Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Han solo

Page: 1 of 1
 Spiralarchitech
03-12-2006, 9:29 PM
Does anyone else think han solo's emp weapon is over-powered.

I was playing online earlier, i was rebels and my opponent had massed a good sized force of about 8 2-m's 4 at'st's and about 3-4 squads of troopers just to the north of my base.

Most of my force was commited at this time to attacking his base and all i had for the defence of my base was 3 T4-B tanks and han and chewie.

So anyhows his force started to move in and started to commit itself againist my 3 T4-B's when i sprinted han and chewie right into the middle of his force used hans emp which knocked out 90% of his vehicles and chewie bounced into a 2-m.

With these 4 vehicles i was able to destroy about 95% of his army before the emp effect wore off, but the reason i belive han is overpowered is because there was simply nothing my opponent could have done to stop han from running in there.

I felt a bit guilty (just a bit)
 DasFlo
03-13-2006, 1:10 AM
I guess it depends.
Ever saw what Vader will do to a good sized force of infantry alone? While also chosing 1 vehicle that WILL be destroyed no matter what? Taking like no damage at all from infantry fire? I guess the rebs DO need a counter hero-wise. It's not like they had an abundance of direct damage on that front. That aside, I guess Han could do with a reduced emp-cap ... We should have him disable 5 vehicles at most, those are as good as dead, too. I suggest putting this into the "fix it" thread, however.

Well, then again, I might be thinking wc3'ish here.
 wedge2211
03-13-2006, 5:07 PM
Ah, in my mind, you simply served that opponent his just desserts. That'll teach him to keep all his valuable assets in one place.
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-13-2006, 7:07 PM
No a bit. His defense against almost everything is ****. He NEEDS it.
Page: 1 of 1