give us your vision on what they are?
 RaV™
05-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Look em up on Wikipedia, not alot of information. They look like total bad asses though.
(In my upcoming story I plan to post the main character is a Taung.)
 Hallucination
05-03-2006, 11:48 PM
^Thanks for the idea, but once again there is much information left out, and this is Alkonium's RP. I'd like to hear his ideas. :)
 RaV™
05-03-2006, 11:53 PM
True that you are, i'm very interested in learning more about the Taungs. Can't find crap about them on the net. Alkonium's RP it is and I can't wait to hear ideas.
 Alkonium
05-04-2006, 7:41 AM
Well, I was thinking that the Zhell fortresses would be shaped like isosceles triangles from above, and at the middle of the non-identical side is a tall tower, which is meant to be reminiscent of a Star Destroyer, the Taung helmets have T-shaped eye holes, reminiscent of the Mandalorian helmets, and other than that I can tell you that is that this is going to be look very much like our own Medieval period.
 JediMaster12
05-04-2006, 1:33 PM
Name:Arlen Ravenworth
Faction:Zhell
Class:warrior/monk
Weapon:sword,long bow
Birthplace:Coruscant
Backstory:Born on Coruscant and raised away from civilization, she developed a unique form of communication with the animals. She listens to the four winds and lets it guide her giving her a rather faraway look but a strong figure.
 RaV™
05-04-2006, 3:37 PM
So basically Taung's helmet look a little bit like a Shogun Warhelm, but T shaped?
 Killwithhonor
05-04-2006, 5:39 PM
Well, I was thinking that the Zhell fortresses would be shaped like isosceles triangles from above, and at the middle of the non-identical side is a tall tower, which is meant to be reminiscent of a Star Destroyer, the Taung helmets have T-shaped eye holes, reminiscent of the Mandalorian helmets, and other than that I can tell you that is that this is going to be look very much like our own Medieval period.

sweet, im psyched for the rp! Coincidence...I just got a medival book on king arthur, and the templars knights, and a book on merlin for school, lol
 Xbx_Inthusiast
05-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Name: Dominic Cross
Class: Ranged Assassin
Weapon: Whistling bow (makes a sharp whistling sound. Whenever you hear the shriek, the person is already dead :P), a set of ninjitsu throwing daggers, 12 in all. Two katanas, crossed in an X formation on his right hip.
Backstory: Unknown, he likes to keep to himself, so it was never recorded.
 Maverick5770
05-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Name:Arik Vob
Faction:Zhell
Class:Warrior
Weapon:Warhammer, small axe and a small sword
Birthplace:Coruscant
Backstory:Born and raised on Coruscant, Arik was always big for his age, now at 23 he is almost giant. Enemies flee before his charge, yell and giant warhammer.
 Killwithhonor
05-05-2006, 3:45 PM
This looks good, i cant wait until this rp starts its my first in a long time!
 Alkonium
05-05-2006, 6:02 PM
Alright, I think it's time to start the rp! Anyone else, feel free to post new characters here.
 Niner_777
05-07-2006, 3:51 PM
I'd be really surprised if someone could walk from Dxun all the way to Coruscant.

Wormhole of course, duh. lol

Actually, I didn't think of that. Oh well.
Page: 1 of 1