Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No GF on Lucas Store?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ramsey721
03-30-2006, 1:32 PM
How come there you can't purchase Grim Fandango from the LucasArts online store? This one I mean : http://store.lucasarts.com/)

You can purchase alot of other games, but you cant get grim... whats going on?
 Thrik
03-30-2006, 2:18 PM
I asked them about this last month:

Unfortunately we are completely sold out of this item. It may come back into stock in a few months.
 Ramsey721
03-30-2006, 3:50 PM
Oh... that sucks.
 Samnmax221
03-30-2006, 10:07 PM
I kinda doubt that they'll get it back in, theres not all that much demand for it right now, I suggest your local Best Buy's cheap Aisle or Ebay. You'll probebly get a better price anyway
 Mr.Samoal
04-04-2006, 5:13 AM
Hm, Well its available in computer shops where i live.
There is a way, you can order it from a computer shop, ask them if they get you Grim Fandango, and give them extra money, Thats if you dont wanna use credit cards through the net.
 urluckyday
06-10-2006, 6:42 PM
They're completely out of stock because they stopped making them...great...they "may" get them in a few months...yeah right LA...

:smash: Verdict is in...LA is going to a place that I cannot follow...Lucasarts can only redeem themselves in me if they bring back their classics (at least for a while)...the truth is...I'll still buy their Star Wars games for ever and ever though...
 CHAOSMAN
06-16-2006, 6:35 PM
its kinda rediculous, the cd jewel case version of the game is going an upwards of $30 on ebay, the dvd case version about $25ish. I got my sealed autographed boxed copy for $300, man that hurt my bank!
 urluckyday
06-17-2006, 2:26 PM
Well...it's definitely worth it because GF is the best game ever made...
 James Isaac
06-19-2006, 4:33 PM
This is pretty bad news... it used to be around Ј5-Ј10, but now the cheapest I can find it is Ј20, which is very frustrating because my friend wanted to buy it for Ј5-Ј10, but he's not willing to spend that much on it :(. I really hope they start to produce it cheap again... if they do I'll stock up this time :p
 Thrik
06-20-2006, 4:38 AM
Guys, by all means use the LucasArts store contact form (http://store.lucasarts.com/contactus.xml) to proclaim that you'd like to see Grim Fandango available again so you or a friend can buy it. Companies like LucasArts will only respond to demand, and if there's no perceived demand for it then they won't even think about bringing it back — even if it would take them very little effort to do so.

Even several emails about it on a regular basis would make a difference, as chances are the small team that deals with the emails will notice the repetition. And as far as I'm aware, they're obligated to send out at least a response as long as the question is valid (eg: When is Grim Fandango going to be available again?).
 urluckyday
06-20-2006, 7:52 PM
You know what...that is a great idea. Doublefine is trying to do something like that so that Psychonauts can be played on the 360...great idea Thrik
 James Isaac
06-21-2006, 4:33 PM
Hey, I think this is good news :). I wrote a pretty long email to them explaining how great Grim Fandango was and I got this reply

Please check back with us as we are currently working on obtaining this game.
 urluckyday
06-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Yea...I got the same answer...
 kolto
06-25-2006, 5:41 AM
How come there you can't purchase Grim Fandango from the LucasArts online store? This one I mean : http://store.lucasarts.com/)

You can purchase alot of other games, but you cant get grim... whats going on?
:sithk:
 VampireNaomi
06-25-2006, 8:03 AM
Not to take away your right to express yourself, kolto, but it would be easier to understand what you mean if your posts contained something else besides Sith Knight smilies. You did that in another thread, too. We aren't psychics. ;)
 Yohein
06-25-2006, 10:54 AM
As I said in another post, Activision reedited Grim Fandango in Spain. I hope they'll do the same in other countries.
Page: 1 of 1