Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Correlian Gunships > *

Page: 1 of 1
 jediturkey
03-05-2006, 10:55 AM
I find I can defend a planet with just a bunch of Correlian Gunships and nothing else. The game says they are weak against Star Destroyers -- perhaps so but they survive almost anything. Takes a little longer but they get the job done better than tons of small ships.
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-05-2006, 1:01 PM
I find I can defend a planet with just a bunch of Correlian Gunships and nothing else. The game says they are weak against Star Destroyers -- perhaps so but they survive almost anything. Takes a little longer but they get the job done better than tons of small ships.

lol....yeah I know. When I had 15 Correlian Corvettes/Gunships and most of my other units were destroyed and I had like 8 of them and they owned the Empire's units.

Plus, it's sorta funny how 2 X-wing squads nearly took an Empire's army when the Death Star attacked.
 Goldenshadow
03-05-2006, 2:53 PM
The gunship has several advantages over the large imperial ships. first, it fires missile which ignore shields, so you can take out star destroyer hardpoints using hit and run. The other advantage is the speed boost that lets it perform its hit and run without losing shields. But be careful not to let them get caught by a tractor beam, and they are vulnerable to acclamators since they have proton torpedo launchers
 jediturkey
03-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Yah, I just took out 8 destroyers with a handful of gunboat and y-wing fleets. :)
 DasFlo
03-06-2006, 9:40 PM
Yeah, great fun...
But, uhm... shouldn't those VSD/ISDs ... like... just utterly destroy them?
I noticed just today (first time i got to use ISDs) that those gunships take a lot more of a beating from even a group of SDs than they imho by any means should. I can't believe that's just a micro issue. The AI doesn't really tend to be all that great at that, and there's not that much room for micro management with an ISD.
 jediturkey
03-07-2006, 8:42 AM
Yah, the VSD's really give the gunships a run for their money.
 pbarny
03-07-2006, 8:08 PM
I wonder if tag teaming a little rebel ship with an ISD tractor beam and a VSD using Weapons boost would do...
 jedi3112
03-08-2006, 1:49 PM
I strongly believe that those gunships are the most efficient rebel unit in the game. Sure SDs give them a run for their money, but they do that to every unit. I actually now use gunships instead of Y-wings for the added durability. Y-wings tend to get shot to bits and I hardly ever lose gunships. However I do still have 5 squads of Y-wings assigned to my ground attack forces. But I don't use them in space combat since I found that I kept replacing them. I now have most of my planets build the gunships unless they can build the MC cruisers.
 Thrawn3.14
07-02-2006, 9:19 PM
Gunships are an extremely versatile unit; they can take on anything from fighters to capital ships can win. If they can get behind an enemy starship (made even easier with the Engine Boost ability) destroying it becones relatively easy.
Page: 1 of 1