Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[FIC]Rescue From Mustafar: Special Edition

Page: 1 of 1
 Alkonium
03-20-2006, 7:24 PM
Looking back, I felt that my Rescue from Mustafar story was too short, and not as well put-together as its sequels, so I decided I'd redo it.

A long time ago, in a Galaxy
far, far away....

STAR WARS

RESCUE FROM MUSTAFAR

It is a perilous time for the
Third Galactic Republic.
The ancient assassin droid,
HK-47, has reappeared after
four thousand years, and
declared war on all organic life.

This war has struck the
Republic hard, as its once
sworn enemies, the Yuuzhan
Vong, are now loyal allies,
and hated the most by
the forces of HK-47.

A deadly Droid warship
looms over the capital
world of Coruscant, bent
on bringing the great
Republic to its knees....
 JediMaster12
03-21-2006, 6:03 PM
Good. Now all we need is some music and some starships:D I look forward to seeing the special edition.
 Alkonium
03-21-2006, 6:35 PM
Well, this isn't exactly going to be like the Star Wars Special Editions, but I'm glad you're looking forward to it.
"Statement: Lord Bizzaroon, we have arrived at Hyperspace Coordinates 0, 0, 0." HK-47 said to the holographic figure of the mysterious Sith Lord. "Good work, begin landing your troops." The hologram replied. "Suggestion: I recommend we simply destroy the planet via Orbital Bombardment." HK-47 commented. "I reactivated you and the CIS's Droid Army for a reason, and I can deactivate you just as easily. Now, do as I say, droid." The Sith Lord replied. "Acknowledgement: Yes, sir." HK-47 replied.
Immediately after, HK Imperium landing craft began their descent towards Coruscant, and with them, would come the end of the Republic.
At the Republic Military Base, alarms immediately went off, and troops began moving to their ships, to the Star Destroyers for defense in space, and to the ATTs for the defense on ground.
At the Executive Office Building, Republic Chief of StateKomad Secura, got out of his desk as three Jedi entered his office. One of them, his son-in-law, a human named Alkonium Kaltas informed him of the present danger. "Sir, we have to get you to safety. The Republic depends on it!" He said. "I will not cut and run in the face of these enemies." Komad replied. "Komad, Blai would never forgive me if anything were to happen to you, and that might seriously reduce your chance of having any grandchildren." Alkonium responded. "Alright. Kaitй, do what you can to make sure the droids don't follow us." Komad then said to Kaitй Naberrie, the Vice Chair of the Republic Senate. One of the other two Jedi, a male human from Corellia named Isomah Enu, looked nervously, as he and Kaitй had been dating for the past two years. Hethra Iazoki, a male human from Tython, attempted to reassure Isomah. "Don't worry, the droids probably won't even reach the Senate District." He said to his friend.
 JediMaster12
03-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Nice. I was expecting an intro like it was X amount years after this. It kind of helps set the setting ya know what I mean? Don't get me wrong it is good but sometimes a bit of description helps with character development, etc. Don't take my word for it completely because I'm still learning myself. Anyways, good show and hope to see more.
 Alkonium
03-28-2006, 8:17 AM
I know, but Rescue from Mustafar was the first part in the Kaltas story that I wrote, plus I simply felt an opening text crawl would work better.
 machievelli
12-25-2008, 12:09 PM
read
Page: 1 of 1