Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is there a Moding System for the Xbox?

Page: 1 of 1
 ThoraxeRMG
03-29-2006, 6:19 PM
Well? I know there is at least something close, because if Vox Angel/Storm Singer and Dak Vesser were able to create those great game saves, I know there is at least hope!
 RedHawke
03-29-2006, 9:52 PM
Moved to T3-M4's Droid Center as this isn't necissarily about KotOR Tool...

I'm not sure what you are asking for?

It is very likely that those save games were made by people with modded XBox's that had mods installed just like the PC versions do, mod files like items, etc. save to the save game when you get them in game so that is how they are there in those downloadable game saves. As long as the modded items use no custom skins there shouldn't even be any display problems.

Copied from my other post in Taris Upper City forum:
The sad fact is that we mainly make PC mods here, those who have modded XBox'es sometimes are able to use our PC mods with some effort, sometimes they can't. But this is all stuff you will have to do on your end, many of us here have zero expirience in these matters.

@ Everybody: If you are an XBox mod user perhaps you can PM ThoraxeRMG and give him some assistance on how to use some of our mods here on his XBox. Thanks.

Edit: Or perhaps we could dedicate this thread to giving people instructions/tips for doing so. I'll leave it up to those of you in the know about this sort of thing. ;)
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-30-2006, 1:28 PM
I'm a very experienced XBox KOTOR and KOTOR 2 modder, but sadly, I deleted KOTOR 1 for the pc a long time ago, so I can't use KOTOR tool for my xbox game of kotor (To actually make mods myself). I have a long list of mods from kotor 1 that are compatible for XBox. If you have any questions, PM me.

Also, I can help with softmodding your xbox if you havn't done that already. The link to the thread with all the mods is below:

I'm Darth Mulas, by the way. (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=479569)
 ThoraxeRMG
03-30-2006, 6:13 PM
Thank you Red Hawk you are the greatest.
And an thanks to you Darth Mulas
I just still wonder how does Dak Vesser and Storm Singer Vox Angel make those great saves. I mean one of Dak's saves had 3 handmaiden and Atris fight you at the beginning of th game. Oh well I might as well go buy the PC Version of KOTOR 1 & 2.
Hey Hawke do you have the Revan Robe mod, but without his mask?
Just give him the White man head 4.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-30-2006, 9:04 PM
I know VoxAngel hex-edited his/her saves. There's a tutorial on his/her website.
 ThoraxeRMG
04-04-2006, 8:18 PM
what's the site?!
And nani desu ka!!??
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-04-2006, 8:39 PM
Unless you've got some skill with a a hex editor, KSE (http://starwarsknights.com/tools.php) is your best bet. Luckily v3.3.3 has better compatibility with XBox saves.
 Fiestainabox
07-05-2006, 9:38 AM
All right, I have both the PC and Xbox versions of TSL so I'll explain what do to do Get modding, or use some mods for the Xbox Versions of the mods.I'm not too good with explaining things, so bear with me. Also, alot of the stuff your going to use isn't particuarilily legal, so I'm not going to post any files here. If you need any cleared up, feel free to PM me.

I am not responsible for your actions, You could quite possibly break your xbox with the stuff I'm posting below.

You have 2 choices on what kind of xbox your going to use.

A Modded Xbox
Standard "Off-The-Shelf" Xbox (I'll call it a virgin xbox for now)

Virgin Xbox
Now, the only problem with using a virgin xbox, is that they can't run actual pcgamemods.com mods. They can only run saves hacks. The only real game save hacks that come with great items are Stormsinger/voxangel's, they come with an item generator (Find it here:Site (http://home.alltel.net/jls31/)) You can hack your own game saves with KSE, but no matter what your going to need to invest money.

Modded Xbox
Using a modded xbox is probablly your best bet. Xbox is probably the easiest console to mod, and the cheapest. Now you have two choices for a mod, a Modchip, or a softmod. I used a soft mod because its 10 times cheaper and easier.

**Modchip
If you want to use a modchip, I suggest you check out this (www.xbox-scene.com) for more info on modchips.

**Softmod
Now I suggest you go out and buy Action Replay Max (http://newestrelease.stores.yahoo.net/maxxbox.html) . You can buy it at just about any Wal-Mart,Zellers, or best buy. (The original Action Replay for xbox works too, but it has a tendency to corrupt game saves, which can be critical when softmodding.) Also, your going to need a certain game, either Mechassult,007 agent under fire, or splinter Cell 1. They have to be the originals, as in not the platinum hits versions.

I used the splinter cell version, with the "Tom Clancy's Classic Trilogy", which worked. It was actually a good deal, since the splinter Cell came with Ghost Recon 1 and rainbow six 3, all for $30 Canadian!

After you have one of those three games and a copy of action replay, I hand the rest of the work to this Site (www.xbox-scene.com). Since most of that has nothing to do with Kotor Modding. You can definatly find a lot of tutorials on outmoding there, or if all else fails, Google it.

Anyway, you got yourself a modded Xbox, and copy of Kotor/TSL.

First, your going to need to backup the gamedisk onto the harddrive, I'll leave that to you to figure out. After that, just like in the PC version of the game, make an override folder in the root of the game, the tree should be similar to this: E>games>Kotor2>Override. You need to have the override folder in the same folder as "default.xbe" (Default.xbe is really just a xbox version of .exe).
Then run your game from the hard drive and you got yourself an modded kotor 2!

**Bugs
They're is one major Bug. It's the infamous T3 peragus bug, when t3 gets shot on peragus, the game will lockup and turn black, this is a bug created from running the game off the hard drive. The only way you can bypass this bug is by saving before the bug, and playing through it using the original disk. for more info on it, see this (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=355253) thread.

**Limitations
In rating from highest priority to lowest:
No cheat console
There is no way to type in cheats like in the PC version of the Game. All mods that you choose have to be scripted into the game. A way to bypass this is to edit your gamesave. See above in my post to see how to edit your gamesave.
Some mods just don't work.
When using mods with the xbox version of the game, its kind of like licking a lightsocket to test if its on, you might get screwed over, or you might not. If a mod dosen't work, well, you can email the creater and get them to fix it, or work on it yourself.

**Modding Kotor

You can use Kotor Tool to make mod, actually, to pretty much do anything with kotor, your going to need it. The only thing is, your not going to be able to use the newest version, Xbox-modders use a ancient version of Kotor Tool that is known as "The Last useful version of Kotor tool" (No offense fred) You can Download it off of file front here] (http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;4094982;;/fileinfo.html).

Now, your going to need to get the file's from the Xbox version of the game to your PC for modding. You'll need to learn how to FTP from your xbox to do so. This (www.xbox-scene.com) site has plenty of tutorials on how to FTP. Once your FTPing to your PC, you'll have to copy ALL of the contents of the disk, to your PC, except for the movies,streamwaves, or streamsounds (unless your going to be doing sound editing) folders. These tend to take up lots of space. After that. Set Kotor tools directory to the folders you just copied the game too. If all goes well, kotor tool should use it correctly.

**Cool Hint
Just for a little info, under the modules folder, there’s the modules for the cutout Droid planet, which you can use in any of your PC or Xbox mods. Thought I'd tell you that.

Once your done modding, you just put your modded files in the override folder in your Kotor directory.

**Gamesave Hacking
If you bought Action Replay, you can perform a game save Hack on your game save using KSE. Your definatly going to want to backup your game save first of course, since game save hacking isn't a particularly safe art. After that, your going to probably need xboxsavsig to resign it, under most circumstances, your going to have to use goggle to find it though, since I can't legally post it here.

Hopefully that helps!
 Revans disciple
08-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks, I didn't test it yet, but if it really works for xbox, then, as I said at the beginning of this post, thanks!

Edit: Alright, now I've tried it with my xbox, but there were 2 problems. First one was that it says my chitin.key file was corrupted. Why is that, and how to fix it? And Secondly, how do I save the mods? If I click "file" and save them from there, it'll make a new file, like it doesn't apply it to 2da.bif, it makes a file called, for example, featgain.2da.

-someone, who requests help
 Fiestainabox
08-06-2006, 5:48 PM
You have to have your copy of kotor on your hardrive. when you do that, simply make an override folder inside the root of the game. (Mines E:/Games/Kotor 2/Override) you don't need to make a new 2da bif, just make sure you put your .2da file in the ovveride.
Page: 1 of 1