Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do the scanners work?

Page: 1 of 1
 jediturkey
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm a little confused. I have scanners on my space station and they warn me about incoming imperial ships, however I cannot tell where they are coming from. Am I missing something?

Thank you. :)
 Slocket
03-06-2006, 6:35 PM
Yeh, you would think the would show the stupid Rebel fleet icon or something.

Incoming, but there in NO picture showing you what planet is being attacked.
------------
Look over at your driod advisor and he will show a two second pop-up message of what planet is being attacked.
 wswordsmen
03-06-2006, 8:45 PM
your little droid buddy tells you

Fleet incoming at Kasheek
 Darth_Fetto
03-07-2006, 9:10 AM
That's right, BUT

sometimes Fleets attack without warning, although there are scanners and the wealthy upgraded spacestation s gona be smoked!
 jediturkey
03-07-2006, 10:28 AM
It seems the text comes up very quickly and fades. I wish the text for the warning would stay up longer until we clicked it. The text mentions where they are heading. :)
 kaboom1701
03-08-2006, 2:17 AM
I agree, some sort of icon warring would be nice.
 Shadue
11-08-2006, 2:29 PM
Ok I am really confused.

So you put a scanner on your space station, and all it does is warns you about an attack that will inevitably happen within a couple seconds anyways... *scratchs his head*

From what I read on the description of the upgrade, I thought it would basically do what the probe droid does but only to adjacent planets to what ever space station has the upgrade.

Really... what is the point of this upgrade? What does it matter if you know 5 seconds ahead of time that a planet is going to be attacked... it changes nothing nor does it allow you to prepare for it...
 lordzack
12-04-2006, 12:20 PM
It does if you can get a fleet to that planet before they'res arrives.
 Pabby
12-10-2006, 11:13 PM
I use it to show enemy traffic, its great for surprise attacks if you watch where the arrows go along the hyperspace routes and move in on the planet they just left from, you can set up great pincers that way, if theres two planets moving back and forth attack the one that just sent something along and then you have the second one cornered, its basically to give you an idea of enemy traffic.
 Igor_Cavkov
01-26-2007, 3:51 PM
once your planet is under atack you only have a few seconds more to react but other wise its good for monitoring nearby planets
 lRatchetl
01-27-2007, 4:59 AM
The scanner can be useful in space combat because it reveals a large amount of the map but usually it doesn't reveal the enemy.
Although on a couple of occasions it has revealed the enemy fleet and my space station attacked them staright away.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
05-03-2007, 7:47 PM
Well, with all the glitches it's useless.....
Page: 1 of 1