Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Win64 Splash Screen Freeze

Page: 1 of 1
 Fortuatis
03-05-2006, 6:26 AM
Hi

Has anyone managed to get this miserable game to work under Windows 64 bit?

I have updated a million drivers for each and very device on the pc, and while all the other new games seem to work fine, this game does not.

When I launch the game it shows the full screen spash screen, and promptly does nothing else. I don't think the systen is doing anything, as I do not have any HDD activity. I am however not even able to Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del or any other key combo you'd like to try.

I have left it for 30mins, and same as always ended up having to do a hard reset on the case to get back to windows. The event log has not recorded any errors for this at all. I also tired the safe mode, with the exact same results. Win compatibility mode has also had no effect. Neither has multiple un/re-installs. with and without manual registry/file/folder cleanups.

Game has been patched to the latest version. AMD 64 4000+, 2GB RAM, 400GB NVRAID HDD, Sparkle 7800 GTX 256MB, ASUS NForce4 Delux/Premium board -> All with latest drivers avail (which work in everything else) installed. And of course Windows XP 64 bit, also fully patched.

Anyone have any ideas, cause this has been R300, and 3 days wasted. I'm about to use this as firewood for my next BBQ. And I will not be buying any Lucasarts/Activision game again anytime soon - the lesson has been learnt.

Thanks
 Athanasios
03-05-2006, 10:03 AM
First of all the game is No.1 out there, so, it's not a simple "firewood".

Secondly, i don't know if EaW can ran in 64bit systems. Try contacting LEC or Torpid-PG.
 Fortuatis
03-06-2006, 9:27 AM
I have contacted Tech support, but nothing yet.

I don't know what the official word is on Win 64, but I know it works, having in fact played for about a week on such a system. It was somewhat less powerful pc than mine, but largely same brand of everything, only cheaper stuff. In fact most of my drivers were the exact ones I used to install that PC (helped out a friend while visting there for a week).

So I got back home, bought the game, dying to carry on playing with the settings notched up a bit, only to not have it want to work at all.

I don't WANT to use it as firewood, it's just at the moment it's a rather expensive coffee coaster, and I still can't play it :(
 Athanasios
03-06-2006, 5:59 PM
You contacted LEC people?

Well, in my first post i do know that i write "Try contacting LEC...", but you were not supposed to do so :)...heh, for the obvious reasons you state above. If you see better, i also mention "Try contacting LEC or Torpid-PG", so, what you should do is rather contact Torpid-PG than LEC.

Darth_Torpid-PG is an EaW developer from Petroglyph. He answers many mod and non-mod questions and since he works for Petro, he will forward your problem way faster than LEC people (who are publishers, not developers).

What i strongly suggest is sending Darth_Torpid-PG a personal message from these forums stating clearly your problem (or directing him at this thread).

Hope this helps

PS: Coffee coaster?? :^:
 arkodeon
03-06-2006, 6:13 PM

Anyone have any ideas, cause this has been R300, and 3 days wasted. I'm about to use this as firewood for my next BBQ. And I will not be buying any Lucasarts/Activision game again anytime soon - the lesson has been learnt.

Thanks

Activision was involved in this game? o.oa;;;
 Fortuatis
03-10-2006, 6:42 AM
Activision was involved in this game? o.oa;;;
Thought I saw something about them on the box/manual, but maybe it is ZA only thing, or maybe I am going blind (excessive PC use does that to you I hear :P)
 Fortuatis
03-10-2006, 6:47 AM
"Try contacting LEC or Torpid-PG"
PS: Coffee coaster?? :^:

Aaahhh, I see what you meant. Ok, thank you, will try contacting him.

Oh and the Coffee coaster -> you know, round, flat disc shaped item to place your mug/drink on so you don't leave stains on the desk. Old/hated Cd's work well for this btw.
Page: 1 of 1