Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Space Defence Batteries

Page: 1 of 1
 Kloppstock
03-14-2006, 7:39 PM
Thoose abandoned spaceplaforms in space,often around the space stations

you should be able to build varius defence batteries on thoose. how do i do to get the build window up on thoose in the campaign? (nothing happend when im apporach with my ships) i cant find it in the manual, i have heard of it before but im to lacy to play the tutorial again

are thei any good anyway?

Thank You :)
 wedge2211
03-14-2006, 9:04 PM
Keep a capital ship near the platform, and keep the area around the platform clear of enemy ships. In a few seconds you should see the center of the platform turn green, and you'll be able to right-click on the platform and select a missile or laser defense satellite to build.
 droosp
03-18-2006, 6:44 PM
Keep a capital ship near the platform, and keep the area around the platform clear of enemy ships. In a few seconds you should see the center of the platform turn green, and you'll be able to right-click on the platform and select a missile or laser defense satellite to build.

can this be done in multiplayer mode? if so how?
 droosp
03-18-2006, 6:45 PM
how would you do it in multiplayer mode.. *sorry if i am repeating* kind of new here. anyway how do you select a space station ?
 Darth Andrew
03-18-2006, 6:55 PM
I think you just right-click it, then select one of the options to build whatever you choose.
 fatlazyhomer
03-18-2006, 7:01 PM
Personally, i prefer the laser option. Its good anti-fighter. Most capital ships can outrange it anyways, so whats the point.
 Jafar
03-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Personally, i prefer the laser option. Its good anti-fighter. Most capital ships can outrange it anyways, so whats the point.

Yeah, plus, the missile turrets aren't worth crud with their weapons, even against capital ships, unless the target isn't moving. They do, however, have a nice sight range.

When I've got the enemy deadlocked at the frontlines of the battle, I use laser batteries in the front and missile sites in the rear to keep an eye out for sneak attacks, so I don't have to commit population points to watching.
 conmanguyler
03-31-2006, 6:06 AM
how would you do it in multiplayer mode.. *sorry if i am repeating* kind of new here. anyway how do you select a space station ?

u just click on it, then the bar thing at the bottom of your screen shld show a load of icons with prices, these are the things that u can buy,if the icons arent highlighted,then you cant afford them.

(its left click btw)
Page: 1 of 1